Survey: Consumers happy with their current platform choice
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2013, 11:03 posted on
According to a survey, consumers want to see three things in a new smartphone, a faster processor, a larger screen and of course, a lower price; the survey, conducted by shopping app BuyVia, shows that 46% of Apple iPhone users have no plans to switch to an Android model and by the same token, 42% of Android users have no intention to buy an Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm very happy with my current platform (Android), and my next phone will be on Android too!
Windows Phone, maybe later. :)
Apple iPhone, not ready. :(
BlackBerry, maybe later and later. :)
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
so am i :) i'll never switch to ios or blackberry, always android
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe I will try BlackBerry or Windows Phone later, but most of the times are always Android. :)
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
WP and BB suck really bad, waste of money
15. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Why you said that bro? Because of less games and apps? Now they are slowly improving, games and apps will be slowly released to the store.
Like I've said just now, "Maybe I will try BlackBerry or Windows Phone later, but most of the times are always Android."
I said "Maybe", not "will", and this is not a good time for us to buy a BlackBerry or Windows Phone right? :)
37. StreetNerd (Posts: 700; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
u should know by now that this Nikooliver is just a hater.
im using the Lumia 920 now very smooth OS. all the apps i need are running on it.
had the Xperia Z for 1 day and sold it right away, not hating it. But notice some (mini) lags while swiping. and imo less user friendly (less clean)
anyways im trying to ditch my Lumia 920 now, setting my eyes on the Q10 now :D
43. Sweetsara (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
you can have my wp,i dont like it.
it has almost no apps and no games.
46. AdamDrake (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
you are right
WP and BB suck really bad, waste of money.
wp8 has almost no apps and no games
49. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well said, and I totally agree™
I wonder how they manage to sustain the patient to await for major apps to be released? Frustration and anger is building upon them, still they sacrafice™
27. Emily1985 (Posts: 123; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I had Android phone since 2011(htc desire) and it was good, now I moved to WP8( Nokia Lumia 920), amazing phone, I'm in love.
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I think she is lieing?
39. akki20892 (Posts: 3253; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm still using "King" OS.......Guess which.......!!! and i'm happy with that OS.........!!!
57. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The "King" OS is the Lord Symbian right? :)
65. akki20892 (Posts: 3253; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right symbian was king, but now symbian is no more so it's sad.
67. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually Nokia can revive Symbian back alive, but unfortunately, Elop doesn't want to.
60. jsdechavez (Posts: 699; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Happy with Android. But with Android manufacturers with similar offerings, I'm looking forward to giving Windows Phone a try. Might also get a Blackberry as my messaging phone, also for its BBM and cheaper data.
2. jaymulli (Posts: 19; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
I have been android since 2010 and recently got an iPhone 5, I am happy with it it has been a nice change for me.
I understand the arguments saying it is bland and outdated but for me it has been a fresh experience the only other phone im interested in at the minute is the HTC One i like were Android is heading and unlike most of the people on these sites i am completely impartial which means i get even more phones to choose from yay.
3. sprucex (unregistered)
Yah me to, tho Ive learned the secret to Android satisfaction is to stay away from their mid-range offerings and always buy the top of the line phones.
I am open to windows phone and Blackberry again as well but Sammys really got me now :-)
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1301; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im mixed , but owned more Android devices and love them more than my ipad and ipod touch , (currently on a HOX and note 1 as a sidearm)
5. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Android is great in theory, but every model that I've owned has been buggy and apps crash way too often. Every time they send an update to fix something, it usually breaks something else. For example when Google released 4.2.2 it screwed up the bluetooth audio and they still haven't fixed it. I switched to Windows Phone.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
The one that exists only in his mind, nothing like the problems he mentioned exist on phones that received 4.2.2.
20. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Yes, the glitches must be a figment of my imagination.
55. joey_sfb (Posts: 2560; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sound like nobie 920. a lot of users feedback the same thing.
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Google released 4.2.2? What phone is that? Nexus? or the Galaxy S4?
21. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1697; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
your right bro, even apps my nexus 7 crashfar too often running 4.2.2. But still I like Android and WP, but iOS is a big NOOOO!
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Yes the Nexus 7 is where I'm having the Bluetooth problem. However my HTC phones had issues as well. Finally decided it was time for a change.
7. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I am very satisfied with my Nokia Lumia 920 ( WP)
10. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Im using Nokia 1100, and Im happy with my current platform of choice.
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3253; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i'm very happy with my King OS..........guess which OS?
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No you're not, I don't think so you are!
Inside your not happy, but outside you are, its just a show us™
11. Aeires (unregistered)
My N4 might be the one that breaks me from a yearly upgrade process, love this phone tremendously. That being said, if I was to get a secondary phone, it would be the Z10.
13. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I hate iCrap, is**t, iFail, iOld, iBoring iPhone.
25. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
iOS is decent and reliable, but it's not quite the second coming. I don't find the touchscreen as responsive as some of the Android and WP models out there and it is not particularly easy to type on. I have yet to test drive BB10.
34. quakan (Posts: 1140; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
What iPhone have you used? The 3GS on iOS 6???
38. Leo_MC (Posts: 476; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
You must have the only iOS phone in the world less responsive than Android.
Keep it as it will worth a sh* load of money someday (if not, you can always blackmail Cook).
61. jsdechavez (Posts: 699; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Actually the only thing I liked from iOS aside from the apps is the keyboard. Android keyboards are tooooooo sensitive.
16. iammobilechris01 (Posts: 10; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
I'm very happy with my current platform (Android), and my next phone will be on Android too!
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
my friend got a brand new phone lastweek: cherry mobile flare on android 4.0. borrowed it and played temple run 2. specs are 1.2ghz dualcore snapdragon.
guess what while playing, it hanged.
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uhhh......dude, pardon me for being curious, what is cherry mobile flare? I haven't heard it before, is it from China?
24. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
not a china brand.
33. ojdidit84 (Posts: 252; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
...is nothing to write home about. It's probably a decent mid-ranger but that 512MB of ram is scary especially for ICS which is probably why it hangs during Temple Run 2 or any other memory intensive app.
64. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
what are you talking about.. temple run 2 is only 32MB. Lol
22. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
There's Android, then there's everything else xD
26. Jyakotu (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Well, I have a Galaxy Nexus, but the stock Android experience can get a little dull. I would definitely purchase a Windows Phone, the only that that holds me back from getting one is that Sprint doesn't offer any and many of the apps I use on Android aren't available on Windows Phone. Plus, I do use some Google services, like Google Play Music, which are exlusive to the Android platform, I believe.
28. rishabh_2795 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
I am happy to see now one trolling on this thread atleast. no wars. people sharing their experience instead of repeating what has been said in the phone reviews.
35. quakan (Posts: 1140; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You must have skimmed the comment section because there was definitely some trolling before you commented.
29. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
damn people like apple i didn't hope androud beats i just don't feel comfortbble with an apple product
30. bucky (Posts: 1292; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I use an iPhone 5 and its great...boring but great. One thing that would seriously make me consider switching to android is third party music apps like jango, songza, pandora being controlled by the headset. I'm on the go all day and love not having to take the phone out of my pocket just to switch a song.
Anybody know a fix for this? Btw, I'v tried xda and third party headset controls apks but no luck.
31. ojdidit84 (Posts: 252; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Depends on the phone I suppose. My DNA and my roommate's Note II can both control Pandora with headset controls. Not sure about the other two apps.
41. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
@ bucky. That's big! Because if memory serves me correctly, you weren't really a big fan of Android in the past, right? But there are a couple things you could download like Car Tunes, to use tap control (Tap your phone to change songs). This is the one I use but I just use plain plug and play headsets. And I think that it only works with locally stored music.
Maybe you could use Jay's headset control or Headset Button Controller. Have you tried any of these? They seem to get decent reviews so maybe that would work.
apps/details?id=se.jays.headse tcontrol&feature=related_apps# ?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwic2UuamF 5cy5oZWFkc2V0Y29udHJvbCJd
apps/details?id=com.kober.head set&feature=also_installed#?t= W251bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwiY29tLmtvYm VyLmhlYWRzZXQiXQ..
36. asteala8 (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I am satisfied with my android, but I do like to try new things. I see a Lumnia 928 for my secondary phone in the near future. No BB or iOS for me though. They don't fit my personal style.
45. akki20892 (Posts: 3253; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
satisfied with my Symbian.....using Nokia N8
58. jsdechavez (Posts: 699; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I still see some commuters with their N8's. Even a few N9's. An E7 the other day. Some Blackberry Curves and a lot of Asha's. Also a lot of wannabe Chinese brands.