T-Mobile and Samsung offer you $200 to switch from a BlackBerry to a Samsung phone
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2014, 17:22 posted on
One thing about T-Mobile CEO John Legere, once you get on his bad side, he never forgets about it. His back-and-forth verbal shots with AT&T have become legendary, and now it seems that BlackBerry is climbing rapidly up the "Legere loath list". Two weeks from today, T-Mobile's license to sell BlackBerry phones will expire, and won't be renewed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Finalflash (Posts: 1736; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Damn, that is a good deal for consumers and a tough day for BB.
6. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
When isn't it a tough day for BB lol?
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5749; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
This is what happens when someone with a weak hand ttys to mix it up with the person holding the strong hand. The moment that Chen started the pissing match with Legere, it was not going to end well for BB.
Time for Chen to focus on what works for BB and stop whining about how carriers are being bad. If BB had a compelling value proposition, carriers would be all over BB's toys, because their customers would be wanting the toys.
2. toyboyz (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 Jan 2010)
I GOT SOMTHING TO SAY ON THIS ONE! BULLS%$#!!! WHERE'S MY DAM $200 DOLLAR VISA CARD YOU ASS HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. PersianHobo (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
it takes up to 90 days to receive, settle down crack head
11. torr310 (Posts: 373; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
So it cannot be used immediately toward the phone purchase?
12. PersianHobo (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
no, unfortunately not this time around but nonetheless a killer deal.
16. cncrim (Posts: 501; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
No, they're smart enough doing that to close the grey customer make mass profit on their phone.
21. PersianHobo (Posts: 55; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
there was a lot of fraud happening last time around, so it makes sens. a small group of people always kill it for everyone these days
4. Zsep123 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)
"His back-and-forth verbal shots with AT&T have become legendary"
Really? This guy is a jerk, plain and simple. I don't see how Legere's antics can be considered "proffessional" in any sense of the word.This guy gets in p*ssing contests like a high school brat. I'm tired of the media praising this guy for being a jerk.
7. camera531 (Posts: 159; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
He knows exactly what he's doing. It's all marketing and it's working... He's trying to play on the frustrations of consumers who feel cell phone bills are too high and contracts are too restrictive. His loud "antics" are unlike anything the other CEO's would dare to try, making him look like an underdog yelling at the bullies. It's definitely unconventional and thinking outside the box, but it's proving effective and he's continuing to do what's good for business.
8. greathero1 (Posts: 472; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Excellent deal for old BB customers. I just played with the phone at the T Mobile store and my view of it has completely changed. It feels good in the hand, has a great screen, and the back doesn't look so much like a bandaid in person. It's a very nice device and it will definitely be a hit
10. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Maybe John Legere should be working on getting to number #2 spot at least in carrier rankings instead of these little spats. What a petty fool.
14. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
His spats and rants have been winning him subscribers. T-Mobile is working on improving their network.
17. cncrim (Posts: 501; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Tmobile working improving their network, but in the mean time why don't you joint Tmobile as customer and convince everyone you know join Tmobile subscribers so they can slowly grow to be #2. my 2 cent
23. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Yes, they are trying to work on improving and be better and keep telling you that.... codependence much? LOLZ.
15. cncrim (Posts: 501; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Ouch BB!! weak hand try to bluff against stronger hand, sorry it didn't work.
18. Alphageek (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Jun 2011)
Lots of people here commenting that this is bad for BlackBerry and that T-Mobile is at a stronger position than they are. That could be true....then again, considering that BlackBerry's footprint at T-Mobile Isn't that large to begin with, I don't see how this can be too bad for BlackBerry.
Also, perhaps T-Mobiles CEO should be more concerned about :
One: his lack of professionalism. People may think that he is a great tough guy, but in actuality he is a jerk. He lacks integrity.
Two: he really needs to focus on pulling his company out from the #4 spot in the US. For all his bravado, his company still lags behind Sprint, which is a horrible company, IMHO.
Third: He needs to work on his company having better coverage. Everyone knows that is T-Mobiles weakest front. You can be the tough guy all you want, and do a lot of so-called revolutionary things, but if your phone barely has any coverage, especially indoors or outside of the big cities, then it's all for naught.
19. Bernoulli (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Who in their right mind would want to trade for a plasticsung phone? This is a scam
30. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
millions would cause of great specs by SAMSUNG, and yes those plastic really makes me dislike samsung
22. tenzin (Posts: 85; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
I am bb Z30 user also note 3 user and say that bb with 2 cores runs as fast as note 3 with 4cores also new bb seems to better for operating so think maybe Samsung is scared when more people try bb
24. Bernoulli (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The update 10.2 for my z10 is so amazing! Love replying to a text without having to get out of what i'm doing
26. Alphageek (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Jun 2011)
I'm a BlackBerry user. Have a Z10. The only phone I would EVER trade my BlackBerry Z10 for is another BlackBerry 10 device. The OS is THAT GOOD. More people need to try BB10 before they decide to just write it off. Even Cnet just recently agreed that BB10 is awesome!
31. ROLZARN (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)
nice.. this is a better challenge for BlackBerry.. because if BlackBerry will create a new device that can sell more in US. or if they can get the 3rd place in the market OS.. then T-Mobile will re-issue a letter to BlackBerry, telling BlackBerry to renew their contract with TMobile
32. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Great deal for a quality. To bad last time I had a BlackBerry was 2005.
33. Alphageek (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Jun 2011)
I doubt you've ever owned a BlackBerry, with the way you always speak so negatively of them.