Steve Ballmer stars in Windows Phone 8 ad; second ad says Windows Phone 8 is for everyone
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 00:07 posted on
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is the star of a new Windows Phone 8 ad that focuses on the Live Tiles and throws in a cameo by some guy named Gates, not to mention the executive's Wife and Kids; a second ad says the platform was built for everyone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
a quick look at 8x will make you think it's lumia 920. But this is good for nokia.
3. Cyan3boN (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i that order
21. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
right.. and i will buy lumia phone as my second phone next to my s3 :)
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1428; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
This guy makes it look like a Austin powers movie
6. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Although I like android a lot (my last 5 phones are android after symbian) but I'm really starting to like WP8!
Did somebody notice that Steve's cell is HTC?!
And that only 2 phones in the ad are used: HTC and Nokia! No samsung?! or any other!!!
24. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I made the switch to WP from Android for the Lumia 900, and haven't looked back. The ONLY things I have missed were a few social games apparently few still play, so no loss! I have better quality apps, no crashing, no launcher issues, quick updated for stuff I didn't know wasn't there, and a phone from one of the best (if not THE best) phone makers in the world.
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Alan, you just proved that this site is not iPhoneArena - for the first time in PhoneArena's history - an editor has mentioned Android *before* iPhone.
As for the WP8 - Android can do all that, but if you *really* need that core integration with Windows 8 - you can get WP8.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so steves WP is HTC 8X....so much for loyalty and partnership....
Lumia 920 all the way!
25. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's odd because he was holding a yellow 920 at the end when he, Joe, and Jessica all had their phones out, yet the ad showed the red WP8X. Maybe the ad maker got "creative"?
27. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
this is just marketing strategy..
there is same advertisement on jessica alba-- she is the one using the lumia 920. thats why balmer used 8x instead.. they will make ads like this using all newly launched windowsphone8 phones- including ativ s.
29. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
in real life they use 920.. -- last part of keynote
31. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
screw the guy disliking on this post!!!
19. twens (Posts: 827; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Is anyone guessing a note 2 with WP8 from samsung? That will be cool but hey,android just feels light years ahead of all this new OSs.maybe one day they will catch up.till den i will stick with ma gorgeous note 2
26. -box- (Posts: 3953; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't say they are that far ahead. For some capabilities, sure, but UI/UX JB and WP8 are roughly equal. Different methods to accomplish the same goal.
23. ryq24 (Posts: 582; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
after the big sacrifice nokia have done just to go windows, the least balmer could do is to use a nokia 920 for this commercial but he chose HTC. nokia getting stab in the back again!
28. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
jessica alba is the one using 920 for commercials. is nokia getting back stabbed? thats a female actress you know.........more popular
---in real life, balmer and alba uses lumia 920. belfiore -the person on winphone8 launch keynote uses 8x.
30. Astro551 (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
thought i remember this theme somewhere, though this has more focus on the individual /watch?v=X0bnN8Lfahk