Surprise! iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer" with a smaller bezel
0. phoneArena 16 Jan 2013, 15:27 posted on
Oh wait, sorry. That's not a surprise at all. The top two features of every single Apple mobile device yet has led with "lighter and slimmer" or some thesaurus-aided combination of those words. We're pretty sure those words are permanently tattooed on every new Apple hardware designer. Still, we're at least getting a bit more info on how that "lighter and slimmer" will be attained, and it has to do with a smaller bezel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Surprise!!!!! iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer" with a smaller bezel
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Surprise!!! just take my money!!!! :D
41. homersimpsons (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
"just take my money..." - that 's a brilliant line Wendy - first time that I have seen that posted on a Tech Blog.
Apple products obviously don't inspire any level of creativity in their users...
45. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
don't forget to the main innovation: MORE ICONS on the iConboard!!! :)
49. Droiddoes (unregistered)
OMFG HOLY F*CKING SH*T BALLS! Lighter AND slimmer?!?!?!?! Magical innovation right there erryone, THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
54. metalpoet (unregistered)
droiddoes: I KNOW TOTALLY DUDE LETS SEE WHAT OTHER MAGICAL F***ING WORDS WE CAN COME UP WITH FOR PRODUCTS FOR RETARDS!!!!!!!!
53. metalpoet (unregistered)
apple just go outside into the tech world, bend over that white picket fence of yours....Android, blackberry, and windows will be along shortly to rape your retarded world of its sales ;)
2. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I dont understand why they just didnt do this with the ipad 4 and the ipad mini from the get go, oh that's right because then they wouldn't be able to charge twice for minor updates to the product aka apple's business strategy.
3. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Lighter and smaller.... if Apple keeps on doing this there won't be any kind of iPad as we reach the ~ iPad 40 because it will be too small and too flat to see it :D
17. axllebeer (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Soon it will be transparent and so thin we can shave with it, if you can see it. Might just move toward Star Trek cloaking technology.
48. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I can see, electric razor app for the people!
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
apple designs are getting reiterative and boring.
make some alterations man.
5. PhoneAddiction (Posts: 78; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Instead of, "Surprise." Just subistitue it with, "Obviously."
7. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Surprise! another lame, useless, boring apple article, hours after basically the same article!!!
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 14382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Did u actually click on the article just to post that?
19. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
As stated in the article, the last post was simply a concept rendering by a designer. This is a rumor from a reputable source.
Still, I'd have to agree with DarkJedi, if you don't want to read Apple news, don't click the links.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 14382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cannot wait to sell my ipad 3, and get the 5 or the new mini.
14. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
ah iSee now. uCannot wait to buy a slightly faster, slimmer version of the 5th iPad in 36 months. Man, being a apple fan certainly is hard on the pocket books and light on usefulness. All the iPads but the 3 need not exist. There should not be 5 of those overpriced tablets out in 36 months. For f's sake, the first one launched in April 2010. Enough with the incremental upgrades for a premium price. lol!
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 14382; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Take my money apple pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssse
37. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
This phrase is quickly becoming the official motto for the blind follower. Better patent it before Apple beats you to it.
55. metalpoet (unregistered)
wow i sure did save myself some trouble from spending hundreds of dollars on the NEWEST AND GREATEST IPAD EVER just for it to be useless 6 months later! wow 6.9 billion people on this planet with some truly revolutionary technology and all we can cdome up with is the same lame ass iPad with minor changes that do the same thing as the LAST 4 iPads!
9. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple really dont need to mention any of these things about the new ipad, all they need to say is "new" and "apple" and the ifans who own all of the current ipad models will start salvating and forming a q at their local apple store
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is funny because every Android release comes with a bigger screen than its predecesor.. and nobody say "obviously" will come with a bigger screen and a bigger processor...
11. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Yea buddy. I'm ready for mini with retina.
I am actually floored we are almost to an hour past this story being published and the fandroids (i use a galaxy phone) aren't tearing up the ipad. I guess fandroids and i sheep know the ipad is still the tablet king despite their phones becoming boring duds.
31. technut (Posts: 52; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Like it or not, I beg to differ. I'd take my Nexus 10 over the latest generation iPad any day. It's a full Benjamin cheaper, and better in nearly every aspect.
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"and better in nearly every aspect."
why not say just say specs... because is the only thing the Nexus 10 ..ahh and value but ipad has better build quality, and support
42. 1v1addict (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
"Better in nearly every aspect"
Not user experience
12. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
15. axllebeer (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
I think it will be bigger and heavier. Like 15 inches and have a Retna Apple 2E green screen.
I will also run on diesel fuel.
In all seriousness though I like my mini. Has been my 1st apple product, but likely the last also. Still have to use my BlackBerry PlayBook for real computing on the go.
16. dorianb (Posts: 496; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This just in from the Planet Obvious: iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer"
18. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
didnt we just have an ipad 5 article this morning talking about the same thing ? why make another one???????????????
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
As stated in the article, the last post was simply a concept rendering by a designer. This is a rumor from a reputable source. The timing is just coincidental.
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So this means designer got it from "reliable" source before PA did apparently ...
30. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Or the smaller bezel was something of a common sense change given Apple's obsession with making things smaller...
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6961; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Surprise! Its the same to crap since the ipad 1
43. 1v1addict (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Same crap ?
You obviously don't know what you're talking about
23. shamataa (Posts: 206; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I just don't see the point of buying any ipads or iphones from Apple anymore. They are LITERALLY screwing you guys over and over again.
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6961; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
of course. when I'm selling a iPad to a customer i told them its the same thing just the dock is different and RETINA DISPLAY and yet they STILL have NO CLUE what's the difference
27. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Surprise us with something on OS side as these size and weight surprises are as boring as the os right now.
34. andregabeh87 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Ok, the 5th generation of iPad will be more thin and will have a smaller bezel and... Just it?
38. tmcr7 (Posts: 179; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
But the iPad3 became thicker and heavier than the iPad 2. How was it suppose to become main selling points of the new iPad when there was no historical continuous improvement in those specs? It's like Apple taking you for a roller-coaster ride.
46. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
It is getting to the point where there is not much hardware changes apple can do to entice me. Any thinner and lighter than the current ipad would just feel flimsy to me. Sooner or later theyre going to have to overhaul ios because its getting stale and dated