Stephen Elop throws a TV show host's iPhone away, promises to replace it with a Nokia phone
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:35
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop decided to have some fun at a Finnish TV show, and what better way to entertain the audience than throwing the host's phone on the floor?! Even better when the phone in question is an iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:09 25 7
WP needs time.
13. tech2 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:16 18 14
more time ? it has been released for quite a while now ! Even BB10 has more apps than WP8 now !
23. Timmehor posted on 22 Mar 2013, 06:05 18 8
No? Also BB10 had to be stingy and beg to Google to get heaps of Android ported apps. Pfft,
76. Dastrix posted on 22 Mar 2013, 18:29 0 0
Dream on, buddy! How about you go get your facts straight before commenting uselessly? WP has more apps than BB10, and no, Instagram isn't coming to BB10.
15. REYNER posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:26 8 6
sad to say they had given most of the time in the world WP seems to become complacent and now that BB10 is rushing things up in app depart its the only time that WP extending its effort BB made an impressive growth in apps and why the heck a big company like Windows would have a hard time? tsk tsk..
16. No_Nonsense posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:30 9 2
Because MSFT is failing to work at a pace which won't limit nokia's h/w advancement. MSFT needs to get their heads out of the sand ASAP.
18. chupoltorero posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:41 9 10
its because ELOP thinks that he can take back all those market shares by being arrogant just like MS...hope nokia change CEO or get away from MS
47. pookiewood posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:29 3 0
Please there isn't an arrogant bone in Elops body. In anything I've seen him do he's been nice. He was just kidding here don't have a cow.
66. NokiaFTW posted on 22 Mar 2013, 13:36 1 2
B***h please , does BB10 have Pandora? Does it have Asphalt 7 ? Does it have Spotify? Instagram isnt gonna come to bb10 anytym soon . Know ur facts before u come blabbering here !!
83. REYNER posted on 23 Mar 2013, 03:43 1 0
oh my!! i think you are the one not updating your info asphalt 7?! spotify?! yes its already in the market baby!!! update your info pandora not yet but soon it will.. impressive right since when the WP released? 2yrs ago? or more? and BB10 just relased last january but how was the growth of apps? and besides WP apps are way overpriced compare to BB10 apps sad but true.. im using my WP apps are expensive!!
28. No_Nonsense posted on 22 Mar 2013, 06:40 9 5
Because android/ios got 700k+ apps in two years.
32. jlp34876 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:02 6 5
What will you do with this 700k apps? When i had my ipad 2 i installed like 150apps/games on it the rest are crappy apps. Now that i have my nexus 7 i installed 100+ apps/games the rest are with the same function ,diffirent UI.
34. HouTexan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:20 6 3
Those 700k+ apps give you choice; that's the difference.
36. jlp34876 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:32 6 3
I know that, I bet that quality apps would not even reach to 100k or 50k apps on those 2 platforms.
86. haseebzahid posted on 23 Mar 2013, 11:27 1 0
100k were ad blocker 100k were tourch light apps 100k are like overclocking apps 100k more are like battery saver and calander apps rest are distributed randomly so what apps u use is like 1 from many useless thousands i made these fighures up but this is what happenes making same apps with differnt color
so out of 700k maybe usefull apps will be 100-150k and reset are copies
37. No_Nonsense posted on 22 Mar 2013, 07:39 2 2
I never said I'll use 700k apps if I had an Android phone/iPhone. I just stated its not possible for any new/upcoming OS to have 700k quality apps in 2 years. It took Android/iOS 4+ years to reach that landmark.
60. Sangeet posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:56 1 2
no one designs apps just for you as if you need just 150 apps on your tablet so the app store won't have just 150 apps, more the no of apps in the store more likely you are going to get what you need.
At least think something before you comment.
59. frydaexiii posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:42 2 1
At the rate Microsoft is going at, Time isn't the only missing factor...Just look at the Windows Store for WIndows 8...
14. alterecho posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:17 9 3
Lol, not to mention all those important contacts and notes synced with iCloud.
41. -box- posted on 22 Mar 2013, 08:41 13 5
1) How many of those apps have duplicates?
2) How many of those apps are functional?
3) How many of those apps work on ALL the phones with the OS?
4) How many of those apps are limited mirrors of a web site that does the same thing?
5) How many of those apps are reliable?
6) How many of those apps are designed not to be battery,.processor,.amd data hogs?
A good smartphone OS doesn't need many apps. Games and certain tools, sure, but not a thousand different choices to make gun or flatus noises, or ten thousand different photo editors which don't do much more (if any) than those that come stock it as options from the manufacturer.
Instagram is useless if one already uses Facebook for photo sharing. Certain games may be fun but don't have much staying power (I.e. Draw Something). They're unnecessary for the most part.
56. NexusKoolaid posted on 22 Mar 2013, 10:27 2 2
I somewhat disagree with your assertion that a good smartphone OS doesn't need many apps (aside from bodily noise generators and the like, which get old very quickly). For Android and iOS there is some duplication among apps, and that is often times a good thing. The difference IMO is being content to be force into a certain way to do what you want to do (limited duplication) as opposed to finding an app that features a workflow that best fits your needs. On Android there are no shortage of task managers, many of them very well rated by those that use them. But I've found that only a few do exactly what I want.
72. jcarrigan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:12 2 2
Wow this Elop is one interesting fellow and obviously in desperate need of attention. Problem is that he is making a fool of himself by acting so unprofessional.
88. gaby1451 posted on 24 Mar 2013, 04:00 1 1
I think the only one acting unprofessional was the interviewer. I mean come on, you're not getting any info about an unannounced phone no matter how many times you bluntly ask! The interviewer was pissing me off, and I could tell it was getting to Elop despite him laughing it off.
Maybe throwing his phone aside was a bit much on camera, but hell after someone keeps going on and on in my face about a phone I'm not here to talk about, I'd overreact to; damn!
89. jcarrigan posted on 24 Mar 2013, 14:37 0 1
Maybe so but thats no way for a leader of a company to act no matter how the interviewer is being.
87. haseebzahid posted on 23 Mar 2013, 11:29 0 0
:O u mean the iphone SGS4 xpera razer or any other phone killer
because u have to smash 3310 once into their face
3. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:52 8 5
So now we will see a new war of words between Apple and Nokia. I am still enjoying the war between htc and samsung. This is good, I like it! :D
65. RapidCat posted on 22 Mar 2013, 13:03 0 0
i don't interested with SS vs HTC because both use android and both have strong side, hardware software vs body
but apple vs nokia. this is interesting.
68. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:01 1 0
It will be more of iOS vs Windows. And the interesting thing in 920 and iPhone is that both phones are still running at dual cores and 1gb of ram :)
4. DKMDROID posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:52 5 0
Got some swag going on there lol anything to claw some business back
5. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:54 16 4
iPhone got rap*ed
44. Wiki_jaan posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:12 2 6
nokia is dual face ....... one side he is joining apple against samsung and now this he did s**t..............
48. pookiewood posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:35 4 0
Is the enemy of my enemy my friend or my enemy?
67. NexusKoolaid posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:11 0 0
Negatory my friend - they are NOT joining Apple against Samsung. They simply see themselves as possibly getting into the same situation down the road and want to come out with a public message that might help their cause in the future. They couldn't care less about Apple.
82. Wiki_jaan posted on 23 Mar 2013, 00:43 0 0
i just hate elop
6. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:55 18 4
Now this is what we call "CONFIDENCE"
9. chupoltorero posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:59 11 9
thats arrogance specially coming from a CEO...have you seen any mobile OEM CEO thrashing other phone like that
10. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:05 17 9
But iPhone deserves it ! :P
17. chupoltorero posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:39 5 8
still it shows arrogance & bullying...i dont think nokia should stoop down to apples level...i once was a nokia user(long time ago) & really hope nokia would be able to get back but this clearly shows why i would not buy a nokia...they really should escape MS and get a new CEO
49. pookiewood posted on 22 Mar 2013, 09:35 5 1
Cry me a river.
70. ZeroCide posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:10 3 0
you disrespect stuff on here all the time. like you know respect.
74. TROLL posted on 22 Mar 2013, 15:41 0 3
You're a Ceo youre ment to be cool easy have respect dignity, wiseness, acting unprofessional and with no humanity. Uncivalized™
Thats my personal opinion on thoughts and dislikes.
30. TROLL posted on 22 Mar 2013, 06:45 1 4
Looks like hope and wishfull thinking faith.
I see Android overtake iOs due to a closed platform, Google has the might of every non Apple phone developer willing to sell OS, but WP only seems to have Nokia, while other manufacturers are focusing on Android.
Let's wait a very long time and see™
8. chupoltorero posted on 22 Mar 2013, 04:57 5 14
arrogant! no wonder nokia went from no.1 to what?! i really hope nokia escape their shackles from MS...
12. SIGPRO posted on 22 Mar 2013, 05:12 12 4
Haha i don't like Elop, but this one is epic die apple die! But Nokia is doing better by the day so Elop might do something good, but still he killed Meego :(
21. kushki posted on 22 Mar 2013, 06:00 6 2
That was actually hilarious... The interviewer was asking for it....
24. lumia920 posted on 22 Mar 2013, 06:06 4 3
why the change with lumia 920 wouldn't be fair??? it is better than iphone5....