T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS are now officially one
0. phoneArena 01 May 2013, 07:03 posted on
Announced last year, the T-Mobile-MetroPCS merger has just been officially closed. The two companies are now one and will be traded on the New York Stock Exchange as TMUS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9374; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Benefits won't start to come into effect until 2015 when Metro's spectrum will be used for T-Mobile's LTE expansion. :(
2. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Definitely a great day for all tmo/metro customers. Tmobile is definitely doing MAJOR THINGS in 2013.
5. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Slowly working their way up to #1 carrier.
6. Tsoliades (Posts: 216; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Oh, yes. Definitely getting the LTE version of the Nexus 4 on T-Mo in December with that prepaid SIM plan.
Metro has really nice LTE coverage in Florida, or so I've heard.
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
congrates to the couple..
8. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 379; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
MetroPCS's coverage is mainly in California, Florida, Michigan, and those main east cosat cities. Those are considered as the 4G home area. Hopefully the will help out other cities too =/
9. jacobxtyler (Posts: 28; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
being from michigan, i cant wait for t-mobile to gain coverage. I get good reception in my current city but visiting back home and my girlfriend is terrible. Step in the right direction for t-mobile.
11. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Hope it expands. Would happily move over to T-MoUS if it would offer in my area.
12. Deicide (Posts: 71; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
With the whole Uncarrier plan that TMOUS has been doing, it shows well that this deal went insanely smoothly when compared to the AT&T and TMO past merger. Which I now am glad it didn't happen. Love how TMOUS does their plans now.