T-Mobile CEO Philipp Humm resigns
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2012, 13:57 posted on
The CEO of the nation's fourth largest carrier has resigned as Phillip Humm says he is leaving T-Mobile and parent firm Deutsche Telecom; Humm will be replaced by T-Mobile COO Jim Alling on an interim basis while T-Mobile seeks a replacement...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 298; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I guess he'll be Humming a different tune now....
12. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Humm whatever as long as he humms out of Tmobile.
20. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Just so everyone is clear and can stop with the puns (lol) , it is pronounced Hue-mm.
3. Birds (Posts: 1003; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Maybe they can get somebody who will get a top of the line phone and not CHARGE 300$ for it and decide to call it a subsidy... tisk, tisk, tisk... republicans these days..
5. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I have no idea what you just posted. "who will get a top of the line phone" wat.
9. Birds (Posts: 1003; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, i was typing one handed and trying to mop at the same time. Had a buisy day lol.
15. remixfa (Posts: 13935; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that was the most idiotic thing ive seen since the last time Taco posted. seriously.. stop smoking crack.. its bad for you.
17. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Stop smoking bath salts. You snort them not smoke them. They're good for you.
22. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I don't think something that makes people eat other faces can be deemed " good for you" even sarcastically.
6. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I wonder how many millions he will cart away to Europe with him...
7. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Best news all year. Now tmobile can truly begin to rebuild.
8. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The rats are the 1st to go when the ship starts sinking.
11. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Thank goodness! This guy sucks! Has no clue the needs of customers.
13. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Actually had a chance to talk briefly with him when I met him at a T-Mobile meeting not long after the announcement of the ATT acquisition. Very nice gentleman. He seemed that he liked living in Germany more than Washington.
Jim Ailing always seemed like a natural fit to replace the previous CEO but I think DT wanted a home grown executive to run the ship while they shopped TMO. Now that it's clear that is not happening and no true chance for growth Humm probably wanted to go on to greener pastures.
T-Mobile is moving more towards a 50/50 post/pre carrier with the success of the Monthly 4G and MVNOs like Simple Mobile. I do think they are better off, as they have been, plowing their money into the network and their frontline sales people.
16. remixfa (Posts: 13935; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i was with you until the last 3 words.
the front line sales people get jack compared to every other major carrier in the US.
sad but true.
18. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I hear what you're saying Remixfa. I always attributed that to the fact that T-Mobile's pockets are shallow and because the plans don't cost you an arm and a leg.
Not like VZ and ATT, where your monthly plan revenue pays their advertising costs and commission. By the way, I still don't get how Sprint stays in business with their massive debt load. lol
19. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Hopefully Tmo will find someone who's smarter at the game.
21. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1007; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Tmobile has been thru alot this year and now the CEO resigned?? Im going to say it again............WHY DIDNT TMOBILE MERGE WITH AT&T??? all of this wouldve been avoided. i know that im the only one that thinks this, but Tmobile has been the 4th leading carrier for years now and even if the iPhone wouldve been added to their lineup, they would still be in the red like Sprint is right now
What else will happen to Tmobile before New Years Day 2013????????
23. balkan (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
what??? merger with ATT?? LOL... I left ATT because a lot of reasons, and i don't care for Iphone, hope T-MO never add this terrible phone to their line..why in the world people want Iphone anyway ..they need add more high end MOTOROLA phone for sure..