Storm 2, Touch Pro2, Omnia II and possibly the Pre - all in Verizon's inventory database
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2009, 04:02 posted on
Some of the hottest smartphones lately have emerged in Big Red’s database, along with two mysterious Palm devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
Touch Pro2 release date? Hurry up already Verizon!
2. allboutverizon (Posts: 66; Member since: 20 May 2009)
No, let hem take their time. Cause then they'll release it trying to rush push it, and it'll have a million software issues. lol I am looking at the TP2 or the Storm 2.
3. jskrenes (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Most of these aren't really much of a surprise, but it is nice to see they're coming, hopefully sooner than later. I'm running out of phones to sell in my store...
5. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
yeah, I really don't know what they're going to do come September 8th, if they don't release more smartphones. I mean, you seriously mean to tell me that someone's going to pay $99 for the Rogue if the Omnia, Ozone, TP1, and Diamond are still available for $99 or less? Then again, if those drop from availability, they're only going to have the Samsung Saga, Ozone, and a BB's. Not much of a selection if you ask me.
9. MR521 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
I heard that this phone should be coming out in October. What do you know about this? I ask you cuz you tipped PA. Oh and another thing, do you think VZW will give out any info if I call and ask them about any of these phones?
11. secondcor517 (Posts: 94; Member since: 06 Oct 2008)
Snapdude, You better watch yourself. If VZW finds out who you are, you can look forward to being promoted to a customer.
26. phonephonatic (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Verizon Has been Alerted of this forum, please be careful what you post
7. JC_Agga (Posts: 36; Member since: 24 Aug 2009)
I'm dying to spend my money already. I want to have it before i go to school. Which is on Sep 8th!!! arghhh but most likely, i'm going to buy Tp2, even though i hate Verizon's green/red color for call/end button....
8. jtuck87 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Aug 2009)
There was a storm 2 that was actually sold on eBay yesterday. It went for over $1100.
13. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I bet it was shipped from china with a decent looking version of S60 to emulate RIM's OS... Or it is a test model with tons of defects... what a waste of money.... and they say we're still in a recession when people blow 1100.00 on a stupid phone... Until a phone can hold 2gb Ram, a 124ssd, and house an nvidia 3D graphics accellerator I would never spend over 1k for it.
15. allboutverizon (Posts: 66; Member since: 20 May 2009)
Ebay acutally pulled that, RIM demand from what I heard.
10. meyranchick210 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Aug 2009)
It sux we can see the store the netace shots came from snapdude...not cool
16. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
ckeegan, how much is it going to cost own that Touch Pro 2, Omni II, Storm 2 or especially the Pre compared to Sprint
21. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
HOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID TO CHOKE DOWN SPRINT GARBAGE AND COME BLABBING YOUR CRAP IN EVERY VERIZON TOPIC?
22. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
I do it for free, what was done here is akin to how you trash Sprint. The difference being I speak truth in savings
24. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
Savings in what? Not every one needs the everything, seems like a rip off to charge someone the same for data when you have a regular phone vs. a PDA.
18. VZWProductTestr (Posts: 56; Member since: 03 Jul 2009)
Hey guys, Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Busy family life! Anyways, I have recently had the new Google phone made by HTC. It will be called "HTC Desire". The model is the 6200 if anyone wants to link FCC info.
19. bono30 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Aug 2009)
So what happened to those O2 pics that you were getting?
20. VZWProductTestr (Posts: 56; Member since: 03 Jul 2009)
I did my best but after some of the Storm 2 leaked videos, they have alot of restrictions for any type of recording devices anywhere near any of the new phones. Sorry guys, next time I won't get everyones hopes up until I have the pics.
25. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
Papa, meet me in the forums or the other story about the proposed plan changes