Supposed Samsung Galaxy S IV appears on video and it's a China-bound dual-SIM version
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:42
Another day, another Samsung Galaxy S IV leak. This time, though, the supposed Galaxy S IV makes an appearance on video and it is the same dual-SIM version…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zippolite28 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 03:57 53
If this is SG4 then i would say SXZ and HTC 1 Looks much better in looks
16. KINGJUAN27 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:09 19
Your S4 is of no match with the dust/water resistant + sleek and elegant + durable glass body of SONY Xperia Z! Neither with the aluminum case of HTC One! No. Not a chance evaaaar! ;D
The bitter truth is haaard to accept. So go on waiting for your plastic inelegant phone! :PPP
42. linneti15 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:49 21
ugh too many sony fanboys here nowadays.. the sony xperia z isn't that great dude. 2012 processor (while still good, isn't the best for a flagship 2013), washout screen with low contrast and terrible black levels and less than spectacular viewing angles. you need to open a flap for every port and tbh i dont see the point in going underwater with your smartphone too much. the sony android skin is a bit buggy and isn't as smooth as touchwiz or even sense 5. glass on the back will also shatter easily (dragontail glass is only on the front, standard gorilla glass on the back) and lastly the build isn't very ergonomic
44. linneti15 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:53 10
personally im digging either the gs4 or the htc one.. leaning towards the one more i think. htc one's screen is on the whole better, speakers are awesome, best front facing camera and decent back (could be better i admit), ingenious and nice software features which aren't gimmicky at all. build quality and design is spectacular (better than xperia z imo) and snapdragon 600 is the new processor king. is there any contest? htc one > xperia z. I even think the xperia zl is better than the z
69. sintruder posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:19 5
and don't forget htc one will support open gl es 3.0 games with it's adreno 320 while the s4 will not.The s4 is not future proof at all as we'll start seeing games made with open gl es 3.0 games end of 2013!!
78. feres13 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:48 3
Actually The S4, if it has the SGX544MP will dupport OpenGL 3.0. At least my iPad does with it's SGX544MP4.
95. TylerGrunter posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:59 6
Wow! So you have the ONLY iPad in the world that supports OpenGL 3.0 then? I'm officially impressed, as SGX544 does NOT support OpenGL 3.0, neither does SGX554, only PowerVR 6 (Rogue) does...
104. feres13 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 10:47 3
My mistake, it actually doesn't.
93. pyradark posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:48 1
Hahaha full of reason just to cover the ugliest S4, Dude Xperia Z is made for fun and unexpected accident. Sure hardware is outdated but million of people doesnt care, as long there is quadcore on specs its fine. Same as display, people will choose elegant design than chep O plastic, millions doesnt even care with the quality of display, as long as they can watch, text and surf and play they be fine.
111. pritam.paul.360 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 12:12 0
quote: "millions don't care about processor". "millions don't care about displays"
and still they buy a phone priced a fortune! you gotta be drunk or something saying those words....
110. voxmarc posted on 12 Mar 2013, 12:06 1
your experia Z is no match to S4's confirmed specs octa 5410 and PowerVR SXG 544 graphics....you can dip all day long your device while we enjoy the power and smoothness of s4...and i love plastic...cheaper to replace and no worries....
116. rgxVOiD posted on 12 Mar 2013, 21:43 0
Its quad and if you want to enjoy the smoothness, get Windows Phone
8. tech2 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:03 11
I have my doubts for this being the real deal.
if you look at the several phone covers leak over the past week, on comparing, the flash and speaker are not placed as can be seen from the covers in which they are placed to the left and right of the camera !
and if any rumours could be trusted then it should be from these phone cover company because they receive the cover specification from Samsung. Many of such company are even ready to give a refund if the cover does not fit your GS4.
Also the placement of the speaker might cause difficulty for right-handed as they might block the speaker when holding !
But thats only my guesswork ! :)
30. zippolite28 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:31 1
y would we say other android phones looks better than s4 :P
39. pwnarena posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:45 2
i also don't think that's real. if the s4 uses samoled, the display shouldn't be that bland. the htc one display looks better than that and it's not even oled.
105. SleepingOz posted on 12 Mar 2013, 11:02 0
32. zippolite28 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:33 0
Using Samsun and want SAMSUNG to look even more better than any other :)
24. AnTuTu posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:25 5
If this is S4 then I am done and will go with HTC one :( but why Sammy :( even though I don't wanna believe but these freakin videos :(
79. _Bone_ posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:50 0
It does feature a HUGE BATTERY though which may be a bigger factor than the form. Look at the comparison with the S3:
26. dickwyn posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:28 0
Brigthen the image by 150% and it'll look like thishttps://www.facebook.com/photo
.php?fbid=485084014873475&set= a.464190840296126.125249.45959 9404088603&type=1&theater
63. Smart posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:11 1
though I love Samsung's innovation they bring to each phone but if this turns out to be galaxy s4 then i may just have to go with htc one this time.....
No offence but isnt samsung just being too generic with cheap plastic or even polycarbonate......
this is the king of all smartphones for pete's sake.......I just find it very difficult to digest that smasung wouldn't care about our persistent request with choice of material.......
Samsung please dont disappoint us...we have a lot of expectation from your 14th March event......
68. nostarwhere posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:18 2
Sony Z looks ugly and HTC 1 ridiculous. So Galaxy 4 should not be worse than them when it comes to looks. Talk it down whatever u Sammy haters like, the G4 will be the next best seller. If only I can afford its high price!
81. feres13 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:51 4
Why do you think that the One is ridiculous. And if you think that this piece of flimzy cheap ugly shinny thin cheap plastic is nicer looking than the Xperia Z, then i'm sorry but you're wrong
90. SamsungFan posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:24 2
I don't care about plastic a removable back cover and top notch hardware is enough for me. ..
114. zuckerboy posted on 12 Mar 2013, 14:06 0
yeap . i dont know why samsung use this design ( if this is real gs4 ).
2. emadshiny posted on 12 Mar 2013, 03:58 29
another disappointment for Samboys.
Sammy is following the footsteps of apple.
20. XperiaUser posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:17 1
apple is gonna sue to sammy once again coz they are just going to increase the size of its next generation smartphone just like apple did with iphone5 ;)
84. voxmarc posted on 12 Mar 2013, 07:19 4
care to tell me what are the other disappointments?
113. WHoyton1 (limited) 5 days ago posted on 12 Mar 2013, 12:45 0
And how is this a dissapointment? Come on did you seriously extra ext something incredible in looks why's? Everyone knows Sammy's strengths are in software!
54. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:30 5
Apple commercial playing in the background ..oh the irony
5. xperiaDROID (limited) 6 days ago posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:01 18
Let's hope that this isn't the real SIV, if it is, everybody will be painfully disappointed :(
10. PhoneArena. (banned) posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:05 1
But it shows the Cpu, Ram, and everthing.... This could be for china, but international may be different. Wo knows?
118. TechTel posted on 13 Mar 2013, 07:32 0
I've just check the IMEI in an online DB and it belongs to an iPhone 4.
I hope so........
6. PhoneArena. (banned) posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:02 12
Please don't let this be true. This is ugly and to long.
61. _Bone_ posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:09 0
Looks like a prototype, they usually test new HW & features in old form factor. Why would a Chinese dude have an SIV 6 weeks before launch, one before unveiling? The SW isn't very snappy so it also proves it's an early version, but in the end a bezel-less S3 isn't that bad really, we got used to it by now, if you didn't, you'll buy something else. It's the features that will matter.
7. DirtySoul posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:02 2
Again, I say - this is not AMOLED, dial screen is white. They always make it black on AMOLEDs to save the battery.
11. Esf_Kid posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:05 5
don't disappoint me Sammy.
im already tired of my S3 and you're making your new flagship with exactly the same boring design? WTF
58. darac posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:52 2
If you are putting design ahead of the technology and functionality, well then you're not a rational person.
And not a true smartphone fan
88. izim1 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 08:13 3
So you'd buy a heartshaped smartphone so long as it had the latest tech?
100. Esf_Kid posted on 12 Mar 2013, 10:07 2
don't be fanboy
i have GS3 right now alongside flagship from other brands.
but you know what, maybe at first you say internal beauty is more than external one (what i said about S3) but after a few month you start noticing its bad design more than before and start blaming yourself for buying such an ugly phone. i love the performance of my S3 but after 5 month im getting bored of its design and feel/
12. clevername posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:06 1
Well Sammy said they are focused more on user experience than hardware this time around. Too bad. I mean aesthetically too bad. Good for the software.
anyone else a little weirded out by the "making the iPad" soundtrack in the background?
14. tiara6918 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:09 2
Looks like a galaxy s 3 for me,same old design Sammy,how disappointing I was wishing they would go back on how they made the s1 and s2
17. darkskoliro posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:10 0
istevencom does some great detailed reviews. If you understand chinese you should go check it out! Some videos are insanely pleasing to watch because of the depth.
18. voxmarc posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:15 8
they never had any history of repeating their design...i hope this is not the first...because if they do so... i will definitely buy s4...love the s3 design and form...repeating the design will be absolutely fine.......and the updates...next to google...
19. feres13 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:16 0
Has anybody been able to see how many mAh the battery is in this video
21. avin007 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:19 11
The device has cheap written all over it......sammy fanboys i'm sorry
49. maccess posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:08 6
we don't care kid.. we love the technology beneath the "plastic"
23. Ranj-1989 posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:25 2
If this is the real SIV..so i believe they should decrease from 100 million units to 10 million...
59. darac posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:07 2
I mean, its not like the all plastic, "cheap and ugly" S3 is still outselling all other high end androids and Nokias combined.
Getting my point?
25. Technobri posted on 12 Mar 2013, 04:25 0
If this is the s4..Than its unfortunate.. S4 should have been square.. Square looks more elegant in my opinion.. Even if it were plastic.
60. darac posted on 12 Mar 2013, 06:08 3
Yeah, because square is so original, and easier to hold, right?