T-Mobile adds free, unlimited global data in 100+ countries and removes high priced roaming charges
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2013, 19:22 posted on
As expected, T-Mobile on Wednesday night has announced that the carrier will offer free unlimited global data in more than 100 countries to its customers; that makes T-Mobile's home data coverage area larger than the home coverage area of Verizon and AT&T combined. During a concert by international superstar Shakira in New York's Bryant Park, T-Mobile introduced the singer as a collaborator...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TattooedMailman (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
This goes live the day I will be stepping off a cruise ship in the Bahamas. Will give me a nice chance to test this out
2. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
hope it dosent get delayed *cough cough* bbm for android
5. TattooedMailman (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
october 20th for new customers 31st for existing. Unfortunate the list doesnt include the bahamas. Bummer
3. Omarc07 (Posts: 396; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i guess ill have to get a tmobile lg g2 n try this out on mexico city when i go next month because att is expensive when roaming in mexico..
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Pull the trigger and get the Note 3! Best decision I've ever made.
15. Omarc07 (Posts: 396; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
noo too dam big had note 2 returned i was embarrased to answer it out in public people looked at me weird besides i had samsung phones all my life i wanna switch it up it a lil bit.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I respect your opinion. Note 3 fits all my needs. Whatever fits yours, go with it.
+1 to you sir.
31. miles16852 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
lol, too embarrased to answer it in public, well you should try the samsung mega! i love it! i DONT care what people think, judging from your photo, you look rather young, which explains why you let others make you feel embarrased to have a large phone, most new phones are 5' and above, get used to it, and stop letting 'the puble' make you feel embarrased, LOL !
32. miles16852 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
correction,, most new phones are 5" not 5' lol !!
33. gaby1451 (Posts: 114; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Nokia lumia 1020! Xperia Z1! Oh oh! iPhone 5s :D
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
The real news repeated again here:
"Since starting the Uncarrier initiatives in March, it has added more net new postpaid customers than the number that joined AT&T, Verizon and Sprint added together."
And thus TMobile grows! (I hope it continues, after-all, the GNote3 from TMobile is unlocked... even if I wont be purchasing it)
6. gentleman559 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
The Note 3 is NOT unlocked. But is unlockable. I have one and it was locked until I unlocked it
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm curious as to how Verizon, AT&T and Sprint respond to this. Can't wait until the new ads show off the Uncarrier Network making the best changes to the wireless industry!
14. Blazers (Posts: 424; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I am 95% certain AT&T won't follow this.
As for Verizon, I don't know why they didn't make some free (or at least discounted) roaming agreements with Vodafone back when they were partners.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They're all about making $$$$ that's why.
22. tuminatr (Posts: 772; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
11. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Good for T-Mobile. I'm with my family on Verizon but this is great for consumers. Hope they do very well so someone like Verizon (haha) follows along.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Doubt it. The only time the words Verizon and free are in the same sentence is when some says Verizon never gives away anything for free. They're all about robbing people of their money, which is why they were guilty of fining their customers over $60 million in 2010 I believe and had to pay it back to their customers.
12. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Alright, you can thank me now.
I said months ago it could be international something. It was international something. I win a prize.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I crack myself up sometimes.
Glad you were a good sport about it. Here, have this since I feel bad.
13. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You guy know it is just edge data. So it is pretty much useless if anything beside checking your email. They maybe faster but all of northern and central Michigan t-mobile have no service. So it don't matter if you have no service.
34. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Look it up on their website it said 2g. If you want 4g it is up to 50 dollar for 500 mb. That is phonearena is a bad site they don't show you all the fact.
40. JDogg5281 (Posts: 64; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
That is still more free data than verizon, att and sprint even if it is only 2g
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Europe is blanketed with 3G thanks to their older brother.
26. Omarc07 (Posts: 396; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well i wanna test it out in mexico since tmobile roams on TELCEL 3G i know because i tried tmobile in mexico before gets 3G via telcel and telcel is like the verizon of mexico has 3G literally everywhere even in the small towns outside the city it has 3G.
25. FakeMatt (Posts: 36; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
This is probably one of the single greatest, much needed, change to come to the wireless industry yet.
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I like that T-Mobile has switched sides... Consumers > Mob Carriers.
T-Mobile is crushing his former partners in crime,,, Telling all the secrets that Carriers are doing.
Like a mob turn coat that's now helping the people,,, And we'll keep them in our witness protection program. Thanx T-Mobile. ;)
28. virtuallypete (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Jul 2013)
Calls are $.20/min
Calls over Wi-Fi are $.20/min
Texts over Wi-Fi are $.20 each
If I had a nickel, right T-Mobile?
39. virtuallypete (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Jul 2013)
Again uninformed. Data speeds are 2G when traveling internationally with the simple choice plan.