T-Mobile collects record 100K registrations for the Samsung Galaxy S5
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2014, 20:44 posted on
A tweet from T-Mobile's CMO Mike Sievert shows how popular the Samsung Galaxy S5 is. The carrier had put up a registration page where those interested in the phone could leave information, including an email address, and receive news when the flagship model is ready for pre-orders. After two days, the carrier has racked up 100,000 registrations for the handset. For T-Mobile, that is a record number of registrations after such a short time period...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
It would actually be hilarious if Sammy released it's metal phone with outstanding specs. HTC will regret that they mocked the S5, comparing it to a bandage (which it looks like) cause it will wreak havoc on them.
26. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
reports did say they will be a premuim and resistant one.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Listen guys, 10 million preregister for Z2 in Verizon. And 1 Billion preregister for Nokia X on Nokia site.
33. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Low? No problem. Z2 preregistered 1 Billion. And Nokia X preregistered 10 Billion.
43. hector93 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Lol, there's only 7 billion people on Earth
47. techaman (unregistered)
theres only 6.5 billion people in the world and 2 bil dont have phones
54. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
There are over 7 billion people living on Earth today.
62. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Guys not only earth, but aliens are getting too.
44. davenycept (Posts: 199; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
U read the report too? You think there will be a premium?
55. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
hope so. The premium makes sense because there is a huge gap between the GS and the GN series. Also in a business point of view the gs5 and the premium could wipe out other competitors allowing them access to a huge profit this year. Sammy also has a reputation of having high tech hardwares. Their design dept. has a problem but Sammy is not stupid enough to give up that reputation.
2. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Looks like the so called "flop" of a phone wasnt such a flop after all. The S5 is going to have great sales thats for sure. It might not be the best upgrade that Samsung could have done but it is enough to be considered a great phone. So the haterz can shut up.
4. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
thats called marketing by Tmobile and samsung. they doing this to hype it
16. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
see read the comments people signed up to have a chance to win free phone here is the catch and the tmobile/samsung marketing. now who is the butthurt you
19. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
lmao you are so mad, your tears are delicious
64. easymomo (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
@LiyanaBG, in my country, Ivory Cost (Africa) there are about at most 3 or 5 Samsung ads in whole the country but Samsung is the undisputed King. I visited Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone recently, I haven't seen even one Samsung ad, but nobody can compete with Samsung here.
The haters should star thinking that because they don't like something everybody should think the same way.
6. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 158; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I signed up because there is a chance to win free phone. I feel like few people used different e-mail just win the prizes.
12. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I definitely just signed up to win a free one.
39. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
No freaking doubt many did as well.
Skewed stat from this story, damned be the shills.
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 4583; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I will not preregister if I don't want to buy the phone. Every year the same old story. To me galaxy s2 s3 s4 brand sell. So s5 no different.
Samsung actually make me a fan of touch wiz by the amount of gimmick feature they have thrown in. Just need one must have is enough for me to stay with touch wiz. Smart stay; multi windows; s pen. Can't leave home without it.
46. pwnarena (Posts: 1081; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
nobody said it will be a flop. it is surely ugly but everybody expected it to outsell all other android flagships, even all of sony, htc, and lg's sales combined.
3. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Would people stop trash talking the S5? This phone has all the new features it needs to stay competitive, plus it's water proof, plus the camera seems extra great! I'm pretty interested. The public is obviously very interested.
14. serge327 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
SONY Z2 get water resistant as well... and since the Z series... and with better design than S5 & 20.7MP > 16MP & 3GB RAM > 2GB RAM... What do you think?
17. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
"camera seems extra great"
"all the new features"
I believes that's what he think. Actually, he stated it.
24. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
They've packed it full of in-demand camera features, and it's extremely fast. It's a step above the S4 and the 5S. The Z2? Might be better, but it'll more likely than not not be available widely.
29. hurrycanger (Posts: 1536; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
And oops for my comment up there. I meant "I believe that's what he thinks", lol. xD
32. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
You forgot battery 3200>2800. Z2 all the way.
35. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
larger battery capacity doesn't always result in longer battery life
but with that aside, i'd take the z2 too.
36. maccess (Posts: 731; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
For you anything but samsung all the way..
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3808; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
why you mentioned Samsung all the way, why not S5 all the way. Anyway Z2 All the way.
42. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I have nothing against z2, but dont bring the camera into a comparison... Sony is one of the worst OEM's in camera software optimization..
61. jraza (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Experience of 4 generation of galaxies phones...
what do you think...?
48. techaman (unregistered)
for gods sake its not water proof its water resistant big fu*king difference plus all the people that signed up for it dont know anything about the phone specs hahaha its all the instagram people for the camera hahahahahaha
57. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Its Water Proof. IP67-Certified. The 6 means its dust proof. The 7 means it can be fully submerged in water for up to 30 min.
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
So many people here don't like this phone but we are just the minority. But I still don't think it's anything special. Actually I don't see anything special from these first batch of phones.
10. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Agreed. Nothing special about the GS5 compared to its predecessor. But again, I personally think they will release a premium phone. Although they have a really bad taste in design, they are not stupid. There is no way Sammy will lose their reputation as a spec leader.
49. techaman (unregistered)
i check 7 polls on it around the web its mostly 80% dont like and wont get it and thats 8000+ on one poll alone combined its like 25 thousand. dont like or will get while 5 thousand will
13. serge327 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
My Opinion : This is the Marketing Plan by leaked out Pre-order/Sold quantity , so that able to attract consumers to buy because consumer think the device sold very well and popularity... I think Apple did the same way as well. (Sorry for my back english)
45. joey_sfb (Posts: 4583; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
We are the minority that read mobile news. Samsung is hard to beat as they will be widely available.
They have a customer service center one near my house another one near my work place. They are now busy removing the carrier bloat ware from my new note pro 12.2 as I am typing this. Samsung thrown in their home sync, book case and blue tooth keyboard as free gifts.
Boy! I love samsung!
20. Bootutu (Posts: 218; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
That's the general public for you, 90% don't care what you think, its Samsung, a household name, and they want it.
25. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I laugh at the readers on phonearena who tell everyone that the Samsung S5 sucks....anyways, I signed on to the contest, I mean, what they hey, a free 650.00 - if I win, I will give it a spin and then sell it on ebay for 800.00....
28. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
It's always the same thing, people buy the brand, not the product. They are not really interested if the screen is this or that, if it has 2 ou 3Gb of RAM or any other thing. They want the next Galaxy S the same way people want the next Iphone. Unfortunately it's not good to the balance of the industry.
40. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1821; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Wow tmobile is gonna make millions again once this bad boy releases,.and that's because jump plan and no conrtact connectivity..
51. Federated (Posts: 255; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Sony Xperia Z2 > Samsung Galaxy S5
52. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Hahaha it makes me laugh seeing the hype the S5 caused among people, while no one talks about anything else or people just laugh about nokia trying to resurrect itself with a badly modified old 4.1 android heart rate monitor ip67 fingerprint excellent camera 4K video. Those are the things people look at when buying a phone... They're all fast and have sharp displays, what's special? There you go, heart rate monitor,
53. noteseries (Posts: 80; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
am gonna get one for my secondary phone plus gear fit for sure