T-Mobile and MetroPCS receive all needed regulatory approval for their planned merger
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Mar 2013, 06:51
T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS are one step closer to a successful merger. About a week ago we informed you that the companies have gotten the FCC's blessing, which left only two things to be done before becoming a bigger and more influential company...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:04 2 1
Future board of directors have already been selected by all involved parties. This deal is done and believe in this Tmobile/Metro has shaken up the telecommunications industry.
2. gmracer1 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 08:19 2 11
Ah yes...two bags of sh*t combined to make one huge bag of sh*t.
4. cdgoin posted on 21 Mar 2013, 09:47 5 0
No that would have been what happened if the ATT & Tmo merger had occured.
6. Jyakotu posted on 21 Mar 2013, 11:34 2 0
I'm guessing T-Mobile is merging with MetroPCS for their limited 4G LTE coverage and to build on from that.
11. archangel9 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 02:18 0 0
Exactly. Now Metro will have a larger footprint via TMo's network and Magenta will have the LTE spectrum pipeline: LTE/HSPA+42/3G..BTW Jyakotu I just got my 4.1.2 update on my GNote 2 and it activated the LTE radio.It's on in Miami !!
7. MartianMe posted on 21 Mar 2013, 15:11 2 0
How come there's a lot of people been so negative about this deal? can't you guys see what they're trying to do ...is to improve their service...that is always good... right?
8. jfuente11 posted on 21 Mar 2013, 16:07 0 0
Yes, it will be good for the customers since the competion will be tight but not for the other carriers. With the new T-Mobile/Metro PCS, I am sure they wil come up with a better deal for the customers and competitors has to think some offers that can match what T-Mobile will offer.
9. scsa852k posted on 21 Mar 2013, 17:37 2 1
The merger could scare AT&T and Sprint.
Verizon won't flinch.
10. jcarrigan posted on 21 Mar 2013, 18:43 1 1
Hindsight is only 20/20, NOW i wish the att and tmobile thing qwould have gone through so verizon would hacve to pay attnetion and maintian better relations with OEMS and its customers.
12. archangel9 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 02:19 1 0
They will .In 2015-16 CDMA will no longer exist in N.America
13. jcarrigan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:59 0 0
yikes, i apologize for my spelling errors haha :) Hmm gsm service doesnt work in my area so in 2015-2016 The 110,000 people that live in my area are screwed on cell phones. :,(