T-Mobile adds 1900Mhz HSPA+ to 10 markets
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2012, 16:57 posted on
T-Mobile is continuing to build up its network and add the 1900Mhz band to its HSPA+ coverage. The newest expansion adds the service to 10 markets, but the strange thing is in how T-Mobile announced the upgrade...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
That's great news, can't wait for them to upgrade my area.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2657; Member since: 26 May 2011)
according to the unofficial reports map it's on in parts of Boston, NYC, Baltimore, and DC.
5. k1ng617 (Posts: 242; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I had an international Galaxy Note on TMOB prepaid and had been waiting in MA for this for a year or so. Sometimes I would get HSPA but only in places I might be driving through. I finally switched to a Note 2 with all the proper bands and I couldn't be happier. I don't think I ever touch edge data no matter where I go and the speeds are fantastic.
My two cents
3. rsiders (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Well I can confirm that I'm seeing more 4G connection in a lot more areas around Baltimore on my unlocked HTC Titan. All the more reason not to fret about not being able to upgrade to Windows Phone 8 just yet.
6. torr310 (Posts: 351; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
The 1900Mhz band is compatible with AT&T's phones?
7. Hammerfest (Posts: 365; Member since: 12 May 2012)
"as noted by this map"....
and the link for "this map" links to an older article... and no map what-so-ever...
10. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2657; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The source of the old article is the map. Good job with the reading!
11. -box- (Posts: 3735; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yeah the link in the article doesn't seem to lead to anything other than a landing page with an ad and a search bar
8. xDrizzyXx (Posts: 62; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
Yes AZ getting Love :D haha I live in Mesa AZ! I want tmobile to get started on its lte buildout :D
9. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Here in Miami we get it full blast esp on my GSIII . The speeds are incredible!!