Steve Ballmer departs Microsoft’s Board of Directors
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2014, 19:08 posted on
The new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers is stepping down from the Board of Directors of Microsoft...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PAPINYC (Posts: 2293; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, he did a lot after he screwed up Windows Mobile in 2006, which followed hat Windows Vista fiasco; this is a good fit for him as, he needs an outlet for that unwarranted ego of his. My bet is still on The Lakers!
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5809; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Balmer will be much happier with the Clippers. He gets to be BMoC again, with no one to really answer to. Much more fun than MS was after Bill.
4. nokia12 (Posts: 325; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
then came windows phone , windows 8 and then purchase of Nokia
8. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 295; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
True, but if MS had taken mobile much more seriously much sooner than it did, WP would likely enjoy a much better position in the market than it has today.
Oh, and Win8 is meh, plus the outcome of the Nokia purchase is far too early to call.
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 2293; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Thank you, Nokia12 is obviously in denial the horror of what is Steve Ball'dness and what he did to MicroSlush. Microsoft would actually rule the smartphone market if it hadn't devolved the way it did.
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3552; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, I dont know the guy personally, but he did seem sorta odd to me... Nevertheless, giving credit where credit is due, He did more good than bad.... The revenue speaks for itself, and whether we like him, or not, MS has continued a upward gain in revenue, and profits the past 20years.... In the end, when people are getting paid, that's what matters to a successful company. And, despite MS not being successful with everything they do, and making some all out stupid decisions from time to time, they are a successful company... I won't even waste my time arguing that... Say what you want to say, but at least give credit where credit is due..
And, don't speak as though any CEO, or corporation, has had a perfect track record the past twenty years.... I'm not trying to hear it.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3097; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Ballmer is living proof that angry clowns can indeed become billionaires.
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3552; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Just think.. That angry clown is more successful than all of us nerds on PA put together... I guess we really don't have room to talk about anyone's accomplishment's... Unless, maybe you've bought a pro ball team yourself.. Have you?
BTW.. What do you do for a living anyways?.. Im not joking,, its a serious question... ??????
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3097; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"BTW.. What do you do for a living anyways?.. Im not joking,, its a serious question... ??????"
Why don't you take a guess?
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3552; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Just as I thought.. To scared to awnswer the question...
Knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with you.
12. GreekGeek (Posts: 810; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
He had waaaay too many "yes men" around him that's why his flops outnumber his hits by a wide margin.
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3097; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Ballmer is a bright guy, but is more of an MBA than a technical visionary. So after Gates left, Microsoft was essentially a ship without a captain.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5809; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
In Balmer's case, MBA stands for mentally below average. Just having a degree does not mean you have the smarts. He was at the right place at the right time (when Bill did all of the heavy lifting of value creation). I can't think of anything Steve did during his tenure as CEO of MS that was successful in-and-of-itself. Office and Windows were pre-existing franchises.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5809; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
What were his hits? By 'hits', I am referring to new initiatives that he implemented once he became CEO of MS.
18. a_tumiwa (Posts: 267; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
dont say that they want to promote Stelphen Elop to replace ballmer !!!!