Sweet new CM9 boot animation revealed
In order to whet our appetites more than the occasional progress report or news of a new alpha version of the release, the CyanogenMod team today released their new boot animation, and we have to say it’s pretty sweet. If you are (im)patiently waiting for CM9 to get finished so you can flash it to your unlocked Android device, or simply like cool Android boot animations, we think you’ll enjoy the video below.
For you long time fans of CyanogenMod, what’s your take on the new boot animation? Leave us your thoughts in the comments section!
source: CyanogenMod via Android Central
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
shweet. the gnex animation was getting stale.
2. HGMIV (Posts: 52; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
It's certainly more interesting than trying to follow the little arrow around in circles with your eyes.
4. evolutionqy7 (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 May 2011)
nothing great about that? reminds me of a 90's animated game
5. Karan_Malhotra (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Really better than samsung's boot animation on my sgs II
6. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
All we need it is to get it integrated on Checkrom Revolution
7. fost4real (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i am not inlove with this. not soo impressive but better than previous.
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2028; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nice...... need to also be tablet ready lol
9. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
That was awesome. Hopefully, it really takes advantage of these high res 720p displays. I'll be glad to show it off :)
10. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
only android needs a custom boot screen, seeing that an android users needs to reboot at least once a day
13. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
My iPhail would crash harder than the Costa Concordia multiple times a day. At least my GS2 crashes way less, and my Atrix 2, and my Droid Charge. All combined, I had one instance over three separate Android devices where I had to pull a battery in the last four months. One. My iPhail? I would lose count in an 8 hour stint.
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
ive also had a horrendous user experience on my decommissioned ipod touch 4g. constant app crashes (notably facebook, music and browser), and would become entirely unresponsive much much more often than my g2x does now.
11. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Really, it is a common know fact that all computers can benefit from a system reboot daily. However, I appreciate a system the lets me change the boot screen. It’s just another way to show off my 21 pieces of flare. But I guess the creativeness that Barista care about appreciate the limited to the confines that Apple puts in place and don’t dare to step outside the box or should I say rectangles with rounded corners.
16. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
LOL @ 21 pieces of flair. Funny ass movie
14. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
For all its faults, the Thunderbolt startup with the thunder was kind of cool. It had a little bass in it as well so its nicer.
18. gkquiambao (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
March is almost here and still no stable CM9 release? My SGS2 is waiting impatiently already!
20. asimo (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
The intro of this video would actually make a better bootanim than the bootanim itself!!