Steve Jobs has died
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2011, 18:41 posted on
Apple's iconic leader has passed away, this is according to a statement from Apple's Board of Directors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
58. sd (unregistered)
RIP Steve, now its time to rest.
62. obiwankinobi (unregistered)
May the 4S be with you.
64. Catalyst (unregistered)
RIP Steve Jobs. My condolences to the family from Portugal.
67. EasyMade (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
R.I.P. Steve Jobs...You will surely be missed
68. Phonecall01 (Posts: 152; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
RIP Steve. You made your mark in this world !!!
70. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Out of respect I ask the android people to show proper respect for Steve Jobs. He was a human being and he has a family and friends. We joust all day about this phone vs that phone but this is a sad day for technology. Cancer is a terrible disease and its not a joke.
Rest in Peace Steve.
We will miss you.
84. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I hear you, but please don't automatically label these disrespectful posters as Android people. None of that even matters! An asshole is an asshole no matter what kind of phone he/she uses.
245. snowgator (Posts: 3275; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
How can you NOT respect a man who contributed to his family and the industry he loves nearly to the moment he passed?
72. TOdoubleD (Posts: 114; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
RIP big guy. You will be remembered for being a true innovator. The mobile platform is better off because of you. And I'm sure your memory will live forever. God bless him and his family and friends.
75. xq10xa (Posts: 137; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
RIP Steve Jobs. Thank you for everything you have done for Computers, Touch Pads, and in my opinion the phone industry. Although I am a Microsoft Windows Phone user, because of you these companies were forced to make innovative new phones in order to keep up with you. You ideas made phone companies step up their game. Smartphones would never be where they are without you. I tip my hat to you sir and hope the best for you on your next Journey.
76. Whateverman (Posts: 3231; Member since: 17 May 2009)
If you have an iPhone, iPad, Android, or WP7... You owe this man a debt of gratitude! If you own an Apple TV, a Roku box, Google TV, a Galaxy Tab, an MP3 player or an iTunes account... You owe this man a debt of gratitude! He has influenced our world in way most people don't realize or even think about. Steve Jobs has changed just about every facet of our lives in one way or another, either it's music, TV, computers cell phones, and even the cartoons your kids love to watch (Anything by Pixar), this man has influenced one way or another.
So whether you loath him or love him, he has done more in his short life time than most of us ever dream of doing. If you don't want to pay your debt of gratitude, that's fine. No one can force you. But at the very least show him the respect he deserves for all that he done an keep your tasteless jokes to yourselves. Today is not the day!
RIP Steve Jobs!
77. xperiaman (unregistered)
even thought i never like apple products... but you're "john lennon" in mobile phone history... RIP...
79. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow this was a shocker.. thank you Steve for everything... you already being miss
80. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Rip in peace sad day. Glad most people posting are showing some respect. The amount of anti Apple hate this week has been ridiculous.
137. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
As much as I agree that this should be a hate free zone, you could have refrained from knocking on the general anti Apple posts this week.
81. Boti95 (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Sep 2010)
A man who has revolutionized technology is now gone. May he rest in peace.
82. Abde-morocco (unregistered)
first time tears in my eyes, i was choked thank you steve
83. SM (unregistered)
Rest In Peace...You were an inspiration.
86. 87168 (unregistered)
wooooow.....what the hell. This is really sad. He was so young.
87. Ikechukwu (Posts: 147; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Completely terrible... may his soul rest in peace. How saddening
90. beatlesfan (Posts: 150; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Its like he fought through it just to see the announcement yesterday. He was that dedicated to Apple.
111. yes you are one BigDikk (unregistered)
what is wrong with you??!! this isn't anything about phones or OSes or companies. please be mature and put them all behind, there's always another time for that..
please show some respect for this man. without him you probably wouldn't even see the Nexus Prime or its features in this lifetime.
92. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
He lives on through all of Apples products RIP
96. DeviantDroid (Posts: 51; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
The announcement of the Iphone 4s killed Steve Jobs.... You killed Steve Jobs you Bastard!!!!!!!
197. DeviantDroid (Posts: 51; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Was not meant in offence of Steve Jobs he was a wonderful man. I just believe that had he still been able to carry on as CEO he could have made the IPhone 4s show better. So all you ruffians calm your self for I do praise the man for his advancing of the mobile industry!
97. jacko (unregistered)
R I P. STEVE JOBS
98. Ian.M (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Just wanted to join every one and say R.I.P Steve, you will surely be missed
119. one_luv (unregistered)
my new fav writer on PA...
RIP Steve, you were truly an innovator and the tech world will miss you dearly
124. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
PA team should come over and do the same
99. ken (unregistered)
Life's fragile, better eat, drink and be merry... See you one day in heaven Steve.
103. Adroid 4ever (unregistered)
Wow. Hate apple. Did not like jobs or his liberal company. So i will not make a fake i care comment. Long live android!! Now if apple company will just rot away so free competition will resume in the tech world. No more lawsuits in the way.
268. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
no he isn't an Idiot but he's obviously an Imbecile. . .
122. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
your a douche bag. Hope someone close to you dies and then some one tell you that now all thats missing is the rest of the family to die along with them.
243. xxverbaIxx (unregistered)
so u and steve jobs were tight then? u hang out played tennis on tuesdays?
133. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Steve had some pretty negative character flaws, but he was far from evil. Therefore there is no call to celebrate his death.
136. jacko (unregistered)
Hate apple. Did not like jobs as well but his a human just like you and me
163. Zoenphlux (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
I am not a fan boy, but if it wasn't for steve jobs you wouldn't have android you unlearned idiot. The iphone started what we know as the smartphone world today. Android came after iphone. Learn your place. Just because you dont like apple doesn't mean Steve doesn't deserve respect. He paved the way for computers and a lot of tech we have today. Read some facts and learn to respect people who have made your life better.
105. BigEaze22 (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 May 2011)
RIP steve, didn't know it would actually happen so soon. You gon be missed ibro
106. Ian.M (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
If you don't have anything nice to say, then please refrain from commenting at all. Death is a serious subject, no matter who it is
107. ken (unregistered)
Its sad that Steve can't hold on a little longer to see iPhone 5 unleashing..He's one phenomenal figure of the cenutry..
109. xBreWCiTy (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
WOW! This is nuts! I did not agree with his legal mindset at all. But the man was a pioneer of this generation. The things he was able to do with apple was mindblowing. What I'm interested in seeing is where apple will be in the future now that their franchise juggernaut C.O.O is passed on. That previous statement, I meant every word of it. He was an absolute genius at what he did. Even Eric Schmidt(CEO of google) has said similiar words to those about steve. I will miss steve for his visionary work, and I know apple will too. Because honestly the heart, soul, and brilliance of apple is now passed on. I say that with the upmost respect.
112. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
Rest in Peace. because of you sammy! how dare you?! lol j/k
113. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
115. joey18 (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
rest in peace steve you allways be the king
116. Raul (unregistered)
Rest in peace Steve.. Thank you for all the innovation you brought to our world.. wait for us in heaven.. lead us from there
269. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Now I'm not sad because of your comment. . .
118. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Wow is this for real if it is RIP he had pushed tech further and faster than most people and really stirred compition in the industry love him or hate him he will be missed
120. carter2 (unregistered)
You were a very well respected inventor. You were not only brilliant technology wise but you were a very well speaker who could easily sell a product. You will be deeply missed. RIP
121. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Very very sad.
Thanks for all you gave to the world.
Thanks for the apple2 and macintosh that made the most funny moments of my student's life.
123. Ian.M (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I think Apple should do something where they take proceeds from every Apple product sold and donate it to cancer research in honor of Steve.