Surprise: here's the All New HTC One / M8 for Verizon
Unlike AT&T’s silver-colored All New HTC One, Verizon’s model comes in dark grey (as you can certainly see above). However, both carriers will probably release the handset in multiple color versions.
Rumors have it that Sprint and T-Mobile will also release HTC’s next generation flagship smartphone. While we haven’t seen these versions (and can’t confirm their existence), we assume that they won’t be too different from the models that are bound to be launched by Verizon and AT&T.
As we told you many times before, HTC is all set to announce the All New One (yes, it looks like this is its final name) on March 25. We’re thinking that the company will want to sell it soon after that. But we’ll see what happens.
6. mail2eswar (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Looks Fake. No Power button on this.
In the earlier leaks also, the grey version didn't had the power button. Means someone took that grey mock-up and added the verizon logo in photoshop.
Even the previous AT&T leak also looks fake to me. In that leak the power button is on the right in the front view and on left side in the side view.
Top and side bazels are completely different in the both the leak.
The real device could be almost similar to these pictures. But these are not official renders.
7. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
this time evleaks will not get it right. those are all fake
15. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I would hate to believe this is the all new HTC ONE this thing has way too much bezel. Its UGLY
19. PBXtech (Posts: 967; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Side bezels don't look that bad and the top/bottom bezels allow for the dual speakers. Good looking phone, IMO.
16. Florin.T (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
These seem to be early renders, that's why some inaccuracies appear. I'm 99.99% sure that "fake" is not a good term to use in the case of these leaks.
31. DrPlasmaPhysics (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
This has already been reported as fake from an HTC rep on pocketnow.
Not only did he say these were poor photoshop pictures, but the physical layout is completely in correct. Lame.
32. DrPlasmaPhysics (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
Indeed @evleaks went to far this time with miss leading us. I just don't understand why? Not like they didn't have the backing of every tech site already. Now were stuck with blatant forgeries and asked ourself why? HTC Rep politely shot the AT&T One (No pun there) down as fake on pocketnow.
39. techaman (unregistered)
power button is on right side above vol rocker.
40. techaman (unregistered)
could be because one is gsm and the other is cdma but i thought i heard htc mention a micro sd slot
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
The silver one didn't really impress me, but this titanium color is absolutely stunning. Amazing how a change of color makes a big difference.
3. vandroid (Posts: 251; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
They keep hash tagging "one up" but "one up" wouldve been a better name for this phone
4. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 55; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
So the Verizon version will have thinner bezels than the ATT One? Lol, these renders all have their little inconsistencies.
5. jcru2001 (Posts: 20; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
You cannot tell in this picture, but the power button/ screen wake button is just above the front facing camera. This is a big deal IMO. That was the goofy ergonomics issue that kept me from using the last One. Basically the same setup as the iPhone now. Looks great in dark grey.
11. NoFanboy (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Hopefully you can rub out the logos like the beats logo on the last One.
10. NoFanboy (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
I'll ask again, is anyone else not bothered by the black bezel after seeing the s5?
20. Kishin (Posts: 582; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I am and the truth is the S5 looks way better than this..
29. Reality_Check (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
IMO this looks way beautiful than the S5, even with that bezel :)
36. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Can't even compare the one and the s5. The one is hands down a gorgeous beast, that has power and design. The s5 just looks like some crap thrown together to try and get something on the shelves for the drones to buy. The HTC is the better phone. Always has been always will be.
38. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3932; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not really. Samsung has their logo stamped under the speaker on the front, why can't HTC have their logo on the front as well? Yes, they both could remove it and make their devices noticeably shorter, but brand recognition is key, and since a lot of users have a case on their phone, a logo on the back isn't enough. If the logo actually has a purpose (notification light, fingerprint scanner, programmable capacitive key, etc.) then I like the placement of it, but if it's there only for branding, I don't mind.
12. cGmC11 (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Well...you can buy a ton of cases on eBay searching " HTC One M8 cases "
17. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yes, this is the color I want. The silver looks good, but this dark grey is perfect! Release the beast already HTC.
22. papss (unregistered)
I agree, the dark one looks so much nicer.. They did a great job on it❕
21. papss (unregistered)
Frak that vzn logo is terrible.. The ATT one looks much nicer.
25. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yeah, that's why I'm glad I will be picking up this beast on AT&T.
24. galanoth (Posts: 299; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Hopefully these are all fake and HTC didn't just add a bottom bezel just for their logo.
27. pwnarena (Posts: 831; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
you complain about xperia z1 bezels?
welcome the champion of bezels. just look at that bottom. you can skate on that!
28. horialin (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
I would like to quote Elaine Bennes: " Fake, fake, fake, fake!"
30. royalsovereign (Posts: 37; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
Another failure from HTC,like every year they wanna show that they have something special but in the end its,HTC FAILED
33. DrPlasmaPhysics (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
One would think there is a certain level of journalistic decorum. The fact that this image and the one for AT&Tversion has been flat out denied by HTC reps add a level of deception on a biblical scale. HTC has publicaly stated they are in talks with Verizon. Verizon at best will see the One May. Black version of HTC One will be a limited model and support a light grey Polly Carbonite inlay. Pocketnow dot com under AT&T HTC One has the full story in the comments section.
35. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
i think this might be news worthy but llabtoofer confirmed that the m8 or whatever it's called will have a snapdragon 801 soc (he didn't say which one).
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5553; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm glad that Verizon is getting a darker colored One variant this time around.
42. thadjudda (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
there's that hideous looking logo from Verizon!