Surprise! Apple says there's no heat issue with the new iPad
0. phoneArena 20 Mar 2012, 20:28 posted on
Apple may be doing a few things differently recently, but one thing that hasn't changed in the Tim Cook era is how Apple responds to reports of a potentially widespread problem in one of its products. Recently, there have...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
85. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yes, because Apple themselves said it doesn't heat up, it must be their users hand heating up...
86. vijaysivakula (Posts: 224; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
It is a two-in-one device. You use it as a regular ipad and you can also toast some bread on it. That is an extra feature that the very customer-centric Apple has built in.
87. stealthd (unregistered)
How is 46 degrees C an issue? Is everyone on phonearena taking stupid pills?
88. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Dude, that's the temperature when people are having a fever! How is that not an issue?
91. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
46 C of fever means you're leaving this world soon!
92. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
We're talking about tablet warmth not body temperature
89. xvengence42 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Its like Steve Jobs dies and everyone forgets how to think.
93. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
All the trolls here are funny. Apple didn't say it doesn't run warmer. It said it runs within acceptable limits and from what we see it does. It's not uncomfortable and it's not causing issues. You fandroids want Apple to fail so bad. It must suck to constantly read about how successful Apple is and how happy their customers are.
97. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Just like a happy lemming! lol! There's never any fault in your idol! I own multiple platforms and always laugh how defensive people get over these issues.
I understand Cook's response; not trying to hurt the stock price. If you're not a stock holder, then your response is plain silly. If you are a stock holder, then more power to you. You rock!
96. lvnmsamsng (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Like it or not, the "Apple approach" to problems rarely backfires on them. Sales and Apple mania continue to increase. Not how I prefer them to communicate but it doesn't seem to be affecting their sales.
98. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Their market share has been shrinking (in both mobile phone and tablet arena). They are expected to be surpassed by Android tablet in market share in 2-3yrs.
Don't know if this is a result of the "Apple approach", but they are losing market share!
99. jibraihimi (Posts: 764; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Apple response to over heating issue: " You are charging it in a wrong way".......... :)
100. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
LOL I'm not an apple fan but this heat problem is exaggerated... I read that the iPad heats up to 35C degrees. My Lumia 800 is perfectly fine and it heats up to 54C degrees when charging and playing/browsing!
I have no problems with heat...