T-Mobile CEO uses his Apple iPhone 5s to tweet his love for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Clearly an executive for the times, Legere even checks the TMZ app as one of his top five things to do each morning. Who knows? That might have kept him from hiring Amanda Bynes as a celebrity endorser. On Monday, Legere sent out a tweet praising the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, saying that he wouldn't know what to do without the phablet. Ok, nothing odd there. But the tweet happened to come from Legere's Apple iPhone 5s. And here is why you have to love this guy. Within minutes, the CEO responded with a follow-up tweet that said "oops. I carry both as you may know! That was funny." He followed that up by tweeting a picture of a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, a gold Apple iPhone 5s and a Galaxy Gear watch.
This sort of thing has happened quite often. After accepting a paid position from BlackBerry as its Creative Director in January, Alicia Keys sent a personal tweet a month later, from her Apple iPhone. When the Chinese government was embroiled in a dispute with Apple over customer service and warranty issues, it had Chinese celebrities post on Sina Weibo their disapproval of the Cupertino based company. Most of those posts were made on an Apple iPhone or Apple iPad.
T-Mobile CEO John Legere gets to show off his personal devices
1. The tweet that started it all
source: @JohnLegere via AppleInsider
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
LOL Fandroid using iOS/iPhone 5S. Gotta love it.
2. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
CEO showing off some of the best his carrier has to offer. Gotta love it.
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 9505 running on SHoStock v2.2 ROM right in front of me. Sup?
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
8. ph00ny (Posts: 606; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I was on both Android and iOS very recently. Now I'm carrying galaxy note 3 and galaxy s4 as my fault instead of note 2/4s/ip5 combo
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8805; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is why John is the coolest CEO ever.
6. ThePython (Posts: 362; Member since: 08 May 2013)
He's showing the best his carrier has to offer.
7. alaw.14 (Posts: 151; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
He knows who the real beast of smartphones is.
9. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Why some people have more than one smartphone? And the worse part is that sometimes they are even with the same OS
12. papss (unregistered)
I carry a L1020 and a note 3.. i don't find it strange at all.
14. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
But why don´t you just carry one phone, onw of them don´t have all you need?
10. twens (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Having 2 phones with the same OS is the dumbest thing ever. It's either a note 3 and icrap5s for me.lol
11. _PHug_ (Posts: 385; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Honestly, If I was a rich guy that got free cell service & free devices like Legere, I would carry Android, IOS & Windows devices.
Why compromise if you don't have to?