Steve Jobs has died
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:41
Apple's iconic leader has passed away, this is according to a statement from Apple's Board of Directors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Azure01 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:52 19 1
Omg I thought this was another dumb hackers joke...this is really saddening.
60. s (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:27 4 11
even though its sounds mean .. but its so true
169. thenesss (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 21:15 0 5
196. Azure01 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 23:38 7 0
Jump off a cliff.
208. quakan posted on 06 Oct 2011, 00:37 5 0
You have no heart...you are a sad individual.
190. bobfreking55 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 22:59 7 0
"Who are you?"
SIRI: "im....uhmm Steve "
"Where you at?"
RIP steve :(
255. jogutier posted on 06 Oct 2011, 12:38 0 0
SOOOOOO true, I know that greedy complany "Apple" will try to gain on his loss.
166. Dj21o posted on 05 Oct 2011, 21:09 10 0
Even though I don't like Apple products that much, he still was a genius and made a kickass company. RIP Steve.
176. Heatfan316 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 21:47 10 0
Some people loved him and some hated him, doesn't change the FACT that he was the GREATEST CEO OF ALL TIME!!! RIP Steve.
249. shafboy posted on 06 Oct 2011, 09:29 1 0
No matter how much anyone hates him, he is still a legend.
2. Stoyka93 (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:53 10 0
Rest in peace, Steve. You will be missed.
146. Synack posted on 05 Oct 2011, 20:34 1 0
A few more years and we would've been able to save him.
182. Me (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 22:21 1 4
Greatest invention of all. He invented rectangular shape icons and mobile devices.
223. airbud (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 03:17 0 1
@me: u actually have NO respect for this man????!!!!...name another company which is as successful as apple in making (and selling) computers, laptops, monitors, phones, music players alike???!!!!....NONE!!!!...u'll come up wid samsung...but my frnd, sammy uses another company's OS (be it windows or android) fr dere success (note dat sammy is paying royalty 2 MS for EACH android they sell)....don't get me wrong, am not an "i"freak..actually i have none of apples product (save for a prehistoric 2nd gen ipod nano)....indeed, the legal approach taken by apple is not good!!!!!...but dat doesn't shadow the feat of steve in making apple "APPLE"....so, RESPECT HIM!!!!
231. dacastrator posted on 06 Oct 2011, 06:49 0 0
234. Sad (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:03 1 2
He is a no different than a bully. Took people inventions and patented as his own. You all sad for that moment, a minute later his name is not in your mine. You will do your own stuff, joke with your friends, watch porn and even fck your spouse.
4. beatlesfan posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:53 21 1
This is definitely sad news. He was a legend in the tech world
185. Me (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 22:41 2 7
By banning mobile devices.
193. munchi (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 23:33 3 1
Thumbs up for bucky. Steve you will be greatly missed but always remebered because Apple wouldn't be alive if not for you. Rest in Peace Great Inventor.
236. Sad (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:24 1 1
Wow. He is the first person to invent mobile devices that are rectangle. Because of him, HTC and Samsung will be harassed by Apple until the end of their time.
235. Sad (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 08:06 1 1
5. GeorgeWashington117 (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:54 13 2
No one should post hate on this article
174. Lucas777 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 21:37 1 2
way to just do the complete opposite of what was said..
229. tedkord posted on 06 Oct 2011, 06:11 0 0
Steve Jobs is not Apple. I respect the man and his vision/accomplishments, but I do dislike Apple's business practices. This doesn't mean I don't feel the impact he had on tech, or don't wish we could have saved him. The world of technology lost its greatest giant, and now we'll never know what amazing things he'd have dreamt in the future.
6. Welloff (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:54 2 0
You will be missed...rest in peace, Mr. Jobs
8. effzee25 (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:54 11 0
Rest in Peace Steve. Although I disagreed with the direction and policies of your company, your spirit of innovation has indeed touched us all and immeasurably shaped the world of technology.
9. Mooooo posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:54 2 1
As a fellow human being. I am sad to hear what I knew was coming. I feel for the Apple fans as there hero is now gone. Rest in Peace Steve.
10. ChiquiKon posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:55 4 0
My respects. This is a sad day for the tech world.
11. RIP (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:55 1 0
Rest In Peace
13. GALAXY-S posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:56 2 0
wth?! totally unexpected .. . ;(
its very sad.. rest in peace..
14. Alex (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:57 1 0
One More Thing...
You will always be the king of Apple
15. AppleFanboy posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:57 1 0
RIP Steve....Definitely the greatest innovator of his time....you will be missed in the tech world
16. aar0983 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 18:59 2 0
Steve Jobs RIP. So young and Brilliant. this is really sad. May God have him in his kingdom and bless his family.
27. LameHumor (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:02 2 15
Honestly, it was just a bit of comic relief. I understand that Steve jobs has changed this world for the better with his outstanding technology advances and he will be missed dearly, but you have to also keep in mind not everyone handles death well regardless of whether or not they knew him and a short little joke like that might help ease their mind.
30. biophone posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:04 4 3
Go to hell. This is not funny.
192. Lucas777 posted on 05 Oct 2011, 23:12 0 0
just stop… ur an idiot.. now please just go plague cnet or something with your comments… obviously upwards of 40 people agree...
217. Knight (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 02:16 0 0
Hope everyone around you will handle the situation the way you did today when you die. I really hope so.
59. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:26 3 0
Seriously dude that was low, you might not like him as a person or apple in general but he was a human and nobody deserves that bulls**t. There's a special place in hell for people like you.
73. LameHumor (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:33 1 5
Please do read the reply from me on the same comment, as I stated, it was comic relief because death is certainly something that many fear and a lot of people are in a very emotional state right now over this, refer to the comments of people shedding real tears. I defiantly think its a tragedy that he has passed and that technology will begin to slow down in response of that because if you think of innovation, he defiantly comes to mind. And as for "a special place in hell for people like me", then you obviously need to take a step back and relax as well because according to said bible, thou shall not worship any other god except for me, and as it sounds to me you worship Steve Jobs for his creations, and on top of that, im pretty sure posting a small quick joke with good intentions doesn't reserve 1 a spot in hell. Please, chill.
78. 530gemini posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:37 2 0
@lamehumor. It's not about worshipping Steve. It's about respect for someone who passed on, and respect to those who are saddened by his passing. I don't think a comic relief would comfort anyone mourning. Would you appreciate some comic relief in your wife's or children's death?
88. LameHumor (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:46 1 1
If in attempt to try and cheer me up so I could get past the moment and continue strong, yes I would appreciate it. Regardless, thats talking on a personal level and talking about love ones, if you put me infront of his wife and children I would understand it isn't probably going to be appreciated but this is a man that has brought new and exciting technology to the world and has kept us advancing in said world, not someone who asked for our hand in marriage and produced offspring with us. I think there is definatly a line of realism to be had in this situation, I can understand appreciating him and showing your respects for the man that has done so much for so many, but everyone is taking it way to personally as if they have lived with this man and been his best friend for years.
I don't know, maybe I underestimated just how emotional some apple fans can be and how devastated they are by this and as I just realized, I didn't apologize for the joke in question and I do apologize for it now.
94. biophone posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:51 1 0
Thank you for apologizing but instead of trying to rationalize it just say this "It was a dumb and tasteless joke and I regret saying this. This is a tragic day."
95. 530gemini posted on 05 Oct 2011, 19:51 1 0
@LameHumor. Then you're one of the few. But if you want to respect most of the people who do not appreciate your unusual and uncommon trait of comic relief when mourning for someone. Maybe you cannot relate since you're obviously very different, just try be more understanding to the majority who would find your character rude and insensitive. That's all. Peace.
108. LameHumor (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 20:01 1 0
So after an apology and a response to your comment about how comic relief was inappropriate, you take a stab back at me about being a deviant of society and insulting my level of "normality"? Now that is very rude and insensitive. It's normal for someone literally shed tears of someone who they have never met? Ok, he's a public figure and an icon to a lot of people, were you crying tears of sadness when Bernie Mac died? Don't sit there and insult someones character if you counter their rudeness with the same. I apologized for the joke and after which you begin insulting me, now tell me, is that normal?
@Biophone. I agree it is most tragic, and you are welcome for the apology. Granted I was just trying to rationalize it for people who took it more then what it was but your right, past the fluff, I should have just said those words.
218. Knight (unregistered) posted on 06 Oct 2011, 02:19 0 0
don't use rude and insensitive here, you don't know the meaning of these words. go to hell! and again, i hope that everyone around you will be happy and busy with comic reliefs when you die.
202. Phullofphil posted on 06 Oct 2011, 00:19 0 0
Move on it was a joke said way too early and to lame hummer don't apologize at all people mourn in different ways you don't have to go with the status quo and say what every one else is saying. Steve had a great life and I personally think he would have enjoyed to hear that. Hummer and sadness are both a part of getting through hard times. If you are really offended by it just skip it. I think people have the right to say what ever they want rven if they thought of him as their rival in a rival company. I my selph am not all that sad. I am happy for Steve he had a great life and it should be celebrated and remembered.
posted on 05 Oct 2011, 20:43 0 6
158. BiggestDickAlive (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 20:47 0 4
An iPhone can fall 13,500 feet and survive.... But Steve cant
198. FUH8ters (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2011, 23:41 0 0
Am I the only person with enough balls to not cry over some dude who didn't give two crapples about the people who actually made the phones. Ya know the people who worked 12 hour days, 7 days a week for $295 per month. Give me a break.
Would you be sympathetic over someone who raped people and took their wallets.
What makes this one any different. PEACE OUT