T-Mobile and AT&T file for spectrum swap
In 35 markets, equal amounts of spectrum will be swapped while AT&T will be adding to its holdings in 12 markets. T-Mobile will gain 5 to 10MHz of spectrum in 8 markets and another 10MHz in Spokane, Washington. Recently, the FCC announced that it will auction off another 300MHz in spectrum by 2015. T-Mobile will be in the bidding to pick up some of the AWS spectrum that is up for grabs.
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
FIRST! Lol jk.
The intro gave me a little chuckle.
Sidenote: Alan, you forgot a period on the last sentence in the first paragraph.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He did at the time of my post you clown.
Also on a side note, 6 people don't understand sarcasm. Oh well.
3. tigermcm (Posts: 563; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
wait a sec some help me out here. tmo and att are switching spectrum and tmo is trying to get metro........how would that work?
4. rsiders (Posts: 190; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Hey whatever works. I'm noticing 4g connectivity in certain parts of Baltimore already for my unlocked HTC Titan. Good news for T-Mobile customers.
5. mhiharis (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Is it possible to use AT&T unlocked phone on Tmobile network then?
7. johnny9000 (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
Yes, although you won't get 4G service in many areas with Tmobile that you would with AT&T, but it's growing.