T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G getting ICS, update kills free tethering
1. thelegend6657 posted on 16 May 2012, 10:02 1
Amaze is just an over clocked sensation that looks better
5. -box- posted on 16 May 2012, 10:37 0
As a Sensation 4G owner, I'd rather have the Amaze. Larger screen, dedicated camera button, better benchmarks.
That being said, while I myself haven't yet used the free tethering, I do want ICS... hmmm
12. -box- posted on 16 May 2012, 16:37 0
My bad, I was thinking of the GS2, which has the 4.5" screen. Amaze and Sensation are both 4.3". Thanks for catching it!
10. KingKurogiii posted on 16 May 2012, 15:54 0
the Amaze's battery life is too bad and i think the Sensation looks kind of better too.
13. -box- posted on 16 May 2012, 16:38 0
So I did the update, and now the phone acts even more drunkenly than before... Prettier UI for certain, but whenever trying to use the Play Store it reboots, so I can't update my apps.
15. KingKurogiii posted on 16 May 2012, 16:54 0
it probably just needs time to settle. going from 2.3 to 4.0 is a HUGE upgrade and the kernel has completely changed. just give it time. same thing happened with my Razr. mine even got pretty hot after the upgrade.
20. thelegend6657 posted on 17 May 2012, 01:01 0
Yesterday I tried update my i9100g to ICS Z. Yes my father gave it to me .
And kies is a complete mess fails to connect the phone on 3 different computer .
Just wish that the s2 have OTA update to ICS like sensation .
21. KingKurogiii posted on 17 May 2012, 01:40 0
yeah, i've had to use KIES a few times. really not a good software.
23. thelegend6657 posted on 17 May 2012, 07:10 0
After that I gave it back to him .
He only know how to play some simple games and use some basic function anyway so he doesn't bother ICS or not
2. StalkinUrMom posted on 16 May 2012, 10:10 1
Just updated mine, I'd rather have ICS than something I rarely use.
4.0 on it is smooth as butter btw, the stock browser's being really laggy and weird but everything else works really well.
9. sprockkets posted on 16 May 2012, 15:21 0
Try ics+ on the play store, its the stock browser plus nifty features, or now you can use chrome. it is not as fast scrolling but it is fast loading and always up to date
11. KingKurogiii posted on 16 May 2012, 15:55 0
Chrome is better than the Sense 4 Browser for sure.
16. Hunt3rj2 posted on 16 May 2012, 21:12 0
Firefox Beta 14 renders faster than Chrome.
18. KingKurogiii posted on 16 May 2012, 22:39 0
yeah but it's not Chrome. :P
17. StalkinUrMom posted on 16 May 2012, 21:23 1
I downloaded the Chrome Beta right after updating it haha. I like itbut I watch a lot of flash. ICS+ is pretty nifty indeed, thanks for the suggestion. I've never liked the Sense browser, just wanted to see if maybe it'd gotten better after the update.....mehhhhh.
19. KingKurogiii posted on 16 May 2012, 22:40 0
well luckily the Browser is stock on ICS for the Razr so i just switch back and forth between using Chrome and the stock Browser.
3. savien808 posted on 16 May 2012, 10:19 1
I updated mine! It's wonderful! Browser and everything just runs so fast and smooth! its like I got a brand new phone! absolutely positively perfect!
8. Russiathebest posted on 16 May 2012, 14:18 0
NO WifI after the update .... anyone else has the same problem ??
14. -box- posted on 16 May 2012, 16:39 0
Not here, just restarts when trying to use the Play Store and a few other glitches...
22. PapaSmurf posted on 17 May 2012, 06:15 0
After spending a full day with it, it feels like a brand new phone. Lag is non exist ant as ICS a.d 3.6 fly through everything. Maybe I'm luck haha.
24. mrchuy0123 posted on 17 May 2012, 17:47 0
If you guys want your free teathering back, download thishttps://play.google.com/store/
apps/details?id=com.foxfi&feat ure=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwx LDMsImNvbS5mb3hmaSJd
its called FoxFi and it fixed my phones teathering!!! Yay now i got ICS 4.0 and FREE TEATHER BACK!!