T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G getting ICS, update kills free tethering
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Amaze is just an over clocked sensation that looks better
4. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm sorry, but I don't think Amaze look better.
5. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As a Sensation 4G owner, I'd rather have the Amaze. Larger screen, dedicated camera button, better benchmarks.
That being said, while I myself haven't yet used the free tethering, I do want ICS... hmmm
12. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
My bad, I was thinking of the GS2, which has the 4.5" screen. Amaze and Sensation are both 4.3". Thanks for catching it!
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Amaze's battery life is too bad and i think the Sensation looks kind of better too.
13. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So I did the update, and now the phone acts even more drunkenly than before... Prettier UI for certain, but whenever trying to use the Play Store it reboots, so I can't update my apps.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it probably just needs time to settle. going from 2.3 to 4.0 is a HUGE upgrade and the kernel has completely changed. just give it time. same thing happened with my Razr. mine even got pretty hot after the upgrade.
20. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Yesterday I tried update my i9100g to ICS Z. Yes my father gave it to me .
And kies is a complete mess fails to connect the phone on 3 different computer .
Just wish that the s2 have OTA update to ICS like sensation .
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i've had to use KIES a few times. really not a good software.
23. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
After that I gave it back to him .
He only know how to play some simple games and use some basic function anyway so he doesn't bother ICS or not
2. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Just updated mine, I'd rather have ICS than something I rarely use.
4.0 on it is smooth as butter btw, the stock browser's being really laggy and weird but everything else works really well.
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Try ics+ on the play store, its the stock browser plus nifty features, or now you can use chrome. it is not as fast scrolling but it is fast loading and always up to date
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Chrome is better than the Sense 4 Browser for sure.
16. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Firefox Beta 14 renders faster than Chrome.
17. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I downloaded the Chrome Beta right after updating it haha. I like itbut I watch a lot of flash. ICS+ is pretty nifty indeed, thanks for the suggestion. I've never liked the Sense browser, just wanted to see if maybe it'd gotten better after the update.....mehhhhh.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well luckily the Browser is stock on ICS for the Razr so i just switch back and forth between using Chrome and the stock Browser.
3. savien808 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I updated mine! It's wonderful! Browser and everything just runs so fast and smooth! its like I got a brand new phone! absolutely positively perfect!
8. Russiathebest (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 May 2012)
NO WifI after the update .... anyone else has the same problem ??
14. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not here, just restarts when trying to use the Play Store and a few other glitches...
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
After spending a full day with it, it feels like a brand new phone. Lag is non exist ant as ICS a.d 3.6 fly through everything. Maybe I'm luck haha.
24. mrchuy0123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2012)
If you guys want your free teathering back, download thishttps://play.google.com/store/
apps/details?id=com.foxfi&feat ure=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwx LDMsImNvbS5mb3hmaSJd
its called FoxFi and it fixed my phones teathering!!! Yay now i got ICS 4.0 and FREE TEATHER BACK!!