Steve Jobs biography finally published: more than 650 pages based on over 40 personal interviews
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
650 pages??? I'll wait for the cliff notes.
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
and this is only part 1 :)))
5. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Seriously? You cant ready 600 pages?
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Reading is pretty low on the android users priority list. They spend a lot of time installing custom roms, over clocking etc to try to stop the constant force closes.
20. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
wow taco, your quite the droid hater... looks like the old mac vs pc war but just a new avenue. Unfortunately apple will go back to where it was prior to jobs taking over. BANKRUPT! If you have an open mind, both OS systems aren't perfect, I'm ok with that, still I dot have as much anger towards apple fans, that their choice. No reason to hate. You sound soooo angry... BTW reading is a lot more common than you would think for droid users, go look at the kindle downloads on the droid market in comparison to apple before you make such a people throwing statement...
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
concidering how low your reading comprehension level is, taco.. i wouldnt be making reading comments about others.. geesh.
33. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
It's called a joke ladies, no need to get your panties all in a bunch over it. Notice there was no bashing in my post at all, but because I questioned the number of pages in what is most likely to become your new bible, you go on the attack. Relax, laugh, and ease up a little. It's not all that serious people
46. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
well I see your point and well taken, people like taco need a spanking once in awhile for being so righteous and closed minded... it's not a joke to him so that where I step in until he calms the #%&^% down
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You have to come up with something witty to fight back. You're unarmed.
61. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Is that all you got? Your reply lacks substance and basically sums you up. I don't use wit, so maybe go back and re-read my comments... I feel for you brother. I'm bummed you hate so much. Let droid be droid and apple be apple. Simple.
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
600 pages about failures hate thefts
50 pages about success
4. kenshiro (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Sep 2011)
"It's mine, my invention! It was all because of meee! Filthy thieves! You're all tricksy bastards!"
6. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
If thats what it takes to do what Steve has done for us then I would go through the same.
No one here can honestly say they have had more success than failures in their life. From when you are a kid you broke bones, fell out of treens and so on. Put that on a larger scale, reinventing entire industries to the point other companies are created from it. If it werent for the iPhone we would have no Android.
23. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i was with ya, right up until the end. again, for the 400th time, timetable after timetable shows that android was in development longer than iOS.
If it wasnt for BOTH of them, NEITHER would look the way they currently do.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It came out after iPhone. They completely changed the form factor of their phone after the iPhone came out. They incorporate all the touch gestures that iPhone made popular.
Stop living in denial
31. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
touchscreen wasnt made popular by the iPhone, touchscreen can be used by everyone like the iPhone did, why not the gestures?
so what's you point?
34. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
"touchscreen wasnt made popular by the iPhone"
Really? Who made touchscreen popular then?
You fanboys are hilarious
45. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
you're the one whos hilarious, and ridiculous..
you know theres always been touchscreens on mobile phones way before the iPhone was invented..
manufacturers like Palm, SE, Nokia, LG and Samsung had touchscreen models since 2004. do your research..
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Popular is the key word
Just like the other day it was devices
53. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
you know nothing taco.. to you, the world began when the iPhone was unveiled 4 years ago..
58. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I would sat HTC made touchscreens popular. They made a few handsets (Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, XV 6900) that started the shift to touchscreen devices. But Apple exploded the market with the iPhone and made smartphones popular. I'm suprised you didn't give Apple it's full credit.
63. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
those all came out AFTER the iPhone
Come on at least try to post something reasonable. I owned 6900 that was a piece of junk
67. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Never said they came before the iPhone, I said they made touchscreens popular. When the iPhone was still exclusive to AT&T, the TP, TP2, and other touchscreen phones were bringing touchscreens to the masses. You may believe differently if you had an iPhone then, but for everyone else, these were the phones we saw in our stores alond with a few others of course. That was my perspective.
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha and his "50" pages of success have changed the world forever
7. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
why do thousands of people can't move on with steve's death?
while thousands of children are dying in africa and some parts of asia, these people don't even care.. what a world..
8. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
The real question is what are you doing to fight world hunger other than post on a site about cell phones? I'm not saying you're not active, but before you say what "people" are doing, I'd like to know what you're doing to fight those things as well...
9. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
That's not the real question because that's not the point. The point is why do these Apple fans can't move on with 1 person's death so bad that they almost wanna live in Job's grave, while theres a lot more important things going on. Thousands of people are dying everyday because of poverty and yet they care more on Job's death. Do you realize this? Or you're being blinded and brainwashed by Apple as well? Think again.
11. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No that's a great question. What are you doing to stop those kids deaths?
Did you see btw that about 50% of VZW LTE sales were mobile broadband last quarter. Idiot.
17. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
ohh hey there taco how ya doing? ohh about the LTE sales? we are referring about the article right? the one you researched wasnt mentioned in the article and the article is only talking about VZW smartphone sales for Q3. its not my fault neither yours'.. its the authors fault..
and you just can't get over it, cant you?
19. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It was talking about their Q3 announcement. You assumed, as fandroid do, that all 1.4 million LTE sales were smartphones. When I pointed out those sales included mobile broadband. You threw a hissy fit and called me an idiot. I then linked to VZW transcript where they said bout half those sales were mobile broadband as I pointed out.
Now you backpedal. It's not your fault? Well maybe not up until it was pointed out to you and then you acted like a moron.
21. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
alright here we go again taco, it says on the article that they sold 5.6 Million "SMARTPHONES", 2 million of them are iPhones (which are "SMARTPHONES") and 1.4 LTE devices (why would they include broadband sales if it says "SMARTPHONES"?).
heres what the article said:
'For starters, Verizon sold 5.6 million smartphones in this trimester with an impressive 2 million of them being the iPhone 4. Also 1.4 million LTE devices were sold and that's a big part of why carrier's profits are up on surging revenue from data.'
now you came up with a link that says 1.4 million LTE devices include broadbands where it wasnt really mentioned in the article here in PA..
you acted like you're stupid even though it clearly said on the article that its all about smartphones.. you just couldnt resist for being an a$$ when it comes to Apple vs Android huh?
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
to be fair, PA doesnt always reiterate the news completely. Many times, important little tidbits are left out either by accident, or to keep the flames alive in the fanboys.
Much like that article that incorrectly stated how many android users were willing to move to iOS when the new phone came out, that taco consistently misquotes.
If the actual link to the original article said both aircards and smartphones, then it was probably a mistake by PA and taco is right. If it didnt, then taco is wrong.
28. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
all I know is taco is an a$$hole.. and a douchebag.. that's all..
32. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I already admitted that taco is right when he showed the original article but we're talking about the PA article which clearly states my point..
sighhhh, i just can't figure out these people blinded by Apple...
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
What does this have to do with Apple?
37. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
coz you're an iSheep and you'll do anything to defend apple... even if it means you'll sound and look stupid on your posts..
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It didn't say that in the article. It said 5.6 million smartphones were sold. It also said 1.4 million LTE devices. I pointed out to you it said LTE Devices not smartphones at which point you said I was an idiot.
A smart person would at least check into it before coming to a conclusion
29. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
come on taco, it clearly means that the 1.4 million LTE devices is a part of the 5.6 million smartphone sales.. why can't your little brain understand that?
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If they meant smartphones they would have said that. They said LTE DEVICES.
You were wrong and now you're backpedaling when everyone can see the obvious. You're also trolling an article about a Steve Jobs biography which is pathetic.
47. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
why would you focus on the choice of words by the author instead of the main subject/topic ? again the topic is all about the '5.6 million smartphone sales'.
and i'm not backpedaling, i'm just making my point.. my point that you couldn't understandd..
and i'm not trolling around, my earlier post is about the article itself..
30. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
what it taco... I'm on you now like a cheap suit which I am sure you have a lot of... once you calm down i'll ease off
41. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Can you post something that even make sense?
59. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I think you're the idiot taco50
15. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
Hey retard, do you not know what jobs has done for the world? and last time I checked if it wasn't for the iPhone, android wouldn't of known where to start..afterall it was stolen from Apple.
16. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
ahh pretending to be knowledgable huh? do your homework first before you start a debate.. you obviously dont know anything about what you are saying..
54. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Says the guy that was wrong cause he doesn't do his homework
56. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
and by the way taco, why didnt you reply to my last post about the article? i owned you right?
39. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Sure Android know where to start, it was called 2003! Hahahahahaaaa.
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow trolling a Steve Jobs article. Fandroid trolls reaching for new lows.
60. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
like you taco50
18. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Steve Jobs was an idiot, pretty much killed himself with his ego and "my body is a temple and shalt not be opened" and "I am above the rest". The guy treated people terribly, fired those guys who lived at the office night and day to finish an impossible code writing job that he instructed, just to tell them it was crap, then fired all of them, then used the code to start the successful cpu desktop model of mac 2. Only an egotistical ass would be so inhumane. Treated waiters and waitresses like crap. I'm glad the guy died. He is probably in hell where he belongs.
24. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
and yet these Apple fanboys sees jobs as a god.. what an a$$..
42. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
And he's accomplished so much more than you ever will.
44. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
thats not the point... as much as he has accomplished, he also destroyed the lives of thousands of people, livelihoods, families all in the name of accomplishments? You clearly live on a material plane where you value material things to equal who your are and you status in this world. Awaken my friend and let go of your tunnel vision... it's not what you do in this world, it's how you go about it.
49. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I am genuinely interested in reading this book. I wonder if it's the one where Jobs said he'd go all Captain Ahab on Android?