Stuff fanboys say, Android edition (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:27
After the stuff that Apple fans say about their iDevices, now it is time for Android users to get parodied in a hilarious video. Talking points like widgets, standard ports, larger screens and pricing get bandied about as any self-respecting fanboy would know and use against the archenemy with the fruit logo on the back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:39 28 1
"Even the magazine is twice the price." lol........because this is not an ordinary magazine,its more than a magazine.....lol.....
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:22 2 11
great proud Android fanboy LOL (will his GF dump him?)
24. CellularNinja posted on 24 Oct 2012, 05:43 3 0
Yeah that was a good laugh. I say those things all the time :)
25. bayusuputra posted on 24 Oct 2012, 06:02 11 0
so you are seeing yourself, too? you are in PA, right?
44. E.N. posted on 24 Oct 2012, 22:09 0 0
defintely agree. It's so interesting how everything they say is some way related to the iPhone. So whiny
4. p0rkguy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:43 7 16
Everything started looking true until Steve Jobs came up. The Android community doesn't see Steve Jobs in the way this guy shows it, it's more like "Steve Jobs? who's that?" or "Steve Jobs is a fagg*t."
27. p0rkguy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 07:50 1 1
Let me also add on to the fact that if you have an Android device and never bothered with anything from XDA, you're not a part of the Android community. You're in the same boat as the uneducated. You don't have the credentials to defend Android nor attack iOS.
38. joey_sfb posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:11 0 0
Comments are views. I don't think anyone need to defend his or her views.
48. p0rkguy posted on 26 Oct 2012, 14:52 0 0
Well, you got the defensive part "all figured out."
Yet didn't bother with the offensive part.
39. jroc74 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:13 0 0
No thumbs down, but you dont have to even know what an xda is to be a part of the Android community.
Thats one of the problems within the Android community. Its either root/ROM or go home. Android isnt defined by rooting, custom ROMs, hacks. Its defined as a very customizable OS out the box. IMO...
I rarely visit xda anymore...and I consider other forums more a part of the Android community as a whole. XDA is a section of the Android community.
49. p0rkguy posted on 26 Oct 2012, 15:12 0 0
"Android isnt defined by rooting, custom ROMs, hacks. Its defined as a very customizable OS out the box."
And then there was guests and admins of PCs.
The guest moves the program.
The admin installs/removes the program.
Of course if you dig deeper, the developer creates the program.
Of course developers have their own community, but XDA is the biggest gateway of them all.
5. predator93 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:45 12 4
Android is the only mobile OS right now where there are fan wars within the environment (Sony vs Samsung vs HTC) I doubt whether windows phone 8 will have a similar situation (Maybe Nokia fans).
29. BadAssAbe posted on 24 Oct 2012, 07:57 4 0
Maybe true but thats whats great about android :-) Not one phone is right,
Samsung galaxy S2
LG Optimus G
We Choose whats best for us!
Not some company who claims their phone is perfect
40. jroc74 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:14 0 0
This is so true. Android has OEM vs OEM, app vs app, custom ROM vs custom ROM, root/ROOM vs non root/ROM, etc with the fans, users.
6. neutralguy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:48 20 3
"what are the specs?" TRULY AN ANDROID FAN WILL SAY THAT! :D
9. kartik4u98 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:12 20 4
and Apple user will say- "Oh Where is the Logo? Is it clearly visible? "
33. 305Bucko posted on 24 Oct 2012, 10:47 1 1
idk what apple fanboys you hang out with. Although, when I owned a samsung I made sure to put it in an otterbox to hide the crapy build quality.
46. kartik4u98 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 14:19 0 0
u reaally think that I as an Android liker would hang out with apple fanboys???
23. bbblader posted on 24 Oct 2012, 05:05 4 0
but the cameraphone part was a lie the samsung gsiii may be one of the best but not the best at that part
7. Sniggly posted on 24 Oct 2012, 02:52 14 1
It's a good parody. It made me smile. Of course, it should be pointed out that the Fandroid is in a stable relationship already, whereas the iFanboy spent half of each of his videos trying to get into a girl's pants, and possibly putting her OS preference above his attraction to her, whereas the Fandroid at least limits himself to snarking about IOS while he lays in bed with his girl. It should also be noted that it would take him being otherwise awesome for the girl to put up with his annoying behavior in the video.
8. tiara6918 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:08 7 1
I love how that android fan boy was bashing apple! I think we can agree of mostly what he said.
10. Bluesky02 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:21 3 0
hahaha it reminds me of that TROLL guy here on PA.
12. someones4 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:26 6 0
this is so cool. I like the "bluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluhbluh" part.
" how much is your phone?"
"how big is the screen?"
"Does it have a micro sd slot?"
"does it have bluetooth?"
13. doubler86 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:32 1 2
lol I agree with this up to 0.46 seconds. I have been guilty of more than one of those sayings. After that though he just sounds like a whiny douche, or in other words, an Apple user.
Oh ya and Rooting definitely qualifies as amazingly hot pillow talk.
35. 305Bucko posted on 24 Oct 2012, 10:57 1 0
oh beleive me, I work at Sprint and the VAST mayority of whiny douches are the Android crowd.
Whenever I activate an iPhone that customer never comes back complaining. Sell an Android and be ready to provide tech support for the entire 2 year contract.
Get a job at AT&T, Verizon Sprint... it will open your eyes to the real world ;)
43. quickweevil posted on 24 Oct 2012, 20:06 1 0
Yes, yes, yes... a thousand times yes! I work at Verizon and very rarely do iPhone customers come back... Android phones are 50/50.
47. 305Bucko posted on 26 Oct 2012, 08:25 0 0
Higher standards? Umm i think you have it backwards. IPhone users are by far more picky. When I see a customer is picky I dont bother showing them android phones or they will be back in a few days complaining about "force close", battery life, pulling battery to reset when frozen. Only android fans can put up with that.
14. Whateverman posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:42 4 0
This one was okay, but not as fanny as the iPhone version. I got a few that should have made the list...
1. Where's my update?!?
2. The iPhone is boring.
3. I need an SD card slot"
5. It's only slower because it's running Flash!
6. Damn it! Locked boot loader!
7. I hate bloatware!
And everyone's favorite...
16. enGet posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:53 1 1
I've owned three Android devices in the last two years and two of them were unable to connect to a WiFi connection without using a static IP address. That's pretty low-tech.
Google "Android device must have static IP address to connect to wifi" to see how many people have the same problem.
However, I hate Apple as much as anyone (maybe more, I used to work for them in the 90s), but at least their phones don't need to use static IPs...
I'll probably be lookign at Win 8 phones this fall for my next purchase... close my eyes, grit my teeth and shell out for th Nokia 920...
22. p0rkguy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 04:37 3 1
Can you mention the models of these three devices?
41. jroc74 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:20 0 0
Seeing as how I had a Droid 1, Droid X1, G Nex, Rezound, RAZR, and now RAZR Maxx HD and never had this problem....
I will assume it was the phones you had.
42. jroc74 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:27 0 0
What I do see, is Sony Android phones have alot of these complaints. I believe it seeing as how my 360 hasnt had any internet issues over the past 4 years, and my PS3 has been messing up for the past 2 years. Granted its the 80GB Metal Gear system but still...
17. ogy_dogy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 03:54 2 1
As a wp user i have been a victim of many such comments, have some simpathy lol, cool video, the iphone one was better though :-P
18. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Oct 2012, 04:07 2 0
let me root your phone. lol, that's me. xD
funny stuff, funny stuff.
19. Non_Sequitur posted on 24 Oct 2012, 04:18 1 0
This is awesome! xD
I personally don't have as many "hater-isms" as the guy in the video, but I used to be almost as bad as this.
However, I do always ask to see the Android phones that my friends have so I can do a bunch of tweaking. They are reluctant at first, but they end up loving it, haha.
21. p0rkguy posted on 24 Oct 2012, 04:35 1 2
Sad part is the people who made this video are Apple lovers.
Every single video they've uploaded revolves around Apple. Nice try fagg*ts.
32. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 09:37 2 0
Get over yourself, they made one for android fans to bash on, they're just made for humor. And just because someone doesn't use android doesn't make them a faggot, stop being so elitist. You're just like the apple fans "it's not an apple so it sucks therefore you suck" except replace apple with android.
26. JunitoNH posted on 24 Oct 2012, 07:05 2 0
Lol that was too funny. Honestly, most geeks look like the guy, minus the girlfriend.
28. Fuego84 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 07:52 0 0
The imagine video was funnier this didn't make me laugh once.
30. shnibz posted on 24 Oct 2012, 08:00 2 0
This dude comes across as annoying as some of the brainless purely "fan" based comments that go up on PA. Well done