T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III starts receiving Android 4.1.2 update with multi-window feature
0. phoneArena 13 May 2013, 09:30 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III has started getting the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update that among many improvements brings the multi-windows feature…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
l already have about 20min ago and l love it !!!!!!!!!!! !^-^
25. molanjames (Posts: 60; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
2. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
l got my updated about 30mins look great hehehe
4. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
damn l got mine updated about 45 minutes ago!! the best day to start my week (((:
5. mdroid (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
congratulations folks. but don't you think it's hell late for Galaxy SIII to get 4.1.2 update!!
S IV is already around with latest update.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1802; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The S3 already had 4.1.2. This just adds more things to it.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actually, the T-Mobile S3 has been running stock 4.1.1 since they've pushed the update awhile ago.
6. nlbates66 (Posts: 170; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
and I thought Australian service providers were slow distributing updates... the Australian Optus firmware with the multi-window feature has been released for at least 3 months. :P
7. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
About time......a friend of mine was getting flustered about the update......gotta call him now and hear him out......
One thing that stands about Samsung is its guarantee of updates.....
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm running AOKP, Ressurection Remix with Siyah Kernels 4.2.2
Cpu now overclocked to 1.9Ghz
3 GPU Clocked at 700 Ghz & 1 GPU at 400Ghz
Games feel way much smoother, Apps, internet web-pages load 3 to 4 seconds faster
14. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
If I am not wrong u said 700 GHz and 400 GHz there?..........how in God's name could you do that?.....
13. scsa852k (Posts: 251; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
The new 4G Logo means this is an update to enable LTE?
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1802; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No. They just changed the logo. T-Mobile's 4G LTE logo is different. There is no LTE hardware in the S3 for T-Mobile.
15. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
My phone downloaded it automatically while I was asleep and on 4G. Wasted 200MB out of my 500MB high speed data. Great.
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3510; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I haven't gotten it yet, but I probably wouldn't use the new features it brought anyways. I don't see use in multi window on a screen smaller than that of the Note series. I wouldn't use Paper Artist much, as for Group Play, unless it would work on devices a cross carriers I wouldn't use it, I only know 2 other people with a GS3, one on AT&T and the other Verizon.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Really? About 60% of the people I know have a S3 and 30% have an iPhone 5 or 4S.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3510; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not where I am. I'm surrounded by iPhones wherever I go. Northern Florida is an odd place...
24. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I also noticed that now when you plug in headphones, a new page is brought up on the home screen with all your media stuff.