T-Mobile Sidekick 4G is officially announced combining classic style with Android
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Mar 2011, 23:01
the longtime carrier of the Sidekick line just officially announced the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G – an Android powered device that takes control of the classic Sidekick style. You knew this one was coming either way...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AJ (unregistered) posted on 14 Mar 2011, 23:09 1
That is pretty sexy. I would really consider getting a Sidekick if I was T-mobile cuz that is probably one of the best keyboards in the market right now besides HTC Arrive aka HTC 7 Pro.
2. belovedson posted on 14 Mar 2011, 23:26 0
man i loved the keys on my sidekick. texting and writing emails while talking to peeps was a breeze. wow i miss that phone
4. Rawrzellers posted on 14 Mar 2011, 23:34 0
Can't wait for this. Finally a phone that I'm interested in. Gave up my Sidekick LX 2009 because I wanted an android phone. Biggest mistake ever I miss that phone... kinda wish they would give this a swivel screen but we can't have everything I suppose.
11. Schmao posted on 15 Mar 2011, 11:36 0
I think that swivel was patented. While it has a very nice cool factor, it was also pretty fragile.
5. jojo3681 posted on 15 Mar 2011, 00:14 0
ohh, my this phone is amazing, but someone help me which should i pick, android sidekick, g2, nexus s, or suppositly the htc pyramid/doubleshot? help please!!!!!!! thanks
6. scruffle2 (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 00:37 0
get the galaxy s2
9. remixfa posted on 15 Mar 2011, 09:39 0
galaxyS2 aor pyramid. Though the sidekick4g could substitute for the pyamid if you need full keyboard.
7. koreampuff (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 05:13 0
LOL. so i was debating between getting the g2 or waiting for the galaxy s2. the pros for the g2 was the physical keyboard and a watered down price, and the pros for the s2 was the high specs and front facing camera.
the g2 doesn't have a front facing camera, and the s2 doesnt have a physical keyboard and will probably have a hefty price tag.
i heard about the android sidekick in the rumor mill but dismissed the idea because i thought it would be a crappy phone.
i'm starting to reconsider. this just might do it. it's not THAT heavyweight specwise, but
it has a A8 hummingbird, 4g, front camera, and a physical keyboard. plus, the new maker is samsung so.. hopefully the camera will be better than what the old sidekicks used to have?
if it has a microSD memory slot, camera has high mp, and is a touch screen, i'm getting it! fsho. but it's an android so it has to be a touchscreen... right?
12. Schmao posted on 15 Mar 2011, 11:37 0
Yes, it does have a touch screen. Android requires one.
8. markk (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 06:01 0
This is very nice alternative. Low price and many functions. OR not?
13. Boti95 posted on 15 Mar 2011, 15:44 0
Well goodbye swivel screen. Although, the device looks nice. Kudos for Samsung.
14. som posted on 15 Mar 2011, 17:04 0
Samsung all plastic phones looked too cheap like a toy.
15. GhostOs posted on 15 Mar 2011, 17:24 0
I was just about to leave T-Mobile but this may make me stay...My only question is will it also be a wifi hotspot? If so I will no doubt purchase it if not. I will be saying goodbye for Big Red
16. Alex949 (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2011, 20:36 0
Will be getting the LG Optimus 2X instead.