T-Mobile gives away free SIM-card kits for compatible unlocked phones
Once it arrives via mail, you are ready to choose a plan and activate the SIM card. By the way shipping is free, too. There is a chance that you will experience the following error while trying to checkout:
If this happens to you, it is recommended to either try checking out again or call the provided phone number.
source: T-Mobile via WPCentral
1. gbuffs (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Mar 2011)
Yea, I tried 2 different CC & all I get is:
Sorry—we're having some trouble with the debit/credit card you provided. Please check to make sure you've correctly filled in all the required fields.
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
That sucks. Was able to successfully purchase my SIM on the first attempt. Though the order took a bit longer to process.
10. febzz (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I got that error message the first time, but I then clicked on Place Order again and it's successful. I used Google Chrome when I placed the order.
3. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Their service is horrible at my work and at home. I found that my verizon iPhone 5s was unlocked and I decided to try out the service. From dropped calls to no internet connection it was a nightmare. Even my battery life took a hit and I had to put it in airplane mode. My slow as hell Droid X from 2010 on Verizon 3G was more reliable. I use my internet at home or at work so basically t-mobile is at the bottom of my list. That $30 play looked so good.
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1195; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Deerfield IL for work and Round Lake IL for Home. Their coverage says that I should have decent service. It was so bad I think that if I had to call 911 I would have been dead already.
5. promise7 (Posts: 407; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I added 2 to cart, and entered the promo code, but I don't see the option to choose what type of SIM card you want. Am I just missing it?
11. trustory (Posts: 105; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
you shoulve added the 2 you wanted tho the cart
7. chazking99 (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Just call in to telesales at 1800tmobile and mention the novsim code and we will get u taken care of.
8. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Don't Att and Vzw already give away free SIM cards?
9. gentleman559 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Yes but they charge a $35 activation fee for each line you activate.
12. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 78; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Think of it as $35 for activation fee or $10 for sim-card. Think smart. haha