Supposed iPhone 5 screen demoed on video: taller, thinner
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:50
One thing you can’t complain about is iPhone news, rumors and legal twists. And here is another one that looks very legitimate. ETrade Supply got their hands on the glass…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. McJobs posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:55 16 8
This Is Going To Change Everything – All Over Again.
51. levvy posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:01 2 5
Hell, yeahhh!!! . This is Going To Change Mr. McJobs and Every freaking Apple Minds- All Over again.
Best Of Luck
56. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:22 4 1
According to the new screen, the question is, does in evolution iPhone owners fingers will become longer ??? :)
2. frydaexiii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:56 26 9
Haha, trying to beat the Galaxy SIII with that is like bringing a sword to a gunfight. Classy, but still outdated and useless against guns.
24. frydaexiii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:55 20 3
Yeah, probably high since I called the iPhone "classy".
28. gallitoking posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:11 3 16
and I bet PA is not doing a thing to control your trolling...
30. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:13 16 2
Because PhoneArena is busy with your trollings. ;)
27. PhoneArenaUser posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:10 6 1
And what about you?
Use full words instead of single letters, because now it looks like you are on drugs...
45. lyndon420 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 12:20 2 2
Oh oh...look out it's Shino. Do you people know who he is? He knows people, he has connections, goes through all the right channels. He's about to have this site punished for being unprofessional. I contacted your village for you shino...they said to come home.
52. levvy posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:05 2 1
No He's not on iDrugs but some delicious Juices to think better than some freak Apple iMinds
53. levvy posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:14 7 3
iPhone = > Swords used by Knights Roman Empire
Galaxy S3=> EMP (ElectroMagnetic Pulse) Weapon
Thumbs up if you agree
3. Synack posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:01 14 6
Apple is so stupid. This will make the phone look horrendous.
22. darkkjedii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:38 8 9
I hardly think apple is stupid. Far too successful of a company to b stupid.
25. alchemyduelist posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:00 9 4
Well, the era of Steve Jobs is over. They will fall, eventually.
39. TheLibertine posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:37 4 6
Total agree. Gave you a thumb down by accident.
42. lyndon420 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:51 6 2
Yup...very successful company indeed. They have their customers right where they want them - under control and oblivious.
47. TheLibertine posted on 03 Aug 2012, 12:33 2 4
Google to a much higher degree, judging by the comments.
49. VonRondo posted on 03 Aug 2012, 12:53 2 2
I couldn't agree more. With the large bezel at the top and bottom, combined with a tall 16:9 aspect ratio, the phone will be hideous. I sure hope for Apple's sake that all these images and rumors are incorrect.
Go to a 4" screen with current 3:2 aspect ratio and the phone will look great and sell like hotcakes. Ball is in your court Apple. Screw it up, or do it right??
6. frydaexiii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:06 19 7
Haha, more like : "Now you can have 1 MORE extra row of apps in each homescreen! It's never been done on any iPhone before! Revolutionary!"
23. darkkjedii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:39 3 4
Well for the iPhone that would b revolutionary. Think about what u jus said dude.
55. EclipseGSX posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:19 2 2
Yea I suppose 1 more row IS a drastic change for stale Apple iOS
7. andro. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:07 5 1
The phone really does look horribly elongated and out of proportion. If all these leaks are correct we have an iphone 4$ part deux it looks like. 3 years in a row with essentially the exact same phone design and software can sure not appease drooling ifans can it?
8. frydaexiii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:09 9 1
Well, according to other tech sites, this simple elongation & re-positioning the camera and earphone jack is considered a "major design change". So yeah, like I've said before, Apple could re-release the 1st gen iPhone as the new iPhone and iFans will still buy it.
9. Synack posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:10 7 1
Yes it's technically major, but it still looks like the same boring ass phone that debuted in 2010. It's a stretched phone from 2010, yawn.
13. andro. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:29 2 1
I suppose considering apples incremental change policy and also the fact that the iphone 4 and iphone 4$ are literally the same exact same phone only name rebranded,any change whatsoever in the 'new' iphone would probably be consider a 'big design change'!!!
21. viper1983 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:36 1 4
Yes, it should more like the samsung phones, which also all look like the iPhone since 2007.
33. andro. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:20 2 2
Well it turns out they actually look like their early predecessor like the Samsung F700 of 2006 ;-)
66. viper1983 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 17:14 0 2
You mean that fat phone with the slider?
68. andro. posted on 03 Aug 2012, 18:32 1 0
Yes it had a slider,as for fat phones in those days all handsets were chunky by todays standards. The Samsung f700 was 15mm thick,the Iphone which came out a year after it was still a considerable thickness at almost 12mm. If you really want to judge by thickness then the current iphone is in the beefier categories.
70. viper1983 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 20:15 0 0
So it was 20% thinner?
76. levvy posted on 05 Aug 2012, 16:30 0 0
35. lauremar posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:22 2 1
With this design, Apple could call it iPhone 4S XL... "XL" for Extra long, haha
77. levvy posted on 05 Aug 2012, 16:37 1 0
dude think about the growth. Its been several years but Apple's id**ks for iLadies only grew barely some mm larger. Shame!!!! how the women are even isatisfied???
62. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 16:26 0 0
I can't agree. When I first heard that they were expanding the screen in only one dimension, I thought it would look ridiculous. But seeing the actual phone (allegedly) in photos, it doesn't look bad. I think the 4s was one of the nicest looking phone out, and I think what I've seen is pretty good looking, too.
Of course, look is secondary for me, I'm more concerned with power and performance and flexibility, and this is where Apple always loses me.
63. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 16:29 0 0
He's probably afraid of leaving fingerprints, and having the Apple jack booted thugs identifying themselves as police kicking in his door.
14. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:29 2 0
front camera position seems awkward, also the digitizer is too long, it's like a remote
15. Smart posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:31 7 3
hell yeah.....bought the galaxy s3 today......feels surreal...........
suck on that "new iphone"
19. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:35 8 4
6 months later, there'll be an article on iPhonearena, "Apple Sold 30 Million iPhone 5 this quarter"
18. hung2900 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:34 0 6
Apple: previous 3.5 inch screen is perfect for everyone to touch everywhere with the thumb finger. And now, you can still reach any corner on the new 4 inch screen because it's thinner. It's a new INNOVATION.
58. kunyuk posted on 03 Aug 2012, 13:40 1 3
Yes it's very perfect for girls
78. levvy posted on 05 Aug 2012, 16:41 0 0
How it could even be good for women, since women prefers larger idiicckks.
20. Shino posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:35 2 8
U bought Samsung>? So u r not that ''Smart'', anyway. :) I also bought smth from them: microwave, coffe machine aand oh yeah, a dishwasher. I'm not satisfied at all.
26. Roomaku posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:00 1 1
I bet this is fake. The camera above the mic looks dumb. As long as Apple doesn't say the new iPhone is revolutionary I'll be fine with it. I mean it's still going to be a good phone.
32. Heatfan316 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:17 2 2
No not really iPhones have poor call quality so how is it going to be a good phone?
43. Roomaku posted on 03 Aug 2012, 12:10 0 0
I mean who does that anymore? Just kiding yeah that might be a problem but it's unlikely Apple will want to repeat the fiasco with the iPhone 4, the 4S had better calling quality so the new iPhone should be better. I mean yeah other phones are better, well phones, but the iPhone offers a good smartphone experience for a lot of people.
64. tedkord posted on 03 Aug 2012, 16:32 0 0
What fiasco? There was no fiasco. What fiasco are you talking about? Nothing happened. There was a small, isolated issue with users holding their phone wrong, but that was corrected by a rubber bumper which forced them to hold it right.
31. lauremar posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:17 3 1
iFail if Apple goes with this rumored design. Mark my word...
34. speckledapple posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:21 0 0
I could write who cares but then why would I post about it? lol
How bout we just wait till it actually comes out shall we.
36. AndroidShiz posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:24 0 0
And all the people who swore up and down that 3.5 is the"perfect size", even typing up long winded blogs defending its size, are selling their current iPhone beverage coasters on eBay with time ending to bid in 5...4...3...2
37. gallitoking posted on 03 Aug 2012, 11:28 2 7
nice job PA.... for controlling the trolling around here.. but I will be easy on you guys and will limit myself. to a few comments... let the trolls continue