Study shows Apple iPhone to be 300% more reliable than Samsung models
0. phoneArena 22 Feb 2013, 12:02 posted on
A study done by FixYa, a community based online tech support site, shows that the Apple iPhone is the most reliable smartphone on the market based on a scoring system; Apple score showed the iPhone to be 300% more reliable than handsets produced by Korean based Samsung and 2500% more reliable than the phones produced by Motorola...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
- There is a bunch of different screen problems like a flickering, bad screen sensitivity, even yellow marks on the screen or flashing.
- There is bunch of complaints about antenna problems.
- There is complaints about scracthes and dents out of the box.
- There is complaints about Ambient Light Sensor problems.
- There is complaints about various sound problems.
- There is complaints about purple tints in pictures (a.k.a. "Purpel Halo").
- There is complaints about iPhone 5 scratches out of the box.
- There is complaints about WiFi problems.
- There is complaints about keyboard problems.
- There is even a problem called "Light Leak".
- There is glitch called "Rapid Diagonal Swiping".
- There is complaints abou soft, bendy frame.
- There is bug called "Do Not Disturb" which is still not fixed.
I even not talking about Apple Maps problems. Also look what is happening at the moment, Apple is releasing update after update to fix some bugs, but they are even unable to do that properly because each update in exchange just brings few more bugs...
So much mess for a SINGLE device - iPhone 5 !!!
And study shows that Apple iPhone to be 300% more reliable ???
Yeah, right "study"... :D
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Please mention the cracks along the sides of the GS3, and the one's between the speaker and camera. Ohhh, and the 3 month bricking problem Samsung had to fix... Just to name a few.
152. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
"The scoring was based on 722,558 combined problems and found that the Apple iPhone was the most reliable smartphone with a score about 300% higher than the runner-up, Samsung."
You're spewing off information that has affected a small minority of iPhone 5 owners. Your bias is showing by the way. That survey is way more credible than any Android, Apple, or other fanboy troll. WE KNOW ALL FANBOYS DEFEND THEIR FAVORITE PRODUCTS TO THE DEATH.
45. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Here's a fix: everyone go to fixya's website and put in complaints for any issue you can think of iphone-related. It'll skew the results closer to reality from these baloney statistics
61. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
This article is a shame! I wont you iphonearena to remove it! Its not fair to Sammy! Samsung have the faster and most reliable octacore processor!
Studies has shown that everyone att phonearena is working for apple!!!
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude LMAOOOOO!!! Slow down, and type better... Please???
72. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
Only people without arguments are complaining about typing! Maybe you should buy an Sammy GS3! Why are u hating Sammy som much!!???
77. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Buy an Sammy? How about buy a Sammy. Also I'm not hating on Sammy som much, and I don't need an S3... I have the Note 2 to go along with my iPhone 5. I simply corrected you, so you wouldn't continue to type like a 3 year old dude. I do not hate Sammy, as a matter of fact I'm a huge Samsung fan. However Samsung isn't perfect, and it's device's do have their fair share of problem's/issue's.
92. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Yeah, u r 1 2 tlk m i rite? I am thoroughly convinced you just learned how to spell and form a coherent sentence last month. And then threw that right out the window.
153. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
YOU DO REALIZE THAT OCTACORE ISN'T IN THE S3!? Please present some real facts to your arguments.
97. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
This study is bunk, How can they even compare a Company like Samsung to a company like apple? Apple has what 6 devices, while Samsung has over a hundred I'm sure. So this is a pointless article enough said. But hey it shows the iphone coming out on top so iphonearena publishes it.
2. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
no antennagate? well i guess they were holding the iphones as instructed by apple...
16. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
why people belive so much in apple???
even if you bought it spend money on buying cases and accesories of it and repair it frequently...you can buy so many great android phones in money spending on icrap......
and remember how a women got imirror as ipad for the buying it low...........
any way you are right no one is perfect even apple.....
76. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
This must be an conspiracy against Sammy! Im having a s3 for 3 weeks and have never had any problems! Iphonearena!?!
Alan is an Applefanboy!! I can't take this site serious anymore!
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Kudos to Apple.
And suck on that, to Nokia trolls/Samsung haters
5. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Are you saying suck on that to people who hate Samsung?
19. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yes, because this shows Samsung is more reliable than Nokia and other non-Apple brands
4. windroid (unregistered)
A phone with 23% of their screen cracked is more reliable?
27. stealthd (unregistered)
It's the same glass on every smartphone, and since other brands have been trending towards larger screens, larger screen = larger surface area = easier to break. I've seen just as many cracked Evo's and Droids as iPhones, probably more.
80. Commentator (Posts: 3701; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Your comment is useless without statistics on Samsung phones as well, FYI.
154. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
So people's clumsiness is Apple's fault? Also other people use that same Corning Gorilla glass as well, so that's Corning's problem.
6. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
This is bs study....I have many friends that have iphones almost all and they all complain about freezing, battery life, and their phone breaking having to pay extra for repairs.
40. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Holding the lock button and home button together for 10-12 seconds to unfreeze and iphone is something which we have to do for customers many many times a week.
81. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Awwwww shutup! You read the article, 300% sonnn!!!
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Well they only make one phone, it better be reliable.
8. digitalw (Posts: 65; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
How a "Lack Of New Feautures" or or "non-removable bloatware" can be connected to reliability?
So if, i'm not wrong, then Darc, u r wrong :) And how apple managed to do this score when 25% of iPhones have a sreen that is cracked?!
Those statistics are puted wrong.
Just like: If you eat eggs, you will die in plain crash. Why? Statics shows that every pilot of a plane, at least once in their live has consumed an egg!
30. ojdidit84 (Posts: 458; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I was thinking the same thing myself. Most of the things listed have absolutely nothing to do with how reliable a phone is. This "study" is pretty pointless.