Surgeon and accomplices go behind bars for shocking 'kidney-for-iPad' surgery
0. phoneArena 04 Dec 2012, 03:33 posted on
A year and a half after the shocking revelation that an organized group has helped a Chinese teenager sell his kidney for an iPad in April 2011…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
If you cannot afford one, don't buy it... Your life is much more important than the others...
Just because your friends has one doesn't mean you need to obligate the trend... Don't be like them, don't be a spoilt brat, be yourselves, and make your mama proud :D
12. metalpoet (unregistered)
typical iSh**p! trading a kydney for some ridiculous tablet. wow!
2. F5AllMobileWebsite (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
for an ipad1?then how is he going to buy the ipad4? geez
3. jopancy (Posts: 74; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
if you buy an already outdated ipad2 with ur kidney, and risked dying, it shows the level of intelligence of this particular youth. No matter how "cool" something is, is it worth risking ur life for it? If he had died, who would have played with the ipad, his corpse??
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3297; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
This would have been a much better news if Apple had compensated all the expenses they boy had lost, mind you there's no price to what he has lost.
And the surgeons...they should be sentenced to HELL!!
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
China the comunist? Don't even think about it :(
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Everything is weird at china
7. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
probably gonna sell his brains to a hungry zombie for the ipad mini... that is if he has any
8. angelesmec (unregistered)
iPads can be replaced your kidney can't.. Although we have 2 of them, having only one means overload in it's workload.. I can't believe he done that just for an over priced piece of junk. This applies too to other devices though not junk as Apple products but still not worth it to exchange your kidney.
9. xfire99 (Posts: 659; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Old news. In China there are alot peoples selling theirs own "body parts" for money. Not only for buying a Ipad.
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2892; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
this whole story probably gave apple an idea for a financing plan for their macs, iphones, and ipads.
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Those criminals deserve to go behind bars for deceiving that poor kid! What happened to that boy now anyway?
15. lolol (Posts: 64; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
:O thats just sad, wish that person had money to buy a brain first
16. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
people sell their lungs for cigarettes but no one seems to think that's wrong.
You could probably live longer with one kidney than lungs full of tar, so I think this is an injustice