Stock Android Samsung Galaxy S4 is almost like a Nexus experience, but not exactly
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 02:51 posted on
We are not big fans of the vague word that is ‘fragmentation’ around here, especially when it is applied only to Android. Matter of fact is fragmentation…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Nexus s4 mo better 13 mp photosphere and mo free space...
10. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Will the Photosphere be in S4(Google Edition)? anyone can confirm this? As I know that S4 do not have Photosphere(or S-Orb), correct me if I'm wrong.
49. ph00ny (Posts: 1246; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Um don't they both use the same 13mp sensor and stock android means same space usage? as for photosphere, stock android?
11. jove39 (Posts: 1879; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
N4 is better value for money...S4 rocks latest hardware.
21. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
dont tell me that .....in my country N4 sells for $600.....So Nexus S4 is my ultimate choice .bang for the Buck ...Now i can have SD Card support & Get Fast Android Version update like Nexus devices ...Woooo Hooooo !!!!
45. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
IF you live in the US you can buy a nexus 4 for with 16gb storage for $350. As far as we know the S4 nexus is $650.
44. atsamman (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
But I think that if google will sell the galaxy s4 as a nexus device it will definitely drop down in the price cause it will not have any of that pre installed software by samsung
27. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Its not even comparable.
S4 over N4:
- a 0.5 inches more of the effective size of sharper, far superior screen.
- much better camera.
- longer battery endurance
- removable battery
- SD card slot
- better processor
- loads of sensors
- glove sensitive screen
- superior sound quality output(external source, not the speakers)..in fact is has the CLEAREST AUDIO OUTPUT EVER MEASURED IN A SMARTPHONE(check out GSArena review) and can give you a true audiophile experience if you use a high end headsets
29. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
S4 is a Samsung phone, will stay away from it. Nexus 4 is better still, LG build quality is better.
36. cse.vicky (unregistered)
You forgot price !
42. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Is this kinda like the rumored 'Nexus' certification program awhile ago? I think that would take Android to the next level for us hard core users.. Morw Nexus's, more choices :)
46. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Only the international S4 has the good audio output, the US has the same audio chip as the HTC One and boths audio outputs are pretty crappy compared to a Wolfson chip.
33. taikucing (unregistered)
go home, you're drunk
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The problem is, by the time it's out, the TouchWiz version will be sub-$600 so a Nexus coming more expensive than the regular will very hard to swallow. Pure Android is half of the Nexus charm, price point is the other. This would make sense around... well $500 at the highest.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Even though the 'Nexus' Galaxy S4 has no on-screen buttons, it's okay, what's the big deal, at least we still have a physical home button and two capacitive buttons, and this is not a full Nexus smartphone, it's just a (half-Nexus)Galaxy S4 with stock Android.
And we won't miss the quick access to Google Now, because there's a Google search widget on the home screen, just tap the Microphone on the right side and you can access to Google Now.
19. tech2 (Posts: 3468; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Also, you can program the home button (via app) for double tap to Google Now
4. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
This article is useless, like really? Come on now.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
What about the usable free space?
15. NightFelix (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
I think would be same like the Nexus4, S4 16gb would be come with usable of 12-13gb of free space
6. belovedson (Posts: 991; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
victor let me inform you a little about the gs2 series on. that button... yes that squarish one can be programmed.
in other words if a developer or if google wanted they can simply allow pressing and holding the button down for 2 seconds to go straight into google now.
this technique actually makes it easier to access the feature. i used it all the time when i had a gs3
28. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
THE S3 AND S4 CAN OPEN GOOGLE NOW VIA THE LONG PRESS OF THE LEFT CAPACITIVE BUTTON
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
No touchwiz greatly appreciated and now stock android.weehoooo..
8. jromy (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Scrambling for something to post as news? Kinda sad really.