One of the coolest new features on Swype is Hotwords. Swype users can opt-in to have their dictionary updated with the hottest trending words. Also available will be themes for Swype. Ten different choices are available to allow you to customize your QWERTY. Lastly, the update brings support for other languages. The Chinese keyboard has an additional tool bar and a Flick keyboard has been added for the Japanese language. Swype expects to allow more languages to use the Advanced Language Models that predict the words and phrases that users Swype the most.
The updated version of Swype will work even if you already have an older version of the app installed on your phone or tablet. Any Android device will support Swype. Simply click on the sourcelink.
Swype is a four-in-one keyboard that lets people choose how they stay connected, whether they swype, type, write, or speak. Swype “learns” each individual user’s text input style and builds a personal language model– in other words, the more Swype is used, the smarter it gets. In addition to the new capabilities announced earlier this year, Swype now features:
· Dictionary Backup & Sync: Swype now backs up and syncs a user’s personal dictionary across any of their mobile devices. So now when nicknames like “Ollie” are added to a mobile phone, that word will be automatically added to the personal dictionary on a tablet as well as all other registered devices.
· Swype for Tablets: Swype has taken tablet innovation to the next level by offering a choice of three different keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard. So no matter what style keyboard, people can stay connected and productive from anywhere.
· Hotwords: Language is evolving faster than ever and Swype now updates dictionaries with the latest global trending words. Swype users can opt-in to receive updates to their dictionaries and stay up to date with the newest ‘hotwords’, like “Gangnam Style.”
· Themes: Swype allows users to further personalize their devices with the new keyboard theme options. Users can access up to 10 different themes in Swype’s settings menu for quick and cool keyboard customizations.
· More Language Support: The latest update to Swype also features enhancements to the Chinese keyboard with an additional tool bar and has added a Flick keyboard to Japanese. Users can also expect many more languages with Advanced Language Models that predict the words and phrases users Swype the most.
“Swype has proven that Android users love choice and flexibility as part of their user experience,” said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile. “Swype has truly embraced a multimodal, personalized keyboard that learns and adapts to each user’s preference. And with the ability to carry that experience across Android devices, pick your keyboard layout, automatically stay up on key trends and hotwords, Swype is by far the most customizable keyboard on the market.”
Download the Swype Beta for Android to any Android device including those with Swype preloaded, by simply visiting http://beta.swype.com. Nuance’s Swype platform is also available for OEMs supporting the Android Platform as well as via an SDK for other operating systems.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Nuance, Swype and the Nuance logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States of America and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.