T-Mobile CEO teases UNcarrier 4.0 - what do you want it to be?
1. TerryCrowley (Posts: 191; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I have no idea. As a T-Mobile customer for about two years now I'm pretty darn happy with what they're doing. The only thing they could do to make me happier is offer a wider selection of devices which they couldn't really do in an "announcement". T-Mobile Lumia's please :
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1375; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Better options for bad credit peeps would be amazing. I have a couple of friends on tmobile with bad credit that want better phones but cant afford the massive downs.
5. bizwhizzy (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
That is absurd. You get bad credit because you can't pay your bills. Maybe an expensive smartphone isn't the answer to that problem.
7. promise7 (Posts: 507; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I wasn't sure about this. I thought they did do credit checks, but in the article it says they don't.
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry about that, the credit checks aren't completely gone, just for some plans. I've edited the article accordingly.
12. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
what t-mobile want is to add a $40 plan , and improve their coverage in voice and data like att or better and they'll own the market . for example keep the $30 plan 100 minutes and 5 GB add a $40 plan unlimited Minutes + 2.5 GB , $50 plan unlimited minutes + 5 GB, $60 plan unlimited minutes and data , $70 plan unlimited minutes and data + 5 GB of Tethering . But most important as a first step is improve coverage , because all the options you are giving us mean nothing if your coverage suck.
15. echance20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Couldn't get any better than this!!
I was thought of this before 2.5GB data for 50.00 5GB for 60.00 and 70.00 as is unlimited data I like your comment or idea better alila2
4. svec7186 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 Jul 2011)
does anyone still sell tmobile plans with a contract with subsidized phones?
17. Troysyx (Posts: 153; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes, any place that sells tmobile plans that is not a tmobile store (ie, costco, best buy, etc.)
22. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 90; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Now T-mobile would like everyone to be on the new uncarrier plans, so Costco, Best Buy, Hellmart (Walmart) and everywhere else CAN NOT and WILL NOT be offering contract plans anymore. Sorry.
8. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I already have a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with unlimited EVERYTHING (no throttling) for $70.00 a month. What more can I ask for?
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5986; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Customer pain points.... Expand their LTE footprint?
27. 14545 (Posts: 1201; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Actually, I would be happy if they would just expand their footprint at all. Doesn't even have to be LTE. Just something better than 2g. It would be the last little shove I need to ditch VZW.
11. emcdonald75 (Posts: 21; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
T-Mobile just needs to increase the 4G HSPA+ or LTE coverage already and get rid of 2G/EDGE. That is the only Uncarrier needed. Everything else is near perfect except for a few billing issues at times and it is difficult to unlock phones sometimes, but for the most part, everything is great.
13. mkluminous (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I'm generally happy with T-mobile's service and love what the CEO is doing so far. My main issue is with having more of a variety of devices (still bothered T-mobile couldn't get moto x) but otherwise amazing year for t-mobile
19. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I agree I love Tmobile also...the only thing they should do is give the customer(s) two options do download their phone ROM:
Google Edition and a T-mobile Edition phones...that would be sweet...
18. mellowout27 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I couldn't agree more with Troysyx, Tmobile has come so far to do something as bad for customers as merge with Sprint. They just need to purchase some spectrum, consider a deal with maybe Dish Network and continue to offer customers the best options in wireless! I love T-Mobile!
20. dullgeek (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Thinking about this here's a list of things I'd like to see, ranked (roughly) in order of my preference:
* Increase my throttled data speeds from 2G to 3G (or better) - ideally adopt Sprint's "truly unlimited".
* Increase my included 4G data from 500MB to 1GB
* Make advertised price include all required taxes and fees. My plan is $100/mo. I'd like to pay $100/mo rather than the $116 that I do pay.
* I'd like a maximum price guarantee - if I continue to get the exact same service tier, my price won't go up but it may go down.
* Faster release cycles for OTA updates. I'd like to see KitKat a few weeks after it's released rather than 6-10 months.
* Kill all the bloatware on my phone
* More than 5 phones on my plan
* Give me a discount for adding a non-smartphone to my familiy plan
* Help me lose weight
* Turn my wife into a horny supermodel
* $1 million Christmas gift
* I wish for more wishes
21. DeToxV1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I dont think t-mobile has done nothing wrong so far, they have been improving after the buyout failure. I just wish they would do something for their long time subscribers like myself being 10+ yrs with tmobile
23. johnbftl (Posts: 235; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Here's a suggestion for phase 4: Grow up and act like an adult and a business professional! Stop publicly trashing the CEO of another company like you're 6.
24. timbehnkendammit (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
I told Sprint to get f**ked after I grew tired of paying $90/month for all the internet speed of a 14.4Kbps modem. I live in Dayton, OH, where the total metropolitan population is over 800,000 people, and they STILL seem to be more concerned with adding 4G LTE in towns whose population barely scratch 50,000.
I jumped back to T-Mobile for their new $30 Unlimited Text/Web (5GB at 4G speed), 100 minute plan because I rarely talk on my phone. Plus, it's only $15 more to add tethering, and their HSPA+ here runs at the same 12-14Mbps as Verizon and AT&T's LTE service. So unlimited text, 100 minutes, and 5GB of 4G WITH tethering for under $50 is just too damn good to pass up.
25. Jason78 (Posts: 152; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
I would like to see any carrier separate voice and data plans. I don't need unlimited voice and I'm not going to pay $40 / month for it.
Stop locking phones purchased without subsidy
Stop charging extra to tether, I paid for the data let me use it as I please
26. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
Provide more coverage by leasing cell towers from, who else, AT&T. My area sucks: always "no signal" at home.
28. SolidGold69 (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Please let it be that we'll be able to store apps on the micro SD card instead of internal memory! Also, everyone should have the option of erasing/removing/eliminating/uninstalling bloatware instead of just disabling it.
29. MAXXtreme007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Where I live, we have very bad internet options (no fast unlimited service). TMobile would solve this problem perfectly (as they have fast service and it's unlimited) but having an option to pay an extra $10-20 or so and have unlimited tethering would be perfect! I would love to at least have this option!