T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z hands-on
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 14:56 posted on
Frankly, this a gorgeous looking smartphone crafted from quality materials to show that water resistant phones can be stylish. Sporting some hard lines, it’s a little funky trying to hold the handset with our hands, mainly because of the sharp 90-degree angles of its bezel. Regardless of that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The corners are too sharp and make it uncomfortable to hold, the screen has terrible viewing angles and little contrast, and Samsung did a much better job with the software for the Exmor RS sensor than Sony did. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone other than someone who is very clumsy and/or goes outdoors a lot, but even then I would suggest something else first.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Galaxy S4 Active comes to mind but is only for AT&T. And as for the viewing angles, they've gotten better after the update but the blacks appear dark greyish still... Super AMOLED is the way to go.
2. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 211; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Is there any difference from the original model?
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6580; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Enjoy the Xperia z ppl on tmobile! Wish att had first so I left since they never pick it up.
5. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Its an old flagship phone ... Xperia ultra , now that's newsworthy
8. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 207; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Okay, BUT will this TMOBILE version run on TMOBILE's 3G/4G/4G LTE network? I know the international version of this phone would only get 2G in the US ( maybe 3G on At&t )...
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2348; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yes, isn't the answer to that obvious? Why would T-Mobile release a flagship phone for their own network that isn't optimized to all of their cellular networks?
9. sriuslywtf (Posts: 262; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
What's the difference with off contract Xperia Z?
if there's nothing new but the carrier itself, why review?
otherwise... You don't say? (Nick Cage face)