T-Mobile announces the Samsung Galaxy S III, coming June 21
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2012, 08:26 posted on
T-Mobile will be launching the handset June 21 on all channels, and, yes, it looks exactly like the international version on the carrier's sign-up page, so we can chalk that weird hue that was supposed to replace the Pebble Blue cover to bad video lighting. Yet T-Mobile calls the two color versions that will be on its network Ceramic White and Metallic Blue, so the jury is still out until we actually see one...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Tmobile is on the ball with the SGS3. announcing it before the others do and releasing it before them
5. -box- (Posts: 3534; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sprint is releasing it the same day, and Verizon may have it then too. No word from AT&T, yet.
Also, there is a word missing from the bottom paragraph. It states "just $50 for the 32GB version". Should read "just $50 MORE for the 32GB version". That is, unless that actually is the price, which would be awesome.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5775; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T will probably launch their model on a Sunday like they always do.
2. matty1323 (Posts: 18; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
No Quad core on the GSM Model?! I mean I get it on the Verizon LTE Model in that their Exynos Processor doesn't play nice with the LTE radio, but there is no excuse for this on the Tmo/Att variants unless I'm missing something? Takes a little wind out of anyone's sails for buying one of these i'd imagine?
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
It is because the Exynos 4412 does not support the 42mbps HSPA+ that tmobile uses. and on att, in case you havent noticed att now uses LTE as their 4g as does sprint, US cellular, Verizon, Metro PCS.
4. e.wvu (unregistered)
Dude, you be fine w/o the quad-core. The S4 is still a good spec to have on the SIII, or any other phone.
7. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Honestly, that S4 looks to be a better all around chip than the 4412 right now. Qualcomm really ironed out the bugs on the Krait and built a hell of a contender.
6. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its "HSPA+" not hsdpa. Also, i think you mean $250, not $50. :)
8. Nickmfnjackson (Posts: 99; Member since: 21 Jan 2010)
I would gladly pay 50 for the 32GB model, lol
10. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
HSPA encompasses hsDpa and hsUpa. D for download, U for upload. When they say HSPA+ 42MB/s they are applying that speed to the hsDpa.
9. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Happy birthday to ME. My bday is June 23, so I can hold out for a couple days XDD
13. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
happy birthday! :)
mine was yesterday, so I'm trying to see if i can wiggle one as a birthday present to self. :)
15. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Haha thank remixfa
Happy birthday to you too bro, and I hope you do get this BEAST. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for an upgrade lol but I'll look into getting a Note 10.1 when it's released to ease my pain.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5775; Member since: 14 May 2012)
And to say I was ditching this Sensation 4G for a SGSII tomorrow.
I'll wait for the white one and pay it off contract. :)