Survey: Consumers happy with their current platform choice
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 11:03 posted on
According to a survey, consumers want to see three things in a new smartphone, a faster processor, a larger screen and of course, a lower price; the survey, conducted by shopping app BuyVia, shows that 46% of Apple iPhone users have no plans to switch to an Android model and by the same token, 42% of Android users have no intention to buy an Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm very happy with my current platform (Android), and my next phone will be on Android too!
Windows Phone, maybe later. :)
Apple iPhone, not ready. :(
BlackBerry, maybe later and later. :)
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
so am i :) i'll never switch to ios or blackberry, always android
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe I will try BlackBerry or Windows Phone later, but most of the times are always Android. :)
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
WP and BB suck really bad, waste of money
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why you said that bro? Because of less games and apps? Now they are slowly improving, games and apps will be slowly released to the store.
Like I've said just now, "Maybe I will try BlackBerry or Windows Phone later, but most of the times are always Android."
I said "Maybe", not "will", and this is not a good time for us to buy a BlackBerry or Windows Phone right? :)
37. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
u should know by now that this Nikooliver is just a hater.
im using the Lumia 920 now very smooth OS. all the apps i need are running on it.
had the Xperia Z for 1 day and sold it right away, not hating it. But notice some (mini) lags while swiping. and imo less user friendly (less clean)
anyways im trying to ditch my Lumia 920 now, setting my eyes on the Q10 now :D
43. Sweetsara (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
you can have my wp,i dont like it.
it has almost no apps and no games.
46. AdamDrake (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
you are right
WP and BB suck really bad, waste of money.
wp8 has almost no apps and no games
49. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said, and I totally agree™
I wonder how they manage to sustain the patient to await for major apps to be released? Frustration and anger is building upon them, still they sacrafice™
27. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I had Android phone since 2011(htc desire) and it was good, now I moved to WP8( Nokia Lumia 920), amazing phone, I'm in love.
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I think she is lieing?
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm still using "King" OS.......Guess which.......!!! and i'm happy with that OS.........!!!
57. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The "King" OS is the Lord Symbian right? :)
65. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right symbian was king, but now symbian is no more so it's sad.
67. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually Nokia can revive Symbian back alive, but unfortunately, Elop doesn't want to.
60. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Happy with Android. But with Android manufacturers with similar offerings, I'm looking forward to giving Windows Phone a try. Might also get a Blackberry as my messaging phone, also for its BBM and cheaper data.
2. jaymulli (Posts: 20; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
I have been android since 2010 and recently got an iPhone 5, I am happy with it it has been a nice change for me.
I understand the arguments saying it is bland and outdated but for me it has been a fresh experience the only other phone im interested in at the minute is the HTC One i like were Android is heading and unlike most of the people on these sites i am completely impartial which means i get even more phones to choose from yay.
3. sprucex (unregistered)
Yah me to, tho Ive learned the secret to Android satisfaction is to stay away from their mid-range offerings and always buy the top of the line phones.
I am open to windows phone and Blackberry again as well but Sammys really got me now :-)
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im mixed , but owned more Android devices and love them more than my ipad and ipod touch , (currently on a HOX and note 1 as a sidearm)
5. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Android is great in theory, but every model that I've owned has been buggy and apps crash way too often. Every time they send an update to fix something, it usually breaks something else. For example when Google released 4.2.2 it screwed up the bluetooth audio and they still haven't fixed it. I switched to Windows Phone.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
The one that exists only in his mind, nothing like the problems he mentioned exist on phones that received 4.2.2.
20. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Yes, the glitches must be a figment of my imagination.
55. joey_sfb (Posts: 5841; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sound like nobie 920. a lot of users feedback the same thing.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Google released 4.2.2? What phone is that? Nexus? or the Galaxy S4?
21. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
your right bro, even apps my nexus 7 crashfar too often running 4.2.2. But still I like Android and WP, but iOS is a big NOOOO!