Stereophonics: new HTC One M8 BoomSound speakers vs Xperia Z2 S-Force Front Surround
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 03:14 posted on
With the new One M8, HTC upped the ante in the stereo speakers department, saying that they are 30% more powerful than before. To put this claim to the test, the upgraded BoomSound set was once against thrown in the cage against the Xperia Z2's S-Force Front Surround system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
You'll never go wrong with either device. Engineering at its best.
10. limporgyuk (Posts: 272; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Well said, I don't know why there is so much animosity from Sony fans towards HTC fans (just what I have noticed since Tuesday)
14. hboy857 (Posts: 346; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
No true sony fan gonna hate m8, only wanna be/pretending to be a sony fan hate m8. But i have a feeling that z3 gonna distroy each and every phone on planet.
34. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm a Sony fan and M8 is my favorite Android device right after the Z2
35. matty1323 (Posts: 33; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I totally agree, well said. They are both great looking devices. I am chomping at the bit at the chance to upgrade my Z1s on Tmo to the Z2. The improvements from the Z1 have me dying to pull the trigger. I'd probably be favoring the M8 if it wasn't for the Sense UI, it's just not my cup of tea.
2. FoneAddict (Posts: 249; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Both these phones put the Samsung S5 to shame.
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
By the end of the year S5 will be laughing at them and would dance using their BoomSound and Surround Sound speakers' music in the background. :P :P :P
41. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
It's actually sad because it's true.... Xperia Z2 for me.
3. aayupanday (Posts: 572; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Knew this was slated to happen but the Z2's speaker is still miles ahead of what the other manufacturers except hTC offer.
4. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Fun fact: Sony's sound business is older than HTC and its CEO.
5. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 250; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Wow I'm impressed by both. HTC One make better sound stage and acoustics, but Z2 speakers are more louder.. so it's personal preference. :)
12. DONUT (Posts: 375; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i think without the waterproofing, the Z2 speakers wouldve been much louder. like e guy said in the video, water proofing muffles the speakers. but no matter what device u choose, u cant go wrong with either. both put the speakers in other phones to shame.
15. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
yeah, but it's MUCH better to have water and dust proof AND powerful speakers then just powerful speakers. it's no brainer! Z2 it is. no comparison.
7. karkavelas (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
HTC m8 is the winner for me even though the z2 is also good but on the one m8 the sound is cleaner and better sound quality.
17. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
dude, they are more or less the same, BUT Z2 is water and dust proof. you will get similar experience from Z2 + water and dust proof and much more that the m8 doesn't have.
25. karkavelas (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
It's the same for you not for me and I think if you hear them live the different will be bigger...
About the water and dust thing I don't care because I would not risk to give 600 and more dollars to put it in the water.
37. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
you won't hear difference in speakers in a regular use. i assure you. but you will hear your M8 die if it happens to get wet. oh, wait, you won't. it will just die and then you wish htc "advantage" will give you a new phone. they just cover the display in the first half. oops. too bad for you. sony is genius for implementing true water and dust proof on expensive device.
28. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
the same for you but htc 6th sence is the best :D way supperior than other software
16. Amir1 (Posts: 323; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
and 30% more thickness. unjustified fat piece of brick.
11. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1890; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
How can you compare Sony to HTC? Sony makes all kinds of electronic devices,and S-force is just another step in Sony's sound department. Xplod might be next on Z3.
40. rency0722 (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I see a subwoofer add-on like a QX-100 setup. LOL at Xplod.
19. Genza (Posts: 513; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
If sony remove the waterproofing filter on Z2 speakers, I'm sure the sound will be much better than the M8.
20. papss (unregistered)
I hear a bunch of IF's.. We can all do that with every device or thing
21. limporgyuk (Posts: 272; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Too true, Sony fans are getting worse than Samsung fans IMO.
22. techperson211 (Posts: 1101; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
If you really listen Sony s-force deliver a clean sound. But of course an ordinary consumer would not notice that. I think it boils down to what consumer prefer . Htc or Sony as long as they're happy with it we don't care because in the first place it's their money not ours .
26. MrOCD (unregistered)
Didn't HTC say that the new speakers were 25% more powerful? I'm pretty sure that that's what they said.
27. chocowii (Posts: 414; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Im not a speaker geek. But IMHO speaker quality never changed since XpressMusic and Walkman phones were out in terms of loudness and clarity. And were paying this much for these technology?
Yeah, numbers and dB ratings are there but those were tested in silent ambient rooms. In real life you wont see, or probably 'hear', the difference.
29. bubbadoes (Posts: 727; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Since its boiled down to either bring dustproof and waterproof as the new standard. How many of your laptops tablets etc meet the aforementioned. Duhhhh. Your phone is no different. When im looking for a phone its not based on waterproof. I dont plan on sub merging in a pool of water. Whats next. Ice proof
30. bubbadoes (Posts: 727; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Og droid was the best speaker to date. Rock on
32. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Both are awesome, but the HTC is just a little bit better. Good job from both though.
36. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
They're both good,but I'm going to get S5.
38. pharttart (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Is there even a dedicated Mic being used to record these tests? If not how can I trust you to compare sound if you can't record sound....I doubt there is since recorded quality sucks!