Surprise! Most consumers don't care if they are using iOS, Android or Windows
0. phoneArena 07 Jan 2013, 17:47 posted on
Research company Accenture has come up with some pretty interesting results from its latest study. It wanted to see what part of phone and tablet consumers feel seriously attached to a particular brand or OS, as well as what are the main reasons to make people switch platforms...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lyndon420 (Posts: 1782; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Android works for me. No need to switch in the foreseeable future.
28. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
I agree. Windows works for me. Never moving to anything else!
3. Droiddoes (unregistered)
In fairness, most people (at least the ones I talk to at work where I sell phones) cannot even tell you what phone they have.
"what kind of phone do you have?"
"A T-Mobile phone!"
"Great, what model?"
"T-Mobile! It says right here!"
"K....who makes it?"
"T-Mobile! Are you not listening to me?!"
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8833; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm not sure if they can read, but there's another word that's there - the phone manufacturer.
Lol that was a good laugh. +1
23. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
this is so absolutely true in our country today....level of education keeps dropping by the minute in America...
4. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I bet more than half that say that third line are ios users. ;B
6. cncrim (Posts: 530; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I use to pick IOS until google mature with ICS. And watch out people, I very confidence Ubuntu might take WM and become 3rd OS after android and IOS, even they come in late.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Same here, Ubuntu for phone is really polished and has a lot to offer.
7. Bedz81 (Posts: 59; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
I would only consider a WP8 phone if I could find ALL the apps I use on Android or a close copy, I started the smartphone biz with WM so I'm normally interested in what they offer
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Android is what i choose to STICK WITH FOR LIFE
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
really you wont switch when better and more advanced os's come out in the future
so closed minded
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There will be no other OS that is open like Android!
So wise minded
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh im sorry didnt know you could see into the future
please your closed minded and simple, intellect isnt something you have
os's will evolve die change etc no one knows what will be the next dominant os
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 3114; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
One thing for sure it won't be the iSue OS.
16. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
if your referring to iOS how do you know, dont underestimates apple. they can turn things round like that if they drop the arrogance and changed there strict idealogy crap....which is happening with the ipad mini etc
again no one knows the future so why be closed minded and stick to one that could become outdated fast
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 3114; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
"drop the arrogance and changed..." LOL! Don't hold your breath on that!
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No one does or ever will, but they can all wish it becomes like OS!
Anyway chaoticrazor how is you bro....?
24. andynaija (Posts: 485; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
You need to turn around and pick up some english/grammer books.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Jeezes guys STOP BEING SO DAMN competitive and negative to each other jeezes.
27. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
So ironic I ran into this comment. One of my friends said "iPhone for life" after she dropped it and smashed the screen...
9. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
As an IT guy, most users are stupid in general when it comes to technology, let alone understanding the differences between operating systems weather it be on smartphones or computers
29. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1643; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Same here, I wouldn't exactly call them stupid but i'm sure their are much more important things to know like who got kicked off The Bachelor...
12. jwl3429 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
Easy IT guy most IT guys I have dealt with are stupid when it comes to technology
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Make a nice phone cheap, and they will buy. Plain and simple
25. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
They DO Care!
They always looking other people device and iUser usually trying to shows it's logo to others, so They Did Care!
I only care about if the browser can download from web file hosting such as 4shared, rapidshare, deposit, fileserve, ect; good music experience such as Sony ericsson W705 with accoustic mod and capability to install apps/games to external SDcard so i had my internal memory still large enough to save/do something related to the OS/Firmware the phone have. And I can Copy/Paste/Move/Backup Data, Multi Media between PC-Handset without needs to install something on to the PC first, just plug and play!
For now, Sony Ericsson W705 and Android (I don't care if it is Samsung. Sony, Sony Ericsson, Huawei, HTC, IMO, AllWinner, ect) fit my needs.