T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II will be getting ICS starting on June 11th
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Jun 2012, 14:39
T-Mobile made the news official today through its Facebook page, where they mention that its Galaxy S II will be getting its long awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich software update starting on June 11th. As T-Mobile explicitly mentions, the update will be made available...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gallitoking posted on 01 Jun 2012, 14:49 1 4
according to a fandroid which i wont mention... the T-Mo version of the SGSII is the worst as it does not have exynos...
2. taz89 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 14:53 5 0
not just fandroids cause everyone else thats used the 2 knows that the exynos cpu is better than the s3 therefore logically the exynos variant is the better one but honestly other than the geeks dont think anyone cares.
4. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:14 1 0
I agree w/ you completely on the last part.
7. abhishek48 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:35 1 0
actuals s3 Soc lags with live wallpaper and exonys does not lags at any thing
11. taz89 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 16:15 1 0
well thats true i think the exynos was the only cpu last year that didnt lag with live wallpapers or browsing...as for live wallpapers wonder how many actually use it,will admit that i use it only because it didnt lag on my s2 but if it did then i wouldnt use it
12. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 17:11 0 0
the OMAP4 doesn't lag with live wallpapers either. it's probably because the OMAP4 and the Exynos were the only SoCs that came out last year with NEON support.
22. rocksation posted on 06 Jun 2012, 10:09 0 0
I wish I never knew Exynos because it irritates my brain. I already have my T989 and I made my decision not to buy S II I9100 just to get the Exynos.
13. Birds posted on 01 Jun 2012, 17:13 0 0
It is complicated. The S3 and android base gingerbread don't mix too well well but near perfect optimization is possible. T-mo just jacked this one up. My imported Sony Xperia S seldom lags even with a live wallpaper and it hasn't even been updated to 4.0 yet. My cousins SGSIIIT-mo edition lags on day to day usage without a live wallpaper (which simply could be that he has defective unit) which shows that hardware and software and not perfectly optimized to provide an optimally smooth experience. I'm tired of everyone thinking that S3 is a sucky chipset but it is not that bad. It just needs optimization....
14. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 17:41 1 0
it's definitely a sucky chipset in comparison to SoCs like the OMAP4 and the Exynos.
15. Birds posted on 01 Jun 2012, 17:45 0 0
Your'e right but I just love the name. Anything named the snapdragon should be awesome and not disappointing. They should make another one called the tiger lily. I would really love that.
16. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 17:56 0 0
i remember when i first heard of it in phones like the HD2, the EVO 4G and the Droid Incredible and i was "aww haw haw yeah sucka, we packin' Snapdragons now!" ;D
18. PapaSmurf posted on 02 Jun 2012, 08:27 0 0
Did you just say your cousin had the SGS3 from T-Mobile?
20. Birds posted on 02 Jun 2012, 10:43 0 0
I meant SII, can't help I make mistakes. lol I was typing toooooo fast like always...
21. PapaSmurf posted on 02 Jun 2012, 13:41 0 0
I was about to say haha.
3. skymitch89 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:03 1 0
That probably means that the US GS3 isn't too far off.
5. Zayuh24 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:24 0 0
Haha. That's EXACTLY what it means. I hear it's coming towards the end of this month.
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:43 1 0
Come on, Sprint. S**t. I'm tired of waiting, lol.
19. PapaSmurf posted on 02 Jun 2012, 08:30 0 0
ICS runs flawlessly on Sensation 4G with the slightest lag due to 15+ apps running in the background. Now with that, Chrome lags and freezes my phone the day I got the update. I've stuck with the stock HTC browser and prefer it over Chrome at the moment.
17. Berzerk000 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 23:17 1 0
The GS3 is coming. This is a sign. *DUN DUN DUNNN*