Survey: AT&T remains Apple iPhone country while Android rules at Verizon
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 12:15 posted on
A new survey conducted by the Consumer Intelligence Research Partners shows that half of all phones activated on AT&T between June and August this year were Apple iPhone units while during the same time period at Verizon, Android models made up about half of all activated phones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mclifford81 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
Probably because Verizon and Sprint Iphone 5 still can't use data and voice at the same time.. Lte for iphone 5 = Fail
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
who really cares about that? i find it to be an annoyance because i have to stop Google Navigation whenever i get an important call or the caller's voice get's drained out by "turn left in 1000 ft."
26. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I care about it. How else am I going to peruse message boards while I'm on a conference call?
35. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What device are you using Google Nav with when that happens? I've never encountered that with my Nokias, as they pause the navigation sounds and gives preference to the phone part of the (heh) phone.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
freaking everything does that. it's Google Maps.
38. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I use it for talking and using the web, using forum apps at the same time.
Now that I use it...I like it. I see why ppl liked this feature on AT&T or just GSM phones in general.
42. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i kind of have my priorities straight so i either do the extra stuff on my Tablet or i focus on my phone call.
27. siekone (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Your stupid it will work with voice and data on verizon,
45. Paximos (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Not at the same time...don't call people stupid unless you are sure!!!
29. BattleBrat (Posts: 1475; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Really? My Razr can surf on 4g and talk at the same time, can't surf on 3g and talk at the same time however...
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the iPhone 5 will lack this functionality.
34. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
haha even my lg motion on metro lte has voice and data function
37. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I'm just remembering all the folks who said...."The iPhone on Verizon was gonna be the Death of Android"
Still waiting for that Death....
47. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I have to agree here. Simultaneous voice and data is huge for me. I LOVE Verizon Android for this. I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T. I was thinking of getting an i5 on Verizon. I will NOT however if it means I lose simultaneous voice and data. I huge loss I feel for Verizon and Sprint.
2. teerex42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Aand last but not least, same old tired design and specs basically and no extra radio so Verizon, Sprint users can use voice and data simultaneously haha!!! BIG FAIL!!!!
6. mclifford81 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
Very true, I like how they added an extra mic for noise cancelling and better quality calls but they don't support Voice over LTE so it's pointless and lets not get started on more proprietary cable and adapters for the new lightning cable.. Total crap and no innovation at all
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And that big fail will b a big success. 27% of android users polled said they plan to buy the iPhone 5. Google it
9. mclifford81 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
This is true, however this is before the initial release and specs of the phone were fully announced and that 27% are probably not very tech savvy either and the poll was probably taken using young teens and in areas where smart phones are not dominant. There are many factors there to make it irrelevant. Oh and ps I am not a fan boy as I actually own an iPhone 4s but I do have high standards and Apples most recent release is just showing its becoming monotonous like Rim did in their prime and look at them now...
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If that were true, then there would be a huge (27%) drop-off in Android activations in anticipation of the iP5 release. Unfortunately, the drop-off in Android activations doesn't seem to have occurred. Maybe the 27% had second thoughts on learning how pathetic Maps is?
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
my comment is not to bash android. Droid u know I don't do that, it's simply to state that apple isn't as bad as some android users say it is. As far as 27% goes, I'm not the pollster so I'm not looking at demographics. I'm merely stating the facts. And the fact is ios is a top notch platform and the iPhone is a top notch phone as is it's android counterparts.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Also Droid u aren't an apple basher ur actually an intelligent techie I know cuz I read a lot of ur posts. As a techie I think u know that apple is gonna send out several updates and have maps purring n due time. I'm not a fan boy I'm a techie and have had numerous android devices and still own the one x. I remember when google maps was not too accurate and took forever to get directions when it would say searching for gps for a while before it locked on, but google worked at it and now it's king n my book. U know as well as I do that apple will have their maps kicking, and so will the developers.
14. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Every time a new iPhone is released it shows that 20 something percent of Android users plan to switch, so what does that really mean? Android AND iOS are still growing, but you don't see iOS growing by that 20 something percent that these surveys claim.
39. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Like someone said at another forum....plan to switch and actually switching are 2 different things.
I planned on getting a quad core PC, my first , 2 years ago....still haven't gotten it yet...lol.
3. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
iPhone = i stands for idiot.
Android = A stands for advance user.
Now lets see the graph.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iPhone = stands for cell phone
Android = stands for cell phone.
Idiot = stands for people who have nothing better to do with their day than troll PA to bash apple. U never see apple users goin on android articles to bash android. Why? Cuz they don't care, and have more important things to do like pay bills, work, parent, and get laid. idoit
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
WRONG. I always see Quezdagreat, Gallitoking and Taco50 or whatever alias he is using and even you CONSTANTLY trolling said articles. Quit crying!
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Do u ever? And please b honest...see me bashing android? I will defend apple, I will defend android but do u ever see me bashing?
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate you have before, now you seem reasonable but there have been comments that were too one way
but i agree with EclipseGSX he's spot on and named the 3 worst...ohh you forgot that serious9010 puppet too lol
but point is fanboys are on both sides but like i have said many times certain ifans take it too far
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
those number will change now that the iphone 4 is becoming free on contract.. that will take away sales from mid to low end Androids.