x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече

Storm pricing and release date are set

0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2008, 14:13 posted on

Verizon spills the beans on the pricing and release date of the Storm...

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 13:34

That is also why VZW is the most profitable Wireless company. Its smart business. Sure Verizon could drop the price of their plans, but people dont have a problem paying an extra $40 for Verizon's unl. Premium plan, so why change it and lose money?

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 22:48

they would hardly be "losing money"

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 22:49

if I want a PDA device for the pda functions and dont want the internet I shouldnt have to pay for something I dont want

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 00:06

if you want a PDA device for the PDA function, then go buy a Palm Pilot.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 10:53

Hey homie #83 I have to disagree I have worked for all major carriers and a few not so major. In regards to Sprint and Verizon having IDENTICAL coverage as you so eliquently wrote, is wrong. If you have a Blackberry 8830 from Sprint and one from Verizon you will indeed notice that the Verizon one works better and I'm not just saying this because I work for Verizon some of my best friends work for Sprint and we compare coverage, and you can tell that Verizon's internet is much faster and you just don't drop calls with Verizon. So yes on a coverage map Sprint and Verizon appear to have the same coverage but when you get down to brass tacts, Verizon is simply put better, trust me it took me a while to believe it but its true, get a Sprint and Verizon phone, same model and use them I mean really use them make calls all over the place and always connect to the internet and you will see a difference. I'm not trying to make anybody look bad or belittle anyone. I am just letting people know from my personal experience. . . AMJ

posted on 17 Nov 2008, 16:40

I can understand making small errors due to rapid typing, but "absorbant"??? You mean exorbitant? Which means extreme, or high. Or are you just high while you're typing?

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 16:31

20. kevin k (unregistered)

I must confess confusion as to just how much the actual SERVICE for the Storm will cost. There seem to have been so many recent plan/pricing changes of late. I don't use my phone a great deal for calls, but E-MAIL ACCESS, WEB BROWSING, and NAVIGATION are real important to me. Anyone? What will a Storm plan cost me??? Thanks!

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 16:41

the basic data plan will be 29.99 for regular US data usage. this is the normal data plan itself not including messaging or VZ naigatoror global roaming or anything like that bundled.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 16:43

and if you combine it with a regular basic calling plan(39.99), your looking at approx $70 a month before taxes messaging any any other features you choose to add.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:40

just sell your house and you should have enough money

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 13:36

$160 a month will get you unlimited everything, including Nav.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 16:57

Iqnore everyone above me because they are missing you question. If you want the basic 450 with unlimited internet it will be 69.99.. if you want vz its an extra 9.99 a month but honestly google maps is free and as long as you can read it works pretty darn well..

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 16:38

#20 $54.99 unlimited data ,email, and txt messaging..no voice plan. This is a DATA ONLY plan. Enjoy the STORM !

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 17:25

cant compare this phone with the iphone because one is for business and one is more multimedia fun for young ppl...well at least you cannot compare them entirely, they are in a different genre so to speak

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:40

35. Midnight (unregistered)

the storm isnt just for business. it plays music and video like the iPhone, has a 3.2 mp camera that actually records video unlike the iphone and g1, it also has a full HTML web browser and full HTML push email. social tools like facebook and flickr support built in, Blackberry Messenger and other IM services. this phone really can be for just about everyone.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 08:19

66. WirelessRep (unregistered)

It is for everyone! RIM designed this phone tho break the mold of the stigma that Blackberry's are just for corporate users. After 45 mintues of playing with Build Number 86 last night, I saw that they have achieved this. And yes...I did say build number 86. The Touchscreen on the STORM is crazy on point. Their new SureType technology is just sick wit it. This phone has everything the typical BLACKBERRY users would want and everything else that the average joe needs. My ONLY complaint. The web browser could have been a bit more interactive. Now I gurantee you that there will be NO glitches on the day of release. We have already tested our systems with mock sales and performance tests for all reps. This is why Big Red is the shizzzzle and will kill the iPhone-izzzlle. Good day

posted on 18 Nov 2008, 21:36

i played with build 90 something in the store today.... love that screen. i think my next upgrade is decidided already. a touchscreen querty i can actually use! i didnt think it would ever happen! The haters out there will be major haters when they actually play with it.... Iwhat? you have a Iphone? that antique?

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 17:27

i love how all the vzw fanboys are saying the iphone is going away... the number one selling phone isnt going to disappear overnight, especially when the storm is still a blackberry, and nothing more... albeit the iphone is a glorified ipod, there are thousands of apps available that the iphone has, which is a solid jump over storm dedicated apps... both can coexist just fine... an iphone for one, and a storm for another.... i hate all the vzw fanboys who jump on here and start spewing garbage out of their computers... this is a great phone, but like every phone out there, its just a phone... no need to get hyped up over it... its not a flag that you swear allegiance to, or a deity that you pray to...

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 17:33

Verizon has to cripple the team that put policies in their handsets selection There is nothing revolutionary about the phone except it’s a mimic or a copy of the iphone lacking a lot of features 528 mhz processor, not 624 mhz, neutered, matter of fact they have chosen a cheaper cpu pxa930 instead of the powerful pxa320 (samsung omnia) which can be over clocked to a 806mhz (pxa320 has 256 kb l2 cache and a 768 kb 3d frame buffer) Not vga, only half the revolution! When they thought of the resolution, they saw the iphone as the limit, there is no creativity (this would prove that it’s copying) No wide screen format to play movies nicely, only square 4:3 aspect ratio, they forgot to copy that. No infrared port No flash support No bluetooth v2.1 *no video acceleration, u have to pay for data plans but u cant play online games! *no led, regular tft lcd *no 16.7 millions true colors like the iphone, * no wimax, don’t even dream about it *no wifi, no streaming (u will be charged to watch movie, u can’t watch internet tv wwitv.com or even listen to internet radio), 5gb=$29.0, 6gb=$290.0, 7gb=$2900.0 ...carrier wealth and gain depends on your overage. Watching you tube movies is fun and fast and free in wifi, you even can’t synchronies contacts with computer without wifi No high number of channels of polyphonic (32 channels only) ringtones typically 72 Pages are slow to load and render and zoom/pan operations were slow and jerky no matter what the software version is, it will be in beta till after one year at least. Not really built for multi tasking only small memory even it has big rom also not enough ram No 8-megapixel camera No stereo microphone No stereo loudspeaker No hdmi No electronic dictionary, No buz card recognition No finger print reader Its not cheaper than the iphone There is nothing revolutionary Apple should name their new iphone Tornado, 32gb iphone HD with 800×480p display at 202dpi and with 802.11n wifi or could be wimax

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 17:48

Do you have any idea how many things you got wrong in that? Grants some are right, but some are wrong. If you're going to come off like a complete douche at least be a RIGHT douche. Now you just come off as a complete douche. When it comes down to it, the storm does more than what the iphone does. Hell, a ton of phones do more what the iphone does. This phone is better. Just get over it, move on, it had to happen someday.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:23

since when did the iphone come in a 8 meg camera uber douche

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:32

all these iphone ppl NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to STOP!!!!!!! jerking off to their freaking iphone

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:54

39. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

HAHA ive seen people do it too LOL!!! yea and lets make a list of all the things the iphone doesnt have that most phones do!

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:43

yup. VZW is crippled. the Storm will suck. There isn't one thing about it that is good *sarcasm* I mean really how high can your freakin expectations be? Call me crazy, but the iPhone doesn't have half that stuff either. hmm...

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 23:18

Maybe next iPhone should take Storm's old name Thunder and strike you in the head to make yourself realize how retarded you look typing out features of your dream phone which by the time they build that phone it might look like the ol' a$$ phone that Zack Morris had from Save By The Bell

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:26

you will be able to use the Storm for multimedia usage and it'll come with an 8g memory card included and with 1g of internal memory, so all you iphone lovers get over your selves already you phone is old ..........

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 18:52

Iphone is old news... All it is now is trendy to carry the damn thing.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:43

the iPhones is still good though, who cares if it is "old news"

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 19:00

did anyone tried the interface yet, cause you can download it from blackberry's site. too bad the phone don't have wifi and also you are forced to get a data plan. other then that this would be a great phone.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 19:08

The storm will sell because it's a Verizon Phone... I don't have an iPhone because it's on ATT, but I'll transfer to Verizon for the Storm.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 20:33

I heard it was compatible with I-tunes. is it?

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 20:47

Yes Sir!!!!!!!

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:16

44. Jyakotu (unregistered)

Hm...there are springs behind the touch screen right? I wonder how long until Verizon bulls back sales of the storm because of faulty springs. xD

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 21:44

what the hell are you talking about

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 22:20

springs? are people really as stupid as #31. he lists about 20 things NO PHONE does...and then he eeps harping on wi fi. Here is an update re re....your precious little I phone NEEDS wifi support because att 3g is not going to hold a candle to VZW 3g coverage.

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 23:11

spring...there are no springs on the phone...contrary to what people think the screen isnt a botton. i thought that as well until i actually used it...the screen is just a screen

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 23:15

he's just dreaming...LOL..someone take a needle and pop his bubble please...

posted on 13 Nov 2008, 23:35

Is this phone coming out on Sprint?

posted on 16 Nov 2008, 12:27

seriously!!! have you heard all the talk of it being on ther verizon network... do some research before you ask a stupid question.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 06:31

63. BIG RED (unregistered)

Does anyone know if the Storm will have an app store like the G1 or Iphone? Meaning a place to download tools and apps from 3rd parties besides the tools available from Verizon? And b4 I get gangraped by people thinking I am an Iphone buttboy...Relax. I have Verizon and am not going anywhere. it's just a question. Thanx in advance.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 06:47

I have the storm brother and it has an app store up with about 25 apps right now...and this is pre launch

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 08:53

I don't believe the app store is running yet, but blackberry will have an app store.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 13:46

81. BIG RED (unregistered)

Thanks! I appreciate the insight.....is there a site I can see the apps that are available pre-launch? Thanks in advance.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 08:56

Does anyone know what kind of screen the Storm has, capacitive (like the iphone) or resistive(like the Voyager & Omnia)?

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 11:01

capacitive

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 11:10

Really? Where did you get that info?

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 11:40

OK, I found an article that says it has a capacitve screen: http://www.wirelessdesignasia.com/article-9389-rimenterstouchscreenmarketwithblackberrystorm-Asi a.html

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 09:31

You know what I find to be funny, is the fact that most of the people that talked all that crap about the iPhone being keyboardless were Blackberyy users. Now that blackberry has a touch screen keyboard it seems like its the next best thing since sliced bread. I think people need to stop being so ignorant. I for one have an iPhone but now that the Blackberry Bold is out on at&t I plan on getting that too since I love Blackberry. Also, maybe everyone should stop praising a phone that has yet to be released. Just because the phone states to have tons of features doesnt mean the phone will be great. Dont forget the iPhone does have a killer web browser and to be honest the pinch and zoom feature is really great. I like other phones too but I have kept my current apple because of that feature. If the Blackberry incorporates features like that to their web browser I will be sold. BUT ONLY AFTER I SEE AND PLAY WITH THE ACTUAL PHONE!!!! NOT LIKE MOST OF YOU THAT ARE GOING OFF OF WHAT YOU THINK IT WILL BE LIKE.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 17:28

87. anynomous (unregistered)

FINALLY! The storm is coming out :) Does anyone know how much my total would be a month including the house phone and internet?

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 18:25

The Iphone requires a data plan at $30/month too. And VZW 3G network covers 85% of the country... AT&T is less than 3%. Take a look at 3G coverage on AT&T (the map won't load lol). VZW has a comparison on their page of VZW/ATT coverage for 3G.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 20:30

90. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

actually the comparison map is out of date it is from august 15! and if you look at at&t's 3g coverage map, they are doing a pretty good job catching up!! they have coverage in oklahoma city where verizon doesnt also in parts of texas where verizon doesnt.

posted on 14 Nov 2008, 20:17

Do you know you guys are talking about cellphones? cellphones, cellphones. WOW

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 06:20

95. BIG RED (unregistered)

Does anyone know if the Storm will be able to send pix messages? Sounds stupid but for all its hype the iphone cant even do that without having to log onto a website.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 07:18

Yes it can.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 07:46

97. BIG RED (unregistered)

What about Vcast service? I currently have it on my Voyager but I notice that Verizon Blackberry's in the past have disable Vcast? Will the Storm allow Vcast video or just the music? Thanx in advance.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 16:58

104. vzw fanboy (unregistered)

i have the voyager and i wonder the same thing? i hate my voyager, it is boring., do you like urs?

posted on 17 Nov 2008, 13:01

114. BIG RED (unregistered)

I do find my Voyager boring. I mean I like the screen and Vcast service but it seems like its lacking something. I dunno maybe its just me.

posted on 17 Nov 2008, 15:25

116. vzw fanman (unregistered)

i totally agree.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 08:54

99. VZW Employee (unregistered)

Wow I guess the "STORM" is causing a "STORM"! November 21st is the official release date as of now... Limited quanity in store so most of the purchases of the "STORM" will be shipped to customers.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 10:08

I had a chance to get hands on with this device yesterday and it is flat out amazing. The way the touch/click of the screen works is sick!!!!! The display quality and sound are also astounding. There is a lag in it when opening applications and when you tilt the screen but those are supposed to be worked out by the time the "acutal" phone hits the stores. The iphone is a neat device but anyone who says the Storm won't take its place is dead wrong...wait until you use it and you will change your tune quickly. And remember...ITS THE NETWORK!