Steve Ballmer stars in Windows Phone 8 ad; second ad says Windows Phone 8 is for everyone
A second ad released by Microsoft explains how the company built the smartphone for the movielover, the single dad, the music mentor, the foodlover, the socializer, working mom, tomboy and the playmaker to name just a few. We have to say that the screen looks very sharp and colorful on both ads. It surely has something to do with that amazing pixel density on the high end Windows Phone 8 models like the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X.
While the new Windows 8 models look great on television, is there that one killer app on the platform that will have smartphone owners dumping their Android handset or Apple iPhone for one of the new Windows Phone 8 models?
source: WMPoweruser (1), (2)
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
a quick look at 8x will make you think it's lumia 920. But this is good for nokia.
3. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i that order
21. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
right.. and i will buy lumia phone as my second phone next to my s3 :)
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1309; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
This guy makes it look like a Austin powers movie
6. Lifengineer (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Although I like android a lot (my last 5 phones are android after symbian) but I'm really starting to like WP8!
Did somebody notice that Steve's cell is HTC?!
And that only 2 phones in the ad are used: HTC and Nokia! No samsung?! or any other!!!
24. -box- (Posts: 3735; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I made the switch to WP from Android for the Lumia 900, and haven't looked back. The ONLY things I have missed were a few social games apparently few still play, so no loss! I have better quality apps, no crashing, no launcher issues, quick updated for stuff I didn't know wasn't there, and a phone from one of the best (if not THE best) phone makers in the world.
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Alan, you just proved that this site is not iPhoneArena - for the first time in PhoneArena's history - an editor has mentioned Android *before* iPhone.
As for the WP8 - Android can do all that, but if you *really* need that core integration with Windows 8 - you can get WP8.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so steves WP is HTC 8X....so much for loyalty and partnership....
Lumia 920 all the way!
25. -box- (Posts: 3735; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's odd because he was holding a yellow 920 at the end when he, Joe, and Jessica all had their phones out, yet the ad showed the red WP8X. Maybe the ad maker got "creative"?
27. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1116; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
this is just marketing strategy..
there is same advertisement on jessica alba-- she is the one using the lumia 920. thats why balmer used 8x instead.. they will make ads like this using all newly launched windowsphone8 phones- including ativ s.
29. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1116; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
in real life they use 920.. -- last part of keynote
31. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1116; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
screw the guy disliking on this post!!!
19. twens (Posts: 535; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Is anyone guessing a note 2 with WP8 from samsung? That will be cool but hey,android just feels light years ahead of all this new OSs.maybe one day they will catch up.till den i will stick with ma gorgeous note 2
26. -box- (Posts: 3735; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't say they are that far ahead. For some capabilities, sure, but UI/UX JB and WP8 are roughly equal. Different methods to accomplish the same goal.
23. ryq24 (Posts: 479; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
after the big sacrifice nokia have done just to go windows, the least balmer could do is to use a nokia 920 for this commercial but he chose HTC. nokia getting stab in the back again!
28. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1116; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
jessica alba is the one using 920 for commercials. is nokia getting back stabbed? thats a female actress you know.........more popular
---in real life, balmer and alba uses lumia 920. belfiore -the person on winphone8 launch keynote uses 8x.
30. Astro551 (Posts: 45; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
thought i remember this theme somewhere, though this has more focus on the individual /watch?v=X0bnN8Lfahk