T-Mobile G2x finally getting officially updated to... Gingerbread
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2012, 09:35 posted on
The T-Mobile G2x, released internationally as the LG Optimus 2X, is finally getting updated to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and while it’s never too late…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The G2X had Gingerbread forever ago.... After they "ran short of inventory" and re-released the handset they were shipped out with 2.3.
2. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 360; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Yayyy finally! The HTC one is coming out soon
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I have a G2x and to me this is a welcome update.
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Thats definitely why android has over half of the market share.
8. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
53% is alot and is expected when you have mulitple venders putting out a different form of your ui only thing each android maker has incommon is they share the same google play store sad part is how is apple gaining ground on android lol wit android you suck up to get up huh
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2938; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Finally? I tried out the G2X a year ago and it had Gingerbread.
7. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
"...while it's never too late"
Screw that it is way too late, what a joke, getting Gingerbread this late it should be insulting to everyone who bought this.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, which had ICS about 6 months ago, and which just received its 4th or 5th OTA update
15. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2938; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
4th or 5th update? Lucky you because on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus I'm still at official 4.0.2.
9. threeline (Posts: 256; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Yeah I will never buy LG. I bought the Sprint Galaxy Nexus to avoid carrier and manufactuer delays with updates, I know they are bigger and better phones now but with the GN's 1.2 dual core it should hold me over for 22 months and I'm not a power user anyway but I don't want the latest Adroid update.
10. The_Original_Zon (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
It HAS had Gingerbread for a long time, they're just updating its version, Calm down people any update is a welcome update.
12. Forsaken77 (Posts: 547; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
So they're putting it from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4? If they're updating Gingerbread, why not at least give em the 2.3.6 version?
17. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ICS is already 6 months old, that's half a year, at this point if they're going to insist with Gingerbread it should be nothing less than 2.3.7
Anyway, any update is a good update like somebody said above, but it could and should be better
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I thought that it came with 2.3 pre-installed? I don't understand why LG & T-Mo didn't just skip 2.3 and went to 4.0.
16. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
G2x comes with vanilla android right ? What take them so long to upgrade to ics ? Nice that Tmobile provide a G series for people that want stock android