Steve Jobs talks iTunes and iPod with Dr. Dre in this video
The rumored Apple-Beats Audio deal is expected to be announced this week with Apple expected to pay $3.2 billion for the company. This would be the largest acquisition in Apple history.
Getting back to the video, Dre talks about his latest album with Jobs inquiring about when it will be ready for iTunes. Dre also congratulates Jobs on the introduction of the iPod. We're not sure how the good Doctor felt abut hearing his music referred to as "stuff" by Jobs, but when the deal is announced this coming week, as expected, we know who will be having the last laugh.
source: YouTube, 9to5Mac via RedmondPie
1. SupermanayrB (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
This is news.....................................
that I saw on another phone blog......
2 days ago.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 11990; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It was news enough to garner a response outta u
5. Sauce (unregistered)
11. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hey did you watch streets of fire?! Malcolm Merlyn was amazing! Until he died :-\ also, it was great to see ravager :-)
18. Sauce (unregistered)
Nooooooooo lmao. Im watching it right now haha. At 22:32 lol.
19. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Oops sorry I hope I didn't spoil anything. Oh God I kinda did! Sorry man!
24. Sauce (unregistered)
Its all good haha
25. SupermanayrB (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Thought I'd help them out since I was the first one to click the article.
27. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple articles have always generates post more than Android posts
And we all know why
32. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well go on sista' ... you go!!!! (____)
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3422; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Imagine how horrible would have been the audio quality of iPods if they used overrated beats hardware. And how expensive....
6. Ninetysix (Posts: 1661; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Hi..I'm a fandroid. This is how my brain works.
HTC adds beats audio to their phones = OMG..can't wait! Going to sound awesome!
Apple adds beats audio to their phones = They are going to sound horrible..lulz!!! overrated POS.
7. Sauce (unregistered)
Lmao I know right. They'll do everything they can do to add distaste to Apple and their success that EVERY tech company envies.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3422; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Haha very funny. Ex-owner of ipod nano and ipod touch here.
10. maherk (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Not every "fandroid" think in the same way. I am an android loyalist and I don't see myself going back to iOS anytime soon, mainly because of their stupid iTunes, but that doesn't make me an Apple hater, I always anticipate their products because in one way or another they always set a trend, whether it is the color choices, memory choices, their boxes, and revolutionizing the whole smartphone industry. I do hate their patent wars, because Apple does also copy from their competitors (notification bar and quick toggles for example) which I don't find it a bad thing to do, car manufacturers always do it and that leads to a better overall product for us the consumers. I think this year, with a bigger screen and a slight change in the design, the iPhone will set a new bar for others to reach and will break records in sales like the iP5 and iP4 did before.
28. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 151; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I don't know who you are but we think alike. I personally won't own an ios simply because no sd cards, iTunes and small screen size but I agree with you on this.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3422; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Mr. Traitor i wasnt trolling at all.
15. Miracles (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Beats were horrible from the start...it doesnt matter which company is using them....just an overhyped company that sells overpriced garbage.
20. tedkord (Posts: 4969; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Nobody was excited about Beats on HTC. It sold so poorly that HTC dropped it. Even when the One had it, everyone commented about how crap the headphones and eq were.
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3422; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah there are so many great equalizers in play store and much better than beats.
35. willard12 (Posts: 827; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Hi I'm a fandroid and this is how my brain works.
1. HTC adds beats audio = that may be cool
2. HTC creates the Rezound = Not worth the extra price, HTC marketshare drops below WP
3. HTC sells their stake in Beats because it was useless
4. Apple adds beats = it will be horrible.
See, by skipping steps 2 and 3, you are able to easily tell your moronic story. Sadly, there is an actual history that led people who are actually thoughtful to getting to step 4. But, as an apple loyalists, I suppose you think people don't have steps 2 and 3 in order to create an informed opinion. You never saw "fandroids" bash notifications and command center for being horrible after Apple "adopted" them because they actually based their opinions on evidence. No "fandroid said apple adds notifications = horrible.
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It has horrible sound
Even Sony and other Mp3 players have digital encoding and Dac and filter sampling rates at higher and lower peaks
3. Sauce (unregistered)
Gotta love iTunes. In related news, Apple is the second largest online retailer behind Amazon now.
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Thanks for the PA user who found this.
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3342; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
PC Mag weighs in on 5 reasons for Apple not to buy Beats.
It's a needlessly dumb investment, even for an unfathomably well-moneyed company like Apple. Here's five reasons why:
1. There is nothing special about Beats hardware
2. Spotify is better and more popular than Beats Music
3. Apple already has iTunes
4. Fashion doesn't last
5. Controversial connection
Behind #5 is the fact that Dre apparently beats up women.
33. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
lol ... i didn't know that!? 'figures'
17. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The company known for selling overpriced and overrated technology in collaboration with the company that is known for selling overpriced and overrated earphones? Does this even come as a surprise to anyone?
I'm guessing Apple is so out of ideas that Beats tech in the iPhone 6 is going to be the next big feature for them along with more Siri Beta crap and a slightly larger "retina but still isn't 720P" screen?
31. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3342; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Don't forget the bad battery life in real world usage... but they will make the phone thin so the marketing department can say "iPhone Air".
Meanwhile, battery cases and portable battery chargers are being sold in the millions due to Apple's subpar battery life. So much for Apple's hyped "we are a green company".
21. corporateJP (Posts: 1587; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Funny how both Apple and Dre have "sold out", both for the worse.
Apple trying to buy street cred, Dre for going mainstream.
29. metalspy101 (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
"that Apple is about to make him the first hip-hop billionaire (give or take $200 million), it might be" Apple ain't making anyone a billionaire.....they are greedy flack and you know it they will make twice as much as him after purchase is complete same with lovine
34. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I though that Jay C thingy was Hippity-Hops first billionaire? I think everyone is over-reacting to this buyout. I have a pair of Beats (soon-to-be iBeats Air) Wireless; the sound is "above average" (of course, not flawless by any means) compared to others in the same price point. Of course, iDiDn't pay full retail; my Verizon Wireless 25% corporate discount on Accessories (no longer available for iBeats) kicked in, along with a $75 Gift Card so, I got them for about $150 under retail. After going to the Harmon Kardon store on 54th & Madison and listening to a few of their higher end wireless headsets, I concluded that the sound was aboit the same. Also tried other wireless headsets and NOTHING really blew me away. iBeats have served me well thus far; the bluetooth connection is solid, the battery is solid, the sound is above-average (not perfect) and, of course, iDoNot use either the iTunes player or Beats music player/EQ, it's PowerAmp Pro for me (which obviously makes a difference). So to all you haters, dont hate cuz' you can't afford it (a la Eddie Murphy), hate Apple because this is surely the beginning of the tragic end for iBeats.
37. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
PowerAmp is excellent I use it to