Study shows that it costs $1.36 to charge an Apple iPad over the course of a year
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:19
It costs more to order an ice cream cone than it does to recharge an Apple iPad over the course of a year according to a study done by the Electric Power Research Institute, a non-profit group funded by electric utilities...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:21 2 1
I love that picture. Mr. Electricity as I am calling him looks BOSS!
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:22 10 0
Didn't you all have an article about this less than a month ago?
12. androidsbiggestfan posted on 12 Jul 2012, 17:20 1 0
Apparently the news is so slow they don't have anything else to report on, so they must re-post old news that no one really cares about anyways!
4. Ravail posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:23 0 0
I must say that quotes about the cost of a Desktop PC over the course of a year might be correct for a lower end PC.. but when you have a 1200 Watt PSU.. it might tip the balance a little lol.
6. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:31 0 0
It kind of depends on the cost of the electricity. $0.1149 is lifeline rate in northern CA. Very few consumers in northern CA are at the lifeline billing level. Still, the usage metric is encouraging. I wonder how other smartphones compare.
7. remtothemax posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:40 0 0
probably not as well because there aren't a bunch of people mocking apple
or many everyone is just the same so there is nothing to argue about on this point?
8. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Jul 2012, 13:48 0 0
I would expect handsets with larger batteries to have higher consumption (dual core CPUs, higher clock rate). The iPhone 4S has something like a 1200 or 1300 mAh battery, the GS III has I think a 1700 or 1800 mAh battery, for comparison.
14. sgogeta4 posted on 12 Jul 2012, 22:40 0 0
But at the same time you would charge a larger battery less assuming it drains battery at the same rate. The real question we should ask is what are the operational power consumption of the devices.
11. sarb009 posted on 12 Jul 2012, 15:18 2 0
same article again ? phonearena didnt u have any other way/news to do advertisement for craple for today's quota ?
13. BomberXL posted on 12 Jul 2012, 19:54 0 0
and you find more than that in random change found in the couch or on the ground throughout the year.