Stuff fanboys say, Android edition (video)
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2012, 02:27 posted on
After the stuff that Apple fans say about their iDevices, now it is time for Android users to get parodied in a hilarious video. Talking points like widgets, standard ports, larger screens and pricing get bandied about as any self-respecting fanboy would know and use against the archenemy with the fruit logo on the back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 336; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"Even the magazine is twice the price." lol........because this is not an ordinary magazine,its more than a magazine.....lol.....
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
great proud Android fanboy LOL (will his GF dump him?)
31. TylerGrunter (Posts: 703; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It's because it was a "Retina" magazine!
24. CellularNinja (Posts: 259; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Yeah that was a good laugh. I say those things all the time :)
3. Seymur (unregistered)
This is how I see PA users.
25. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
so you are seeing yourself, too? you are in PA, right?
44. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
defintely agree. It's so interesting how everything they say is some way related to the iPhone. So whiny
4. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Everything started looking true until Steve Jobs came up. The Android community doesn't see Steve Jobs in the way this guy shows it, it's more like "Steve Jobs? who's that?" or "Steve Jobs is a fagg*t."
27. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Let me also add on to the fact that if you have an Android device and never bothered with anything from XDA, you're not a part of the Android community. You're in the same boat as the uneducated. You don't have the credentials to defend Android nor attack iOS.
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 1473; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Comments are views. I don't think anyone need to defend his or her views.
48. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Well, you got the defensive part "all figured out."
Yet didn't bother with the offensive part.
39. jroc74 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
No thumbs down, but you dont have to even know what an xda is to be a part of the Android community.
Thats one of the problems within the Android community. Its either root/ROM or go home. Android isnt defined by rooting, custom ROMs, hacks. Its defined as a very customizable OS out the box. IMO...
I rarely visit xda anymore...and I consider other forums more a part of the Android community as a whole. XDA is a section of the Android community.
49. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
"Android isnt defined by rooting, custom ROMs, hacks. Its defined as a very customizable OS out the box."
And then there was guests and admins of PCs.
The guest moves the program.
The admin installs/removes the program.
Of course if you dig deeper, the developer creates the program.
Of course developers have their own community, but XDA is the biggest gateway of them all.
5. predator93 (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Android is the only mobile OS right now where there are fan wars within the environment (Sony vs Samsung vs HTC) I doubt whether windows phone 8 will have a similar situation (Maybe Nokia fans).
29. BadAssAbe (Posts: 433; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Maybe true but thats whats great about android :-) Not one phone is right,
Samsung galaxy S2
LG Optimus G
We Choose whats best for us!
Not some company who claims their phone is perfect
40. jroc74 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is so true. Android has OEM vs OEM, app vs app, custom ROM vs custom ROM, root/ROOM vs non root/ROM, etc with the fans, users.
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
"what are the specs?" TRULY AN ANDROID FAN WILL SAY THAT! :D
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
and Apple user will say- "Oh Where is the Logo? Is it clearly visible? "
33. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
idk what apple fanboys you hang out with. Although, when I owned a samsung I made sure to put it in an otterbox to hide the crapy build quality.
46. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
u reaally think that I as an Android liker would hang out with apple fanboys???
23. bbblader (Posts: 520; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
but the cameraphone part was a lie the samsung gsiii may be one of the best but not the best at that part
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6190; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It's a good parody. It made me smile. Of course, it should be pointed out that the Fandroid is in a stable relationship already, whereas the iFanboy spent half of each of his videos trying to get into a girl's pants, and possibly putting her OS preference above his attraction to her, whereas the Fandroid at least limits himself to snarking about IOS while he lays in bed with his girl. It should also be noted that it would take him being otherwise awesome for the girl to put up with his annoying behavior in the video.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1097; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I love how that android fan boy was bashing apple! I think we can agree of mostly what he said.
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
hahaha it reminds me of that TROLL guy here on PA.
12. someones4 (Posts: 607; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
this is so cool. I like the "bluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluh" part.
" how much is your phone?"
"how big is the screen?"
"Does it have a micro sd slot?"
"does it have bluetooth?"
13. doubler86 (Posts: 292; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
lol I agree with this up to 0.46 seconds. I have been guilty of more than one of those sayings. After that though he just sounds like a whiny douche, or in other words, an Apple user.
Oh ya and Rooting definitely qualifies as amazingly hot pillow talk.
35. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
oh beleive me, I work at Sprint and the VAST mayority of whiny douches are the Android crowd.
Whenever I activate an iPhone that customer never comes back complaining. Sell an Android and be ready to provide tech support for the entire 2 year contract.
Get a job at AT&T, Verizon Sprint... it will open your eyes to the real world ;)
43. quickweevil (Posts: 49; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Yes, yes, yes... a thousand times yes! I work at Verizon and very rarely do iPhone customers come back... Android phones are 50/50.
47. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Higher standards? Umm i think you have it backwards. IPhone users are by far more picky. When I see a customer is picky I dont bother showing them android phones or they will be back in a few days complaining about "force close", battery life, pulling battery to reset when frozen. Only android fans can put up with that.
14. Whateverman (Posts: 3059; Member since: 17 May 2009)
This one was okay, but not as fanny as the iPhone version. I got a few that should have made the list...
1. Where's my update?!?
2. The iPhone is boring.
3. I need an SD card slot"
5. It's only slower because it's running Flash!
6. Damn it! Locked boot loader!
7. I hate bloatware!
And everyone's favorite...
16. enGet (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I've owned three Android devices in the last two years and two of them were unable to connect to a WiFi connection without using a static IP address. That's pretty low-tech.
Google "Android device must have static IP address to connect to wifi" to see how many people have the same problem.
However, I hate Apple as much as anyone (maybe more, I used to work for them in the 90s), but at least their phones don't need to use static IPs...
I'll probably be lookign at Win 8 phones this fall for my next purchase... close my eyes, grit my teeth and shell out for th Nokia 920...
22. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Can you mention the models of these three devices?
41. jroc74 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Seeing as how I had a Droid 1, Droid X1, G Nex, Rezound, RAZR, and now RAZR Maxx HD and never had this problem....
I will assume it was the phones you had.
42. jroc74 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
What I do see, is Sony Android phones have alot of these complaints. I believe it seeing as how my 360 hasnt had any internet issues over the past 4 years, and my PS3 has been messing up for the past 2 years. Granted its the 80GB Metal Gear system but still...
17. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
As a wp user i have been a victim of many such comments, have some simpathy lol, cool video, the iphone one was better though :-P
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5421; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
let me root your phone. lol, that's me. xD
funny stuff, funny stuff.
19. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
This is awesome! xD
I personally don't have as many "hater-isms" as the guy in the video, but I used to be almost as bad as this.
However, I do always ask to see the Android phones that my friends have so I can do a bunch of tweaking. They are reluctant at first, but they end up loving it, haha.
21. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Sad part is the people who made this video are Apple lovers.
Every single video they've uploaded revolves around Apple. Nice try fagg*ts.
32. nwright94 (unregistered)
Get over yourself, they made one for android fans to bash on, they're just made for humor. And just because someone doesn't use android doesn't make them a faggot, stop being so elitist. You're just like the apple fans "it's not an apple so it sucks therefore you suck" except replace apple with android.
26. JunitoNH (Posts: 646; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol that was too funny. Honestly, most geeks look like the guy, minus the girlfriend.
28. Fuego84 (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 May 2012)
The imagine video was funnier this didn't make me laugh once.
30. shnibz (Posts: 147; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
This dude comes across as annoying as some of the brainless purely "fan" based comments that go up on PA. Well done