Survey shows that only 17% of Americans know that BlackBerry 10 has launched
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 17:19 posted on
It does seem hard to believe, but a survey conducted for institutional equity research firm MKM Partners shows that nearly 83% of the 1,500 Americans surveyed over the last three weeks had no idea that the new BlackBerry 10 OS had launched in Canada while nearly 61% did not know that Windows Phone 8 handsets are available...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
But only .0000021 percent of them plans to buy it
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Correction: 0.000000000000000000001% plan to buy, and he is Blackberry CEO......!!!
3. Stuntman (Posts: 836; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
BlackBerry should have spent a crap load of money last month to advertise to Americans that BB10 devices are available in Canada and Europe.
Like really. What type of useless information is this? It's like surveying Americans if they knew what new toaster is being sold in South America.
5. downphoenix (Posts: 3165; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I bet blackberry could have fared better if they would have had the BB10 handsets around the time of their superbowl ads. But by the time they released the phones, most people forgot about the commercials of the superbowl.
6. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Less then 17% can tell u why they buy apple products or the difference between the every 6 month models that come out
11. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I think that is why I see so many people rocking out the iPhone 3G and/or 4 still. They cant spot the difference so they dont upgrade. Obviously the Apple fans can but the average consumer most likely cant.
True conversation with dad(currently owns iphone 4):
JB - Dad arent you getting the iphone 5?
JB's Dad - Meh, why? its pretty much the same damn phone? Put them side by side and one just looks a little bigger...why am I going to pay $200 for the same phone but a little bigger???
JB - ...love you dad
JB's Dad - love you too son
18. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
At a quick glance, I can't tell the difference between a galaxy s3 and a galaxy s4, despite being tech savvy. Android fanboys bring the term "hypocrisy" to a new level.
31. papss (unregistered)
True story... They SS are no better than Apple
35. Xtasy (Posts: 284; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
But u sure can tell the difference between a Blackberry Z10 and anything before that
36. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
More than 80% can tell you they got their low-end Android phone free.
12. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I tried one yesterday and I'm sad to say that RIM as we know it today won't exist for much longer. My guess is that MS, Apple, or google will offer to buy the company by the end of the year.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Why would any of the three you mention be interested in buying BB? The only value is in the patents and those could be picked up in an asset sale. Or in BK.
43. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Great comment. Blackberry is garbage
14. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The blackberry name, just like the iphone name, is a thing of the past. Markets change with every generation of users and companies either adapt or become insignificant.
16. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
iphone has been a fad. its not big enough to just sit and stand still, which it has (the popularity fall prooves this) android is big enough. plus google is skynet so anything it does will take over
20. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
So they interviewed 1500 people and because 83% of THOSE 1500 didn't know BB10 launched, that's supposed to represent 83% of the whole of the American people?? Are you sh*tting me?!?! These surveys always crack me up. Did they interview EVERY LAST American? No? They sure didn't interview me. So the survey is flawed and invalid. And of course, the haters eat it up and take it as fact.
25. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Be glad even 17 percent know BB10 has launched. BB's market share is significantly less than the 17 percent.
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This is the truth and accept it™
BB and Nokia wp8 has faded away from peoples hearts™
You ask the public and the average joe, whats Bb10 and L920,,,,?
They have no idear what these are©
44. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Ask the public and average joe where? In the US? There is a world outside of the United States you know. Sadly, 83% of Americans don't seem to know this. And you wish BB was dead. Selling quite well abroad.
32. papss (unregistered)
Um you do know that's the most accurate way to get a percentage right?
45. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
No. Its not. Its incorrect. You would have to survey significantly more than 1500 people to accurately get the percentage from a country that numbers in the billions. There are so many more variables involved.
46. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Actually I do. You must not know.
26. axllebeer (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
"17% of Americans know that BlackBerry 10 has launched"
Well then, allow me to share the article to spread the good word.
30. axllebeer (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Ok Troll. Thumb me down for sharing the article lol. Not going to hurt my feelings. :)
34. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
In my country, almost everyone don't even know what is BlackBerry Z10, Sony Xperia Z. Does it sound strange?
P.S I guess they only know when the Samsung Galaxy S4 will launch................ x(
38. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So that means 83% Americans need to realize that there's world outside America ?
42. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
That because everyone thinks Blackberry went out of business. Thorsten you and your products are outdated garbage. Nobody wants a blackberry anymore. Close your doors!
47. AlMal (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
BB should make much bigger noise about their launch.Just like Apple always does.