Study: Apple iPhone saves T-Mobile from losing up to 400,000 customers
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2013, 21:17 posted on
A report from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners suggests that if it weren't for the Apple iPhone making its long awaited appearance on T-Mobile's line-up, the carrier would have lost 300,000 to 400,000 current subscribers to other operators that offer the phone; the actual figure could have been much higher...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kozza3 (Posts: 581; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i would love iPhones if they were different, i don't understand how people just settle for the way they are now...
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 13842; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's a phone dude, not everyone is spec driven. Apples target demographic is the mainstream consumer, they couldn't care less about specs. They just want a phone that works, and provides a rich end user experience.
4. a_tumiwa (Posts: 336; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
it`s not just a spec, but their design and feature are not much improve too , they dont offer something big new. i dont know the reason to upgrade the iphone if i use the older one because the older one is also "just work".
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
If you don't care about specs then why would you ever upgrade your iphone. I mean you are getting the same software as the new versions.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 13842; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're speaking as a techie Shatter. My point was about the mainstream consumer, which you are not. You know tons more than them.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 13842; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Also people upgrade their phones for a lot of reasons. Wear and tear over the course of a year, exclusive features, like Siri on the 4S which looked like the 4, as well as others.
24. kozza3 (Posts: 581; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i never said anything about specs and i wont even get started there but iphones are just so boring you always stuck with whatever apple decides you like yea ios 7 made some real changes but it just seems like one of those things you can get in any color as long as its black
34. McLTE (Posts: 720; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Dark Jedi is right.. most people just don't care. Period.
They want a cute phone that works and does the same thing their friends friend does - so they can struggle with how to work the phone together - and they all want the SAME calorie counting apps!
You wouldn't believe how many people I talk to about tech stuff that buy things just because a friend has one - completely uneducated decision, just purchasing because Becky and Sammy has one and they say it's cool.
And yes, those same people upgrade too. I work with a gal who has an iPhone 4s - she is talking about wanting to upgrade it when the contract is up because hers seems a bit "tired". asking if she'd done anything to help performance like a reset or uninstall unused apps - she says with a screwed up face "well then I'd lose stuff!"
35. gagdude (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
the "just works" argument is so old now. android's ICS UI overhaul deprecated "just works" as it brought the user friendliness of android up to par of iOS.
heck even before, it is much easier to drag n' drop a pdf from your computer to an android device, while it would take hours of headache on iOS (if its even possible)
so does iOS "just work?" hardly. this is a bs statement
33. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
People are simply not smart
52% of US population don't mind Prism
US people don't mind murdered US soldiers in Iraq because of intentional lie about mass destruction weapons existence in Iraq by US gov
And they don't mind even this product from 1990:
goo (dot) gl/Wlry5S
It's really just the proof they are able to buy even a sh*t from Apple :-)
6. Emmanuelz (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
T-mobiles line up is great they have every high end device.
15. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Except the Lumia 1020, Optimus Pro, and a few others I can't think of right now.
18. Emmanuelz (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Lumia phones dont sell anyways. People dont like windows phones. Optimus pro isnt a popular phone. Remember we need to think like an average user they are going to purchase the top phones in the market. They are not aware of the stuff we know
7. 1113douglas (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
i dont really understand why people choose iphones over galaxies their is so much less to do on it, and the galaxy is the same price.
8. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 461; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Because not everyone likes galaxy phones! Using your logic, we should all get Samsung galaxy's and have zero variety.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 13842; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Choice only matters to 1113douglas, when that choice is android. In the real world, people buy what they want/like...choice.
22. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Every time I visit to tmo, most of the people want iphone are girly, senior citizen, teenager, there are some adult male, a body builder figure using Apple iphone.
Sometimes I just wondering those adult male, and ask myself are they really men, or. ... soft gender! !!
29. quakan (Posts: 1247; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Picking an iPhone says that much about a person? Wow tell me more Confucius.
25. Bernoulli (Posts: 2010; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Because not all of us want a phone built in China that feels cheap in hands and lags
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The iphone is built in China! What you mean. Samsung is from Korea.
30. Bernoulli (Posts: 2010; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
But it is built in China, retard, I didn't say where the company is based, but in any case, iphone or sammys cheaply made products are not everyone's cup of tea
32. willard12 (Posts: 969; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Exactly. Cheaply made products are not everyone's cup of tea. I guess that's why the GSIV outsells the iPhone by itself. It costs more to make. So, your iPhone is the cheaply made product.
36. Bernoulli (Posts: 2010; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
My iphone? Lol and by cheap I mean the way they feel, at least an iPhone feels sturdier than sammys gs4, hell they're both cheap-feel phones
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
ya right. Sprint is basically going bankrupt because of iPhone deal. TMobile will suffer a similar fate. Going into bed with Apple only has one on top, the ugly beatch named fappleasia
16. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I could see sprint failing, but T-Mobile has some good stuff going for it. Faster LTE rollout, JUMP, no contracts, cheaper rates, better reception and call quality than sprint (where the networks overlap), and a better selection of phones, among other things. Though they did get rid of that Carly chick, apparently?
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 3718; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Any deal that don't make money suck! A deal that would wipe out the company cash reserve is horrific!
What is Sprint CEO thinking when he signed the deal with Apple!
He should have waited for a better deal with Apple or give better discount to other phones.
11. trixie (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
I love iPhone all the way!Go Apple be on top again!
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 13842; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It never stopped being on top, it's simply been joined by some very good android devices.
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 1577; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
iPhone for me everything else sucks
26. Bernoulli (Posts: 2010; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Good for you, 808 PureView for me, everything else sucks (and it does)
20. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1364; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
APPLE is the reason how t-mobile got that much customers..wow.
21. rallyguy (Posts: 604; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Polls are very unrealizable. Also, like every other carrier, how many millions of dollars did they loose to offer the iphone.?
23. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
The iPhone didn't keep me with T-Mobile. I switched over to them last week and quickly switched back to AT&T. Their data speeds suck in Cleveland Ohio.
28. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The only reason i carry a iphone is because... I LOVE MY iMAC... The best desktop computer ever... Go Apple.
31. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
undeniably great phone, the iphone 5 still is the yardstick the new phone will be compared to. wether you like it or not. i like my htc one, i even used a galaxy s3 (well, traded it for an xperia zl) but hey i still can't stop using an iphone 5. it's a break from all the customizations of an android phone. as much as i'm beginning to embrace android now than before, an idevice really feels snappier even compared to quadcore beasts from other brands. i only really wish it to be a bit bigger sort of like a 4.7 inches screen.