Surprise! Another iOS update accused of causing battery drain
0. phoneArena 20 Dec 2012, 20:43 posted on
At this point, it feels more like the iPhone just doesn't have the battery life that Apple claims it does, because it seems like every iOS update gets accused of causing battery drain. When iOS 5 was launched, it was not only accused of causing battery drain, but in a surprise, Apple admitted that it actually was causing battery drain. Then came iOS 6, and iPhone 4S users started complaining about battery drain. It seems that was fixed with iOS 6.0.1, but now with iOS 6.0.2, the calls are coming fresh...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
do these bugs ever stop with iOS!
I mean its older than android and yetit seems like their whole OS is in beta stage! sheesh!
and these supposed updates bring new problems every time they fix old ones...a device like that would be crap for daily use!
8. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
... because Android doesn't have a single problem....
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
You're bang on mate.....absolutely right :D
And truly I have seen a very tiny portion of apps having a bit of problem but that's due due to the amateur segment of developers!
Android on its own is perfect....well at least their entire bloody OS isn't in beta :D
30. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
First of all android 4.2 has these same problems as stated by this article.
Also I 'm on ios 6 and get great battery life. Most people aren't affected.
Also meocat multitasking on iphone hasn't changed since ios 4. This if anything is just a bug. Apple is inculding more advanced features though and kept good battery life ie navigation etc.
40. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
if i had a nickel for everytime an apple fanboy defended apple by saying android has the same bugs...i would be like Tony Stark :D
41. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
If your going to criticize something for having a problem if its legitimate fine. You can't then turn around and praise something for being perfect when it infact has the same problem. The article even stated it but I doubt you read it. That is hypocritical and proves that your are biased and are looking for faults in other ecosystem and ignore it when the ecosystem you arguing for has the same problem. Your being dishonest and you know it.
46. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
you're being accusatory, judgemental, hypocritical and defending...a perfect example of a fanboy :D
31. SIGPRO (Posts: 497; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Android perfect? dude come on, it is the most laggy en slowest os i ever laid my hands on. After my ICS device i will never buy a android device again! It is just not a mature os and it has lot's of bugs.
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
GB is more mature than iOS6 for sure. What can be more lagging than the need to do a 5 finger smooch of screen for every small thing ... Windows loves 3 finger salute and iOS loves 5 finger smooch :)
19. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
There's nothing wrong with my iPad
17. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't think it's bugs mate, Apple is under intense pressure to make big changes to iOS, and iOS must support multitasking sooner or later.
This could be Apple's attempt to add real multitasking to iOS and they may have found out how hard it is.
5. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i wouldn't, Android 4.2 on the Nexus 4 is suffering from battery drain too. although i will laugh at a $600+ phone that isnt as perfect as it claims to be.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yet another problem after problem arises, but Apple fans and users dont care nor bothered.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe as always it will become as users fault?
4. sucram6791 (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Apr 2008)
it'll always have better battery life than android
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Android is on many different smartphones with different battery capacity while iOS is only on few models of iPhone so how can you say that it always have better battery life?
10. bucky (Posts: 1560; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Bad battery for the iPhone is less than 4 hours screen time with everything on. Good battery for android is 3 hours screen time with everything off and babysitting.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
From where did you get those numbers? Just dreamed up from nowhere?
20. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I like how yall 2 didnt induldge the anti Android folks too much...lol. Kudos.
I would like to hear what one of them says about the Maxx phones and battery life. I would even throw the GS3 and One X at them. The DNA too. The RAZR HD's....
45. LionStone (Posts: 465; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Ok...I'll mention that to my buddy who had to use my DROID because his i5 died and couldn't make it into the evening when we went to the football game. Thing is, now with the iDevice w/ LTE, if you're in fringe areas (his work is in a fringe area), you CAN'T download an app (or natively) to drop the radio to 3G so it'll stop searching for LTE! On top of that he didn't have his special lightning cord, (he left it at home) so NO way to charge it on the fly. This happened twice already for him, so now he is getting used to putting it in Airplane mode when he gets down to 10% or so, so he's not left with a dead phone. Two more words...DROID DOES :-)
44. ebubekir26 (Posts: 312; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
dou you even know how powerful the battery is on for example the Galaxy Note II ? since you are in this site now search for 'Samsung Galaxy Note II ' and you will commit suicide
9. GoBears (Posts: 375; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Haha that's because it's so boring you don't want to use it.
13. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
long live the battery
good luck ios fanboy
droid razr maxx hd
P.s.: I can write p.s. for 3 days with all my juice, you might say "iDon't"
15. thunder18 (Posts: 116; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
Perhaps you've not heard of the Razr Maxx?
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's better to call it a worm rather than a bug, eh? :))
29. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
34. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i don't want to explain my point for it will ruin the joke.
But okay, for you. "worm" for a reason that when a worm is found on an apple, it is assumed that it is rotting :(
14. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No problems with me. I updated my ipad mini and still lasted me 12 hours. Basically two days of heavy usage.
21. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
lasted you 12 hours and for heavy usage good for 2 days? wut?
36. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yes meaning that the usage of battery life is 12 hours but i used it 12 hours for two days.
42. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Really? I used for 12 hours but i didn't use it 12 hours on a row. It was for 2 days. So it was on for 48 hours but used it 12 hours.
37. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Why the hell would i lie? It sometimes lasts a little more than 12 hours.
38. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I don't know why I have so many thumbs down because i have no need to lie. But, whatever, this website has always be full of fandroids. I am also a fandroids and apple fan, i just hate to see you guys hating one thing.
18. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I think there isn't much difference between android 4.2 and 4.1 . What 4.2 add are mostly just gimmicks , happy user of android jellybean here
27. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
that's because it is still Jellybean treated with some extra features. just because you don't use those features doesn't mean they are gimmicky.
22. uncskeet (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Im glad this came up because I was just telling my wife even with 6.0.1, the same day PA announced 6.0.2, that I'm noticing battery drains faster than 6.0.1 (I'm a trucker on vacation so had time to test). Originally I had 9 hours on super heavy usage, then 6 3/4 after 6.0.1, & now, 5 1/2 (I'm consistently using it for my things & all times are averaged). I hope a fix come because iOS is for me the only great way to go.
23. uncskeet (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Typo in the beginning. I meant it also drain worse from 6 to 6.0.1.
26. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I am not having a battery problem with my battery
32. windy (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I don't have any problems on my iP5. Even I can say that the battery is more durable with the last update.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This is what happens when Apple really has to work rather than "Yap".