Steroidal 1.4GHz version of the Samsung Galaxy S II to be launched in time for the next iPhone
0. phoneArena 27 Jun 2011, 07:31 posted on
We've got another confirmation now that Samsung is planning an improved version of the Samsung Galaxy S II around the time the next iPhone launches in late August or early September, this one with a 1.4GHz chipset frequency...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
how about launching it in the united states first?
2. AndroidOS (Posts: 100; Member since: 21 Jun 2011)
If an updated version will be launched around September, I'm hoping that means the first version will be coming to the U.S. soon.
Or they might wait and just give the U.S. this version.
Hoping for the fist scenario.
15. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
okay yeah, release it to a smaller portion of the world first
3. c (unregistered)
Please go to Sprint so I can flee from T-Mobile and any future clutches of AT&T.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Is it me or is Samsung on a singular mission to slay Apple? Samsung has this vendetta against Apple. I like Samsung's energy. They are making real good moves. Once the Samsung Galaxy S II hits the U.S. it will sell like hot cakes. Samsung is about to be the #1 phone manufacturer in the world & wants to eliminate Apple in the process. I am so impressed with the Samsung Galaxy S II that I am so curious to see what the Samsung Galaxy S III with its edge to edge design is going to look like. I wonder how powerful that phone will be? Problably a 2.5 GHz quad-core phone? Just speculating! :-)
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Quadcore Kalel @ 2 GHZ
2 GB Ram
12 MP camera.
LTE, NFC, 3D
768 by 1280 Resolution
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wouldn't that be a real super phone, heck computer that fits nicely in your pocket! :-) lol
8. KingK (unregistered)
Not even close, you are dreaming.
Tegra 3 is not for samsung. They won't have 720p resolution either.
This would be a Nexus3/Motorola type phone.
23. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
And why is that? As the I9100 and I9103 with tegra2 obviously nothing stays between Samsung and Nvidia. And about the screen Samsung have already produced a 720p 4' SAMOLED display
22. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
I'll be very pleased with it (devil) but they or the other companies will never do the SUPERPHONE. Samsung HTC Motorola there's always something in their phones that isn't SUPER so for now I'm staying with my N82 waiting for the SUPERPHONE :D
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i believe with the fall of nokia, they are the #1 handset maker in the world. in over all sales (dumb phones and smart phones) they nail everyone else to the wall.
but who pays attention to dumbphones!? lol :)
24. Dark4o90 (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
NOKIA is far far behind the other companies in terms of smartphones
7. Niners13 (unregistered)
They should fix all the bugs/defects with the SGS2 first before they release another crappy device.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
isnt this about the same time that the "hurcules" was supposed to drop on Tmobile? It was different from the other GalaxyS-2 phones. Maybe this is what it is? Ohhhhh that would give me a big fat happy face. :)
11. Sandy Bridge? (unregistered)
By the time the S2 comes to the US, it would have an i5 2500k CPU already...
12. hhaa (unregistered)
no f**king way! i just bought the bloody s2!
17. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i love that commercial because it's SOOO true. xD
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
1.2 or 1.4 GHz, it wouldn't matter to me. I have seen how smooth and fast the SGS2 is and I want it.
18. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
what else could they do to make the Galaxy S II better? that's like going beyond my 10% of usable brain power.
actually, i think they could start by making it metal. i bet if we all talked about HOW WE WISH SAMSUNG WOULD MAKE A PHONE THAT FEELS AS NICE AS THE APPLE IPHONE 4 they would listen. xD
19. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Then we would get receiption issues lol
21. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i know im the minority but i prefer the plastic. its light weight and i use a case anyways so it doesnt make a difference what its made of. :)
25. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh good, you got a case. good remixfa!
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well jeee thanks thumper. I have kids and im a clutz. I get a case on everything.. lol.
26. steviewonders (Posts: 20; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
If they do this i won't be buying another Samsung product. I've only had the S2 for about a week and i was hoping there'd be a fair amount of external development for it on xda. If an updated version is released for the US then the development will stop and people will only bother with the newer version, making the current S2 practically obsolete.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Just wish i haven't upgrade to my Atrix it feels so last year.