T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III starts receiving Android 4.1.2 update with multi-window feature
T-Mobile is yet to update its support page for this particular update and device, but the first people receiving it have said they are noticing two new apps: Paper Artist and Group Play. The handset also shows the new T-Mobile “4G” logo.
You should definitely update over Wi-Fi, though, as the update comes at the pretty hefty 187MB. The first notifications have already started flying in, so make sure to double-check your device to see if the update is already there.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 starts receiving Android 4.1.2 update with multi-window feature Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 starts receiving Android 4.1.2 update with multi-window feature
1. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
l already have about 20min ago and l love it !!!!!!!!!!! !^-^
25. molanjames (Posts: 51; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
2. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
l got my updated about 30mins look great hehehe
4. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
damn l got mine updated about 45 minutes ago!! the best day to start my week (((:
5. mdroid (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
congratulations folks. but don't you think it's hell late for Galaxy SIII to get 4.1.2 update!!
S IV is already around with latest update.
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1390; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The S3 already had 4.1.2. This just adds more things to it.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actually, the T-Mobile S3 has been running stock 4.1.1 since they've pushed the update awhile ago.
6. nlbates66 (Posts: 133; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
and I thought Australian service providers were slow distributing updates... the Australian Optus firmware with the multi-window feature has been released for at least 3 months. :P
7. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
About time......a friend of mine was getting flustered about the update......gotta call him now and hear him out......
One thing that stands about Samsung is its guarantee of updates.....
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm running AOKP, Ressurection Remix with Siyah Kernels 4.2.2
Cpu now overclocked to 1.9Ghz
3 GPU Clocked at 700 Ghz & 1 GPU at 400Ghz
Games feel way much smoother, Apps, internet web-pages load 3 to 4 seconds faster
14. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
If I am not wrong u said 700 GHz and 400 GHz there?..........how in God's name could you do that?.....
13. scsa852k (Posts: 239; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
The new 4G Logo means this is an update to enable LTE?
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1390; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No. They just changed the logo. T-Mobile's 4G LTE logo is different. There is no LTE hardware in the S3 for T-Mobile.
15. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
My phone downloaded it automatically while I was asleep and on 4G. Wasted 200MB out of my 500MB high speed data. Great.
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3278; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I haven't gotten it yet, but I probably wouldn't use the new features it brought anyways. I don't see use in multi window on a screen smaller than that of the Note series. I wouldn't use Paper Artist much, as for Group Play, unless it would work on devices a cross carriers I wouldn't use it, I only know 2 other people with a GS3, one on AT&T and the other Verizon.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4219; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Really? About 60% of the people I know have a S3 and 30% have an iPhone 5 or 4S.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3278; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not where I am. I'm surrounded by iPhones wherever I go. Northern Florida is an odd place...
24. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I also noticed that now when you plug in headphones, a new page is brought up on the home screen with all your media stuff.