Surprise! iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer" with a smaller bezel
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:27
Oh wait, sorry. That's not a surprise at all. The top two features of every single Apple mobile device yet has led with "lighter and slimmer" or some thesaurus-aided combination of those words. We're pretty sure those words are permanently tattooed on every new Apple hardware designer. Still, we're at least getting a bit more info on how that "lighter and slimmer" will be attained, and it has to do with a smaller bezel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nadr1212 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:32 10 2
Surprise!!!!! iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer" with a smaller bezel
41. homersimpsons posted on 17 Jan 2013, 01:46 2 2
"just take my money..." - that 's a brilliant line Wendy - first time that I have seen that posted on a Tech Blog.
Apple products obviously don't inspire any level of creativity in their users...
45. anywherehome posted on 17 Jan 2013, 05:31 0 0
don't forget to the main innovation: MORE ICONS on the iConboard!!! :)
49. Droiddoes posted on 17 Jan 2013, 12:16 1 1
OMFG HOLY F*CKING SH*T BALLS! Lighter AND slimmer?!?!?!?! Magical innovation right there erryone, THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
54. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 20:49 0 0
droiddoes: I KNOW TOTALLY DUDE LETS SEE WHAT OTHER MAGICAL F***ING WORDS WE CAN COME UP WITH FOR PRODUCTS FOR RETARDS!!!!!!!!
53. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 20:49 0 0
apple just go outside into the tech world, bend over that white picket fence of yours....Android, blackberry, and windows will be along shortly to rape your retarded world of its sales ;)
2. ckoch125 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:32 20 0
I dont understand why they just didnt do this with the ipad 4 and the ipad mini from the get go, oh that's right because then they wouldn't be able to charge twice for minor updates to the product aka apple's business strategy.
3. Tele7 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:37 12 1
Lighter and smaller.... if Apple keeps on doing this there won't be any kind of iPad as we reach the ~ iPad 40 because it will be too small and too flat to see it :D
17. axllebeer posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:33 1 0
Soon it will be transparent and so thin we can shave with it, if you can see it. Might just move toward Star Trek cloaking technology.
4. emadshiny posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:38 13 1
apple designs are getting reiterative and boring.
make some alterations man.
5. PhoneAddiction posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:46 15 1
Instead of, "Surprise." Just subistitue it with, "Obviously."
7. appleDOESNT.com posted on 16 Jan 2013, 15:59 9 4
Surprise! another lame, useless, boring apple article, hours after basically the same article!!!
10. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:11 4 5
Did u actually click on the article just to post that?
19. MichaelHeller posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:23 5 5
As stated in the article, the last post was simply a concept rendering by a designer. This is a rumor from a reputable source.
Still, I'd have to agree with DarkJedi, if you don't want to read Apple news, don't click the links.
8. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:04 3 8
Cannot wait to sell my ipad 3, and get the 5 or the new mini.
14. appleDOESNT.com posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:22 9 1
ah iSee now. uCannot wait to buy a slightly faster, slimmer version of the 5th iPad in 36 months. Man, being a apple fan certainly is hard on the pocket books and light on usefulness. All the iPads but the 3 need not exist. There should not be 5 of those overpriced tablets out in 36 months. For f's sake, the first one launched in April 2010. Enough with the incremental upgrades for a premium price. lol!
25. darkkjedii posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:42 1 11
Take my money apple pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssse
37. chadrick0814 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 21:10 5 0
This phrase is quickly becoming the official motto for the blind follower. Better patent it before Apple beats you to it.
51. darkkjedii posted on 17 Jan 2013, 18:47 0 0
Now that was a good one lol
55. metalpoet (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2013, 20:52 0 0
wow i sure did save myself some trouble from spending hundreds of dollars on the NEWEST AND GREATEST IPAD EVER just for it to be useless 6 months later! wow 6.9 billion people on this planet with some truly revolutionary technology and all we can cdome up with is the same lame ass iPad with minor changes that do the same thing as the LAST 4 iPads!
9. andro. posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:05 8 2
Apple really dont need to mention any of these things about the new ipad, all they need to say is "new" and "apple" and the ifans who own all of the current ipad models will start salvating and forming a q at their local apple store
39. gallitoking posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:28 4 3
is funny because every Android release comes with a bigger screen than its predecesor.. and nobody say "obviously" will come with a bigger screen and a bigger processor...
52. darkkjedii posted on 17 Jan 2013, 18:48 0 2
11. sudbury78 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:13 1 2
Yea buddy. I'm ready for mini with retina.
I am actually floored we are almost to an hour past this story being published and the fandroids (i use a galaxy phone) aren't tearing up the ipad. I guess fandroids and i sheep know the ipad is still the tablet king despite their phones becoming boring duds.
31. technut posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:15 0 2
Like it or not, I beg to differ. I'd take my Nexus 10 over the latest generation iPad any day. It's a full Benjamin cheaper, and better in nearly every aspect.
35. technut posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:55 0 0
40. gallitoking posted on 17 Jan 2013, 00:35 0 2
"and better in nearly every aspect."
why not say just say specs... because is the only thing the Nexus 10 ..ahh and value but ipad has better build quality, and support
42. 1v1addict posted on 17 Jan 2013, 02:44 0 0
"Better in nearly every aspect"
Not user experience
47. technut posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:05 0 0
12. drnggaj33 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:17 6 0
15. axllebeer posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:27 0 0
I think it will be bigger and heavier. Like 15 inches and have a Retna Apple 2E green screen.
I will also run on diesel fuel.
In all seriousness though I like my mini. Has been my 1st apple product, but likely the last also. Still have to use my BlackBerry PlayBook for real computing on the go.
16. dorianb posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:29 1 0
This just in from the Planet Obvious: iPad 5 will be "lighter and slimmer"
18. techguy22 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:40 3 0
didnt we just have an ipad 5 article this morning talking about the same thing ? why make another one???????????????
21. MichaelHeller posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:24 2 3
As stated in the article, the last post was simply a concept rendering by a designer. This is a rumor from a reputable source. The timing is just coincidental.
29. rusticguy posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:33 0 0
So this means designer got it from "reliable" source before PA did apparently ...
30. MichaelHeller posted on 16 Jan 2013, 19:15 1 2
Or the smaller bezel was something of a common sense change given Apple's obsession with making things smaller...
20. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:24 4 1
Surprise! Its the same to crap since the ipad 1
43. 1v1addict posted on 17 Jan 2013, 02:47 0 1
Same crap ?
You obviously don't know what you're talking about
23. shamataa posted on 16 Jan 2013, 17:35 5 1
I just don't see the point of buying any ipads or iphones from Apple anymore. They are LITERALLY screwing you guys over and over again.
32. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:15 0 0
of course. when I'm selling a iPad to a customer i told them its the same thing just the dock is different and RETINA DISPLAY and yet they STILL have NO CLUE what's the difference
27. rusticguy posted on 16 Jan 2013, 18:22 6 0
Surprise us with something on OS side as these size and weight surprises are as boring as the os right now.
34. andregabeh87 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:52 1 0
Ok, the 5th generation of iPad will be more thin and will have a smaller bezel and... Just it?
38. tmcr7 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 21:56 1 0
But the iPad3 became thicker and heavier than the iPad 2. How was it suppose to become main selling points of the new iPad when there was no historical continuous improvement in those specs? It's like Apple taking you for a roller-coaster ride.
46. testman22 posted on 17 Jan 2013, 06:04 1 0
It is getting to the point where there is not much hardware changes apple can do to entice me. Any thinner and lighter than the current ipad would just feel flimsy to me. Sooner or later theyre going to have to overhaul ios because its getting stale and dated