Steve Jobs takes a leave of absence for medical reasons
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Jan 2011, 08:25
Apple's CEO sent a notice to his employees that he is taking a medical leave of absence for an unspecified period of time. The Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook will be in charge of the daily operation, while Steve will stay involved in the strategic decisions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mikael (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 08:33 3
apple will survive , he planned his legacy and has shaped it . we should respect his wishes for privacy. hope he does well.
2. calamazoo (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 08:34 2
exactly my thoughts, Apple is a well-oiled machine now... get well, Steve!
3. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 08:46 1
as much as i dislike steve jobs and apple, i'm not a fan of anyone being sick, especially after something so serious as a liver transplant. so good luck and best wishes steve.
besides, if he's out ill when android surpasses apple the fanboys will have an excuse ;)
8. JeffdaBeat posted on 17 Jan 2011, 14:20 2
I just think it's funny that people can say they dislike someone they've never met (other than Sarah Palin). I have a bunch of friends that I disagree with, but I still like and love them as my friends. You dislike Steve Jobs because of how he runs his company...how about you say, I dislike the way Steve Jobs runs his company instead of Steve Jobs himself...whom you don't know...
12. milk (unregistered) posted on 18 Jan 2011, 04:27 0
@JeffdaBeat You have snake bites...
5. Slammer posted on 17 Jan 2011, 09:48 2
I'm not a fan of Apple but I'm a worse fan of a debilitating disease. May Steve recover with complete success. I wish him well in a speedy recovery.
6. palm dev2.0 (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 12:03 1
I HATE Apple but, I respect and admire Steve Jobs get well soon.
7. Epic (unregistered) posted on 17 Jan 2011, 12:16 1
I don't like Apple at all but hope Steve gets well soon.
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!!(Sorry,I had to say it XD)
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 17 Jan 2011, 14:37 1
This is version 2.0 of the medical leave of absence. Tim Cook and company were able to shepherd things along during version 1.0 (if memory serves, most of the work on the iPad was done during version 1.0), so I suspect Apple as a company will do fine during the short to intermediate term (out through release of the iPhone 5). The unknown is what happens after.
Best wishes to Steve for a speedy recovery.
10. CRICKETownz posted on 17 Jan 2011, 14:45 0
that's good to see people demonstrate maturity and not bash Mr. Jobs in his medical leave. guess there is respectable bloggers on PA after all.
11. protozeloz posted on 17 Jan 2011, 17:54 0
I personally think jobs has done a great work with apple even tho I don't like some of his methods i think being in a moment of weakness is no something to bash on, i just hope he gets better, this may also serve him as a way to refresh hid mind a little... and i hope we see him back in good health
13. saurabh arora (unregistered) posted on 19 Jan 2011, 12:43 0
steve, all the best wishes to you and your family hope to see you back soon.